NYPD Sig? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : NYPD Sig?

circa02
04-23-2011, 21:21
I was in Manhattan the other day, and I passed a number of cops, and 2 of them had Sigs for sure on there hip, one of which had a bobbed hammer, so I assume it was a DAK. I thought the NYPD only used Glocks as there primary weapon. Am I wrong?

silversport
04-24-2011, 06:21
SiG P226 DAO at least used (IDK if they still are) to be one of the approved pistols...as well as a 3rd gen S&W DAO...
Bill

leadbutt
04-24-2011, 06:23
SIG's where allowed for purchase from what i was told but they where the DAO model not the newer DAK trigger, last Officer I talked with said NYPD made the move to issued Glocks a few years ago instead of having the Officers purchase from a list during the basic

NYresq
10-22-2011, 02:53
NYPD had a choice of 3 different issued guns for many years, the Glock 19, Smith 5946, or the 226 DAO (not DAK).

When they had problems with the stamped carbon steel slides on the sigs rusting, they stopped issuing them.
With the new milled stainless slides now, I believe they are once again on the list of choices, but I dont know if its only as replacements for those already issued the sig, or also for the new recruits.