Ever Caught One of These? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ever Caught One of These?

BENCH
04-25-2011, 15:42
Kat my fishing partner, and I were Crappie fishing yesterday, and doing good despite the wind.

We were working our way up the bank when I noticed something blue lodged up against a Cypress tree in the middle of the cove.

We fished our way over to the floating object that turned out to be an ice chest, floating on its side with the lid up against the tree. I rolled it over, and saw it was full of beer, and no, they were not empty.

I don't drink anymore but I did need a new cooler to hold fish.

I wish the cooler could talk, because I would like to know how you loose your cooler full of beer.
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x150/Hondaddy/LakeFind001.jpg
http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x150/Hondaddy/LakeFind002.jpg

SHOOTR13
04-25-2011, 15:48
Natty Light and Coors Light...probably tossed overboard for lack of taste !!

:dunno:

Nice cooler tho...

BENCH
04-25-2011, 17:10
There was one Bud Light in a bottle on the very bottom, but I agree with ya, nice cooler.

Free Radical
04-25-2011, 17:24
Coors Light......Throw it back.

K.Kiser
04-25-2011, 19:52
Awesome catch, sometimes they're biting... Funny story, a few years ago I was fishing a small island of cypress tress/ sandbar for spawining cats... After being their about 20 minutes I had caught 4-5 decent ones when guy comes by on 1/2 plane thowing a helluva wake when their was about a mile of water that he coudl've chosen other than 70' from me especially when he coulda seen me in his path for about 2 minutes at that speed... When I gave him the gesture of " seriously dude ? " he threw me the bird ... Inconsideration is one of my bad triggers, and I'm compulsively considerate on the lake so I was irate and decided to move to another spot... The fishing slowed down and a few hours later I was on my way in and ended up about a 1/4 behind the jerk when I saw sonething floating in the wake of his boat... About 30 seconds I get to it and it was undoubtedly his cooler with about 8-10 nice catfish and about a dozen decent crappie... Normally I would've have been more than happy to give a fisherman back his catch, as I regularly give fish away at the ramp but this day no way in hell... Karma is a beach...

Zombie Steve
04-25-2011, 20:02
I wish the cooler could talk, because I would like to know how you loose your cooler full of beer.

The other cooler of beer's fault.

RyanNREMTP
04-25-2011, 20:51
I was wondering what my cooler went.