Jogger attacked - Deadly force justified? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Jogger attacked - Deadly force justified?

JokerOne
04-19-2011, 11:56
Mas,

First let me say I own two of your books. Love them. thanks.

Second, we had a female jogger assaulted in our town this week.

Police said a woman jogger was approached by a man as she was running on the Street on Thursday afternoon. The man chased her, then grabbed and fondled her as the woman struggled and screamed, police said. A neighbor came to the woman’s aid and the man fled.

the suspect (17 years old) was charged with aggravated criminal sexual abuse and unlawful restraint.

She was unarmed the the question arose as to if she was carrying concealed would she be justifed in shooting the attacker? I realize the details aren't there but this was what was printed in the newspaper.

thanks.

Mas Ayoob
04-19-2011, 19:25
Joker, it would depend on what the Court calls "the totality of the circumstances." If he is larger and stronger than she and grabs her violently by the throat, he's pretty much bought and paid for. If he simply walks up and fondles her backside, it just ain't gun-pullin' time yet.

best,
Mas

JokerOne
04-20-2011, 19:48
Joker, it would depend on what the Court calls "the totality of the circumstances." If he is larger and stronger than she and grabs her violently by the throat, he's pretty much bought and paid for. If he simply walks up and fondles her backside, it just ain't gun-pullin' time yet.

best,
Mas

ok, thanks!