Someone stole my brass scrap. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Someone stole my brass scrap.

justinsaneok
04-19-2011, 19:53
Someone stole my scrap brass bucket I had under my carport and my gas can that only had a gallon of gas in it. I need a trail cam or something to catch the brass banditos . Do any of them have a flash that cant be seen? I want to set a trap. I feel violated and must get even with whoever violates my personal space. Any recommendations? :steamed:

justinsaneok
04-19-2011, 19:56
Will this work? http://www.google.com/products/catalog?q=Bushnell+Trophy+Cam&hl=en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&cid=1939545979362611227&sa=X&ei=SDmuTce3O-WQ0QHgnpWiCw&ved=0CHEQ8wIwAg#p

I want something that has a flash that cant be seen so they don't steal the cam too..:steamed:

WI-Guy
04-19-2011, 19:58
Claymores and trip wires around the perimeter?

Or trail cams... That would probably work with less potential legal ramifications. There are infrared versions with no flash.

You can also get webcams to hook to your PC for pretty cheap...

justinsaneok
04-19-2011, 20:00
Claymores and trip wires around the perimeter?

Or trail cams... That would probably work with less potential legal ramifications. There are infrared versions with no flash.

You can also get webcams to hook to your PC for pretty cheap...

So if it's infrared they wont see the flash?

WI-Guy
04-19-2011, 20:13
So if it's infrared they wont see the flash?

No, with infrared there is no flash at all. It is like night vision...

justinsaneok
04-19-2011, 20:25

Trophy cam should do the trick I'm going to bust them. Victory will be mine!

NW-Warlord
04-19-2011, 20:35
Thank your lucky stars it was only scrap brass. If someone stole my reloading brass, I would hunt them down Predator style.

justinsaneok
04-19-2011, 20:49
Thank your lucky stars it was only scrap brass. If someone stole my reloading brass, I would hunt them down Predator style.

I got time they are going to be in a world of s##t!:steamed: It's the point of going on my property and stealing from me. I would have gave them the brass had they asked. I would have gave them the gas had they asked but they stole it. I would have invited them in and made them a sandwich if they were hungry, gave them an ice cold Pepsi to wash it down. I'm not a greedy man or even in the position to give but I would. They didn't need to steal from me. Now they are not a neighbor, they are my enemy who invaded my home and may have caused harm to me or my family had they been caught red handed. I now know they are unreasonable in their understanding and thinking. They will be treated as such.

reloader
04-19-2011, 21:05
How about a Claymore...LOL!

RWBlue
04-19-2011, 21:09

Not exactly.
The IR that trail cams use can be seen if you are looking at the camera.

BUT, it is not like a real flash.

Colorado4Wheel
04-19-2011, 21:34
Someone stole my scrap brass bucket I had under my carport and my gas can that only had a gallon of gas in it. I need a trail cam or something to catch the brass banditos . Do any of them have a flash that cant be seen? I want to set a trap. I feel violated and must get even with whoever violates my personal space. Any recommendations? :steamed:

Gas can with a 50/50 mix of water and gas.
Poop in a bucket, cover it with some brass.

That should do it.

PCJim
04-19-2011, 21:59
Gas can with a 50/50 mix of water and gas.
Poop in a bucket, cover it with some brass.

That should do it.

I'll do you one better... Gas can with gas to which you have added a cup or two or three of sugar. :supergrin:

(OK, that might be a touch over the edge.)

bush pilot
04-19-2011, 22:13
I got time they are going to be in a world of s##t!:steamed: It's the point of going on my property and stealing from me. I would have gave them the brass had they asked. I would have gave them the gas had they asked but they stole it. I would have invited them in and made them a sandwich if they were hungry, gave them an ice cold Pepsi to wash it down. I'm not a greedy man or even in the position to give but I would. They didn't need to steal from me. Now they are not a neighbor, they are my enemy who invaded my home and may have caused harm to me or my family had they been caught red handed. I now know they are unreasonable in their understanding and thinking. They will be treated as such.

Remind me not to piss you off.

labdwakin
04-20-2011, 01:37
I'll do you one better... Gas can with gas to which you have added a cup or two or three of sugar. :supergrin:

And THIS would be why you don't screw with old guys... they'll get you and you won't even know it was them til it's WAY too late. :whistling:

GioaJack
04-20-2011, 09:08
It's much more pleasurable to just lay in wait and beat the hell out of somebody. You young'uns depend way too heavily on technology.

Jack

StaTiK
04-20-2011, 10:33

Heh, there's nothing illegal about me keeping a can of bad gas on my property. That reminds me of a story when I was younger where a group of teenagers repeatedly went "lawn bowling" using their car as the ball and neighborhood trash cans as pins. One old man got fed up and filled his cans with concrete...

Would I be pissed if someone stole some scrap brass and some gas, yes. Would I track them down to do them harm, resulting in my arrest and possibly prevent me from owning/purchasing firearms? No way. Don't get me wrong, it was probably a snot nosed teenager who could use a tune-up if you caught him on your property but you didn't.

I say take this as a cheap lesson. Buy some motion sensor lights, make sure you're still locking your doors and setting your alarm, and maybe get a camera or two.

-StaTiK-

Gunnut 45/454
04-20-2011, 13:16
PCJim

Had a guy do that here! Had a gas can stolen twice -knew who its was an the cops said unless you catch him in the act they'd couldn't help! He fixed him good put sugar in his new can of gas and watched the Ahole blow up the engine in his car! It was a nice NEW CAR too!:rofl: I hope you catch the perp!
Think hard on the sugar though great way to stop them in there tracks!:supergrin:

PCJim
04-20-2011, 13:20
Would I track them down to do them harm, resulting in my arrest and possibly prevent me from owning/purchasing firearms? No way.
-StaTiK-

Exactly the point. DON'T go searching for them. Just make sure that if they come back, they might not be taking what they think they're taking...

Don't take Jack's advice - he's just trying to make sure you can't own firearms so he has the opportunity to add to his collection of Kimbers and STI's (and a plastic gun or two thrown in for good measure).

Roughedgekid
04-20-2011, 15:17
If you catch him maybe you should give him some lead to go with the brass.

unclebob
04-20-2011, 15:40
Didnít they try that on Myth Busters and nothing happened. It might clog the fuel pump and filter. But it well not destroy an engine.

Colorado4Wheel
04-20-2011, 16:28
Mythbusters says cars actually like sugar in the gas tank.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MythBusters_%282004_season%29

1/2 way down the page.

MrSmoofy
04-20-2011, 16:52

I was going to reload it for you, and I was short on gas forgot to stop at the gas station, but now that you made such a big deal about it, forget it :tongueout:

SPIN2010
04-20-2011, 17:24
Don't feel lonely ... a thief or thieves stole the steel steeple beams from my old local church. Shameful. Times are hard for many on the streets and it is going to get worse before it gets better I am afraid.

I am thinking Lock your doors and get all your stuff inside here in cincy.

http://www.wcpo.com/dpp/news/region_east_cincinnati/thieves-steal-metal-beams-built-to-hold-new-steeple-at-loveland-church

WiskyT
04-20-2011, 20:42
You might want to check and make sure your AC units are where you left them.

janice6
04-20-2011, 22:13

Old fib.....Sugar will dissolve in water but not gas. Use Antifreeze, it will burn with great carbon ash chunks in the cylinder and valve faces.

I have poured out sugar from snowmobile tanks without problems, other then particle filters.

m2hmghb
04-21-2011, 01:09
I have to wonder what would happen if you put the sugar into water dissolved it then mixed it with the gas. I'm pretty sure bad things would happen in an engine, but I have to wonder what exactly it would cause.

Cavalry Doc
04-21-2011, 12:08
The Infra Red game camera's do flash, just not with light you can see, because it's infra-red.

Since setting up land mines and bear traps is a no-no.......

Get them on film, report them to everyone you know. I do like the idea with the water 50/50. Maybe a bit of oil too.....

gwalchmai
04-21-2011, 13:25
Sounds like you don't really need a camera now...

Colorado4Wheel
04-21-2011, 13:34
Toluene is another option. Not sure if 1 gallon inside a tank would be enough to damage the rubber gaskets or not. Small doses of it are safe. I still think water is a nicer plan.

Toluene can be used as an octane booster in gasoline fuels used in internal combustion engines. Toluene at 86% by volume fueled all the turbo Formula 1 teams in the 1980s, first pioneered by the Honda team. The remaining 14% was a "filler" of n-heptane, to reduce the octane to meet Formula 1 fuel restrictions. Toluene at 100% can be used as a fuel for both two-stroke and four-stroke engines; however, due to the density of the fuel and other factors, the fuel does not vaporize easily unless preheated to 70 degrees Celsius (Honda accomplished this in their Formula 1 cars by routing the fuel lines through the muffler system to heat the fuel). Toluene also poses similar problems as alcohol fuels, as it eats through standard rubber fuel lines and has no lubricating properties as standard gasoline does, which can break down fuel pumps and cause upper cylinder bore wear.

unclebob
04-21-2011, 13:56
Put automatic transmission fluid in the gas. Whatever car has a smoke screen is the one that stole the gas.

justinsaneok
04-21-2011, 16:34
It's much more pleasurable to just lay in wait and beat the hell out of somebody. You young'uns depend way too heavily on technology.

Jack

I don't like to pay for pleasure.