LNL or 550 ? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : LNL or 550 ?

Bob2223
04-25-2011, 20:08
Hey guyz didn't want to hijack a thread.
Been a while since I've posted, kinda been through some hard times in the last few months.

Wow the red blue thing is getting down to inches of hand movement?

Hate it that the LNL didn't work out for you Steve.
(You guyz do know Steve has sent at least one of everything Midway sales back for exchange or refund, oh and three ACME 150 lb anvils in the last 6 months!)
Just kidding Steve :supergrin:
I've saw the case tipping thing solved simply by getting the Vee bock down closer to the rim of the case. Removing a little material from the Vee block with a file put the contact area of the Vee block closer to the rim of the case and stopped the tipping for someone that was having the same problem.
I reload for two Glocks and haven't had that problem, mine are 40 cal though?
Maybe you tried that I don't know ?
When loading with the case feeder I really never completely stop the press handle, I place the bullet as the Ram is starting up and has already indexed so theres no bullet tipping. As the ram is finishing the up stroke I grab the next bullet and have it waiting until the ram go's down and starts up again. You can get a flow going where the ram hardly stops after some practice.

I'll have to say I kinda do miss the Red and Blue debate,,

Boxer believe it or not I'm holding my dog back in this one, you guyz are debating movement in inches, lbs and Oz's of pressure and calories burnt and I'm not ready for that yet.
:supergrin:

Anyway good to see the same crew still posting, well and Jack too I suppose?

Bob

Boxerglocker
04-25-2011, 20:12
Hey Bob, nice to hear from you. It's just the normal dinner table banter within family.

fredj338
04-25-2011, 20:14
Good to see you back on Bob. Hope things are looking better for you.

Bob2223
04-25-2011, 20:14
Hey Bob, nice to hear from you. It's just the normal dinner table banter within family.

It wouldnt be GTR without it! :wavey:

Bob

Bob2223
04-25-2011, 20:16
Thanks Fred
Things have to get better :upeyes:

Might even go shoot some this week ?

Bob

Colorado4Wheel
04-25-2011, 20:20
Hey guyz didn't want to hijack a thread.
Been a while since I've posted, kinda been through some hard times in the last few months.

Wow the red blue thing is getting down to inches of hand movement?

Hate it that the LNL didn't work out for you Steve.
(You guyz do know Steve has sent at least one of everything Midway sales back for exchange or refund, oh and three ACME 150 lb anvils in the last 6 months!)
Just kidding Steve :supergrin:
I've saw the case tipping thing solved simply by getting the Vee bock down closer to the rim of the case. Removing a little material from the Vee block with a file put the contact area of the Vee block closer to the rim of the case and stopped the tipping for someone that was having the same problem.
I reload for two Glocks and haven't had that problem, mine are 40 cal though?
Maybe you tried that I don't know ?
When loading with the case feeder I really never completely stop the press handle, I place the bullet as the Ram is starting up and has already indexed so theres no bullet tipping. As the ram is finishing the up stroke I grab the next bullet and have it waiting until the ram go's down and starts up again. You can get a flow going where the ram hardly stops after some practice.

I'll have to say I kinda do miss the Red and Blue debate,,

Boxer believe it or not I'm holding my dog back in this one, you guyz are debating movement in inches, lbs and Oz's of pressure and calories burnt and I'm not ready for that yet.

Anyway good to see the same crew still posting, well and Jack too I suppose?

Bob

Bob,

Good to have you back. Been wondering about you a lot.

Nope didn't try that. I did use a felt pad under the V block. No difference.

Bob2223
04-25-2011, 20:28
Thanks Steve
I hate it the LNL didnt work out for ya, hope you have better luck with the 650.

Bob

EL_NinO619
04-25-2011, 20:33
Welcome back Bob, been wondering where you've been. And its a game of inches Bob..And Grains, FPS..etc

Colorado4Wheel
04-25-2011, 20:45
Thanks Steve
I hate it the LNL didnt work out for ya, hope you have better luck with the 650.

Bob

Yeah, thanks. I'm stumped. I guess it's not a big deal really. Hornady is cutting me a check Friday. So I got my money coming back and I got to use a LnL for a while. It's no big deal. It's definitely given people a lot to talk about.

GioaJack
04-25-2011, 20:46
Who the hell is this BOB guy and why is he trying to start trouble? Everyone knows that the LNL is the best piece of machinery ever devised by man and we don't need some stranger coming in here trying to stir the pot.

Well, I don't know who you are but since you barged in I guess you might as well stay... unless of course we're not good enough for you.

Jack :supergrin:

Bob2223
04-25-2011, 20:50
Welcome back Bob, been wondering where you've been. And its a game of inches Bob..And Grains, FPS..etc

Thanks guy
It's all still a lot of fun !
Heck I think I've spent more time debating red and blue then actually loading on the press.
I'm satisfied with the LNL it's all I need.
Of course my LNL has been chrome plated, blue printed and dyno tested.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b376/BobMKIII/100_2910.jpg

Colorado4Wheel
04-25-2011, 20:53
That is mighty cool looking.

Bob2223
04-25-2011, 20:53
Hey Jack!
Best bunch of guyz on any reloading forum!
Thanks for lettin me stay!

Bob

Bob2223
04-25-2011, 20:55
That is mighty cool looking.

Thanks Steve
I still do a lot of loading on the single stage so I dont get the LNL dirty,,

Bob

GioaJack
04-25-2011, 20:57
I've arrested pimps, seen pimp hats, pimp cars and pimp guns... first time I've ever seen a pimp press.

Lord please take me before civilization sinks any lower.

Jack :crying:

Bob2223
04-25-2011, 21:01
I've arrested pimps, seen pimp hats, pimp cars and pimp guns... first time I've ever seen a pimp press.

Lord please take me before civilization sinks any lower.

Jack :crying:

Oh come on Jack don't be jealous.

Bob

EL_NinO619
04-25-2011, 21:08
WoW I like it..hows the bullet feeder working..

Boxerglocker
04-25-2011, 21:11

How is that bullet feeder working Bob? Specifically with lead? Did you have to open up the LNL die?

Bob2223
04-25-2011, 21:14

I don't have a bullet feeder, you mean the case feeder?

mmerrill64
04-25-2011, 21:18
WOW, my Dillon looks mundane compared to that!

Note to self: Buy more Flitz and dremel polishing wheels!!

Bob2223
04-25-2011, 21:21
WOW, my Dillon looks mundane compared to that!

Note to self: Buy more Flitz and dremel polishing wheels!!

Bob

EL_NinO619
04-25-2011, 21:24
Casefeeder, can't a man dream. LoL

Bob2223
04-25-2011, 21:30
Casefeeder, can't a man dream. LoL

I've said it before I didn't need a case feeder for the amount of loading I do and I got pretty fast without one.
But I wouldn't take my $ back for it now.

Bob

mmerrill64
04-25-2011, 21:35
Need to start a pimped out press picture thread!

GioaJack
04-25-2011, 21:45
They wouldn't give you your money back... when you gonna shoot that stupid turkey, or have you been trying and just can't hit it?

Jack

Bob2223
04-25-2011, 21:57
They wouldn't give you your money back... when you gonna shoot that stupid turkey, or have you been trying and just can't hit it?

Jack

That picture was taken through the 6x24 mil dot scope on my air rifle, if I want a turkey it's easy pickins with it.

Bob