Raleigh City residents need to contact their councilpersons [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Raleigh City residents need to contact their councilpersons

Pinki
04-19-2011, 16:08
http://www.wral.com/news/news_briefs/story/9468023/ Raleigh City Council opposes concealed carry handgun bill..... I'm not a Raleigh City resident but I would think pro gun residents should let their council persons know they are for the bill...

ncglock19
04-19-2011, 20:13
I'm not a Raleigh resident either, but I think that we all need to e-mail them and let them know our feelings on this. Explain that CCW holders cannot drink when they carry. Getting to meet friends at Chili's, Red Robin, TGIFridays, etc. should not be against the law if you carry and don't drink.

FYI, here is the contact info:

The City Council is Raleigh's governing body, consisting of eight members who are elected for two-year terms. Three of the members, including the mayor, are elected at large, while the other members are elected from five districts. The City Council sets City policy, enacts laws and adopts the City budget each year.
City Council Members

Mayor: Charles Meeker | email: charles.meeker@raleighnc.gov
District A: Nancy McFarlane | email: nancy.mcfarlane@raleighnc.gov
District B: John Odom | email: john.odom@raleighnc.gov
District C: Eugene Weeks | email: eugene.weeks@raleighnc.gov
District D: Thomas Crowder | email: thomas.crowder@raleighnc.gov
District E: Bonner Gaylord | email: bonner.gaylord@raleighnc.gov
At-Large: Mary-Ann Baldwin (Mayor Pro Tempore) | email: mary-ann.baldwin@raleighnc.gov
At-Large: Russ Stephenson | email: russ.stephenson@raleighnc.gov

Email the entire City Council at citycouncilors@raleighnc.gov
City Council members receive an annual honorarium of $10,000 for their services. The Mayor Pro Tem receives $12,000 and the Mayor receives $15,000.

(This comes from http://www.raleighnc.gov/government/content/LandGovernment/Articles/CityCouncil.html )

nc19

Pinki
04-20-2011, 15:38
I'm not a Raleigh resident either, but I think that we all need to e-mail them and let them know our feelings on this. Explain that CCW holders cannot drink when they carry. Getting to meet friends at Chili's, Red Robin, TGIFridays, etc. should not be against the law if you carry and don't drink.

FYI, here is the contact info:

The City Council is Raleigh's governing body, consisting of eight members who are elected for two-year terms. Three of the members, including the mayor, are elected at large, while the other members are elected from five districts. The City Council sets City policy, enacts laws and adopts the City budget each year.
City Council Members

Mayor: Charles Meeker | email: charles.meeker@raleighnc.gov
District A: Nancy McFarlane | email: nancy.mcfarlane@raleighnc.gov
District B: John Odom | email: john.odom@raleighnc.gov
District C: Eugene Weeks | email: eugene.weeks@raleighnc.gov
District D: Thomas Crowder | email: thomas.crowder@raleighnc.gov
District E: Bonner Gaylord | email: bonner.gaylord@raleighnc.gov
At-Large: Mary-Ann Baldwin (Mayor Pro Tempore) | email: mary-ann.baldwin@raleighnc.gov
At-Large: Russ Stephenson | email: russ.stephenson@raleighnc.gov

Email the entire City Council at citycouncilors@raleighnc.gov
City Council members receive an annual honorarium of $10,000 for their services. The Mayor Pro Tem receives $12,000 and the Mayor receives $15,000.

(This comes from http://www.raleighnc.gov/government/content/LandGovernment/Articles/CityCouncil.html )

nc19

I'm not disagreeing with you -- but do you think they really care what we think (we as in non-constituents?). That is what makes we somewhat hesitant to email them myself.

trcubed
04-20-2011, 16:48
I'm not disagreeing with you -- but do you think they really care what we think (we as in non-constituents?). That is what makes we somewhat hesitant to email them myself.

Pinki...they wouldn't care what we thought if we WERE constituents...

Their liberal mindset doesn't allow them to possess even a hint of commonsense.

Pinki
04-21-2011, 02:25
Pinki...they wouldn't care what we thought if we WERE constituents...

Their liberal mindset doesn't allow them to possess even a hint of commonsense.

Well yes, that is true. But, if there is a large number of their constituents who disagreed with their actions, they would care at least about whether they will be re-elected.

trcubed
04-21-2011, 15:58
Well yes, that is true. But, if there is a large number of their constituents who disagreed with their actions, they would care at least about whether they will be re-elected.

There you go...threaten to take away their access to public privilege...make'em actually WORK for a living.

I like it!

Eagle22
04-23-2011, 06:49

That is NOT going to happen.

I live in Wake County, but not Raleigh.

Raleigh City council members are only concerned about themselves. How many free meals they get at restaurants. How many perks they get.

Taking state money and redistributing. They are more worried about Raleigh / Wake county schools, pot holes in roads, Ghay rights, and image of Raleigh. and Building That Raleigh Image. Spending state money to beautify down town Raleigh.

Only down town restaurants and night life, are places I would not go without carrying. Plus the streets at night.