BCM vs. Spike's Tactical [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : BCM vs. Spike's Tactical

Truffle8Shuffle
04-26-2011, 15:56
After doing a good amount of research for my first AR, I've come to the conclusion that, for the money I have to spend, I can get a quality mid-length rifle from either Spike's or BCM. I'm sure I'll get the usual split decision with this question, but if price were the same, which would you buy and why?

I know some will say "Just save a few more hundred dollars and buy a Colt/DD/etc." but I don't need anything more than what Spike's or BCM has to offer and would rather put that money into ammo/range time/optics/mags.

I've read the negative comments about Spike's but it seems like most of that is behind them and they've stepped up a bit in quality and customer service.

With the prices so close, Spike's is only slightly ahead in my opinion just because they're a Florida-based company.

Thanks! :wavey:

thisaway
04-26-2011, 16:03
I would go with BCM, because they perform the MP/HP tests on all their uppers, and I am unsure if Spike's does or not.

M&P15T
04-26-2011, 16:09
You also need to consider availability. While I myself have the patience to wait, right now many BCM products are out of stock, especially their mid-length uppers.

While I would go with BCM, the question is how badly do you want one of their mid-length uppers?

Broncbuster
04-26-2011, 16:13
I have a Spikes Great carbine for the money. BCM are quality as well. I do not think you could go wrong with either.

CarryTexas
04-26-2011, 16:24
I just ordered a BCM MID-16 (http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-Mid-16-AR15-Bravo-Company-s/142.htm) Mod 0

They received my order 4/11 I had it in my hands 4/22... I was expecting 8 weeks and got it in about 2 weeks!

Jack Black
04-26-2011, 16:41
If price is equal, I'd choose BCM no question (fair disclosure, I chose BCM even though price isn't equal). Of the hundreds or thousands of posts I've read over the years I've heard it argued many times that Spikes is just as good as BCM, but costs less. I've never heard anyone argue that Spikes is better than BCM. In fact, it seems like you put Colt and DD at a higher level than BCM, but most regard them as equal. My understanding is that Spikes used to batch HPT/MPI, but now does so individually. So BCM takes it over Spikes by reputation.

bullittmcqueen
04-26-2011, 16:52
This really is not even a fair question. Spikes is not on the same playing field with BCM. I can't believe you said you would put spikes ahead of bcm slightly.....

BCM is classified in the same upper tier with colt/DD/LMT/KAC. Spikes is not.

Truffle8Shuffle
04-26-2011, 17:00
I would go with BCM, because they perform the MP/HP tests on all their uppers, and I am unsure if Spike's does or not.

IIRC Spike's now tests all their uppers, as well. Like I said in my OP, from everything I've read, Spike's has stepped up to meet the competition.

You also need to consider availability. While I myself have the patience to wait, right now many BCM products are out of stock, especially their mid-length uppers.

While I would go with BCM, the question is how badly do you want one of their mid-length uppers?

Luckily, waiting isn't really an issue for me as I'm in no rush. If cost/wait time were equal, why would you go with BCM?

I have a Spikes Great carbine for the money. BCM are quality as well. I do not think you could go wrong with either.

This is my 'problem'.

I just ordered a BCM MID-16 (http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-Mid-16-AR15-Bravo-Company-s/142.htm) Mod 0

They received my order 4/11 I had it in my hands 4/22... I was expecting 8 weeks and got it in about 2 weeks!

I know there will be at least some wait time with either company. Luckily I'm not in any rush. What made you pick BCM over all the others?

If price is equal, I'd choose BCM no question (fair disclosure, I chose BCM even though price isn't equal). Of the hundreds or thousands of posts I've read over the years I've heard it argued many times that Spikes is just as good as BCM, but costs less. I've never heard anyone argue that Spikes is better than BCM. In fact, it seems like you put Colt and DD at a higher level than BCM, but most regard them as equal. My understanding is that Spikes used to batch HPT/MPI, but now does so individually. So BCM takes it over Spikes by reputation.

What made you specifically choose BCM? If what all you've read says that Spike's = BCM but costs less, then why shouldn't I just get a Spike's and save some money?

My Colt/DD comment was more about cost than quality. I have no doubts that a Spike's or BCM would be just as good as a Colt/DD but there's always someone that says Colt/DD are better simply because they cost more.

Captains1911
04-26-2011, 17:26
This choice is easy....BCM. And BCM is just as good as Colt, LMT, and DD, and has the track record to prove it. You can't say the same about Spikes at this point.

mvician
04-26-2011, 17:27
I'd choose BCM.

Why?

I've never read any trash talking from Paul. Tom on the other hand...:whistling:

faawrenchbndr
04-26-2011, 17:34
I'd choose BCM.

Why?

I've never read any trash talking from Paul. Tom on the other hand...:whistling:

What Mike said,.......:thumbsup:

Jack Black
04-26-2011, 17:52
What made you specifically choose BCM? If what all you've read says that Spike's = BCM but costs less, then why shouldn't I just get a Spike's and save some money?

I didn't say that all I've read is that Spikes = BCM. I said many have argued that. Big difference. Of the two major AR15 boards, ARF.com likes Spikes, but M4Carbine very much still does not. As I said before, BCM takes it over Spikes because of reputation. Spikes did not always individually HPT/MPI test, though I've heard they do now. But because they haven't been doing all the right things for as long, and because there are some dings in their business practices, Spikes doesn't have the reputation of BCM. I've never read a bad thing about BCM anywhere. That said, Spikes may achieve the same reputation over time, and I can see myself buying one in the future.

Randolph da man
04-26-2011, 17:59
Ive never seen a credible source say Spikes is equal to BCM.
(guys living in their mom's basement and posting on barf.com till 4am in the morning arent credible)

CarryTexas
04-26-2011, 18:50
Luckily, waiting isn't really an issue for me as I'm in no rush. If cost/wait time were equal, why would you go with BCM?

Mainly due to all the good reviews they get on here and other sites. I am also not very fond of the rollmarks on the Spikes... a little too comic book for me.

I have a Spikes complete upper on another rifle and they're both good quality. However, the price is very close so you might as well pick the one with the best reputation which is BCM.

zibby43
04-26-2011, 19:44
This really is not even a fair question. Spikes is not on the same playing field with BCM. I can't believe you said you would put spikes ahead of bcm slightly.....

BCM is classified in the same upper tier with colt/DD/LMT/KAC. Spikes is not.

Quoted for Truth. I'd add Noveske and Larue in there as well for the Top Tier manufacturers.

MistoGators
04-26-2011, 20:18
The complete Spike's LE rifles are every bit as equal to BCM. The certs have been posted since last summer now. Don't let facts get in the way of a cool story though...
BCM has a better reputation and a lot more options. Those are really the only differences.

JGguns
04-26-2011, 20:23
While I chose bcm. My dealer says he has built alot of sbr for very "Reliable" sources and all have gave spikes a thumbs up. He also uses spike for all his personal builds. That was enough for mento go with a spike for my sbr. He isn't some ba sf dude but he shops the crap out of his sbr's and he has no complaints. At the same time he says he has know problem with bcm either.

When it came down to it he basically Sao pick your poison and I went with spikes cause his first hand experience with them. Time will tell if it was the right choice. Also I am 100% satisfied with my bcm middy. It's eats everything and asks for more.

rsxr22
04-26-2011, 20:40
Either would be a good choice, but the BCM is the best option imo

glock031
04-26-2011, 21:13
I read about three threads this week of problems with BCM rifles malfunctioning due to short buffer springs installed and shipped from Bcm recently.

Jack Black
04-26-2011, 21:49
I read about three threads this week of problems with BCM rifles malfunctioning due to short buffer springs installed and shipped from Bcm recently.

Links?

madecov
04-26-2011, 21:53
I have had great luck with Spike's. BCM would not allow any dealers to set up with them last year. It seems Grant was the only authorized BCM dealer. Recently RSR has started to carry BCM.

Spikes dealer pricing allows for decent discounts. Either one will be a great rifle. It just depends on availability.

CarryTexas
04-26-2011, 21:55
Links?

I would like to see them as well. I have never heard anything negative about BCM

glock031
04-26-2011, 22:46
I would like to see them as well. I have never heard anything negative about BCM

Look over at m4c technical discussion. There you should find two threads. The other was ar15 i believe the building forum. I was surprised to read about it. It seems the buffer springs were just two inches short and caused problems.

micdude
04-26-2011, 23:27
The complete Spike's LE rifles are every bit as equal to BCM. The certs have been posted since last summer now. Don't let facts get in the way of a cool story though...
BCM has a better reputation and a lot more options. Those are really the only differences.

+2
Bcm has a longer reliable reputation than spikes but spikes has stepped up to the plate

I hate waiting myself but you can get a Spikes midlength here now 499.99
http://www.primaryarms.com/product.sc?productId=575&categoryId=94

By the way I have had nothing but good service from primary arms too.

ColdBlooded
04-26-2011, 23:41
Just today Aimsurplus got in their Spikes Midlengths w/bcg for $499, and you get the moe handguards too.

micdude
04-26-2011, 23:53
Just today Aimsurplus got in their Spikes Midlengths w/bcg for $499, and you get the moe handguards too.

:wow: sweet even better, you know I didn't get an email from them about that. :dunno:

ColdBlooded
04-27-2011, 00:19
:wow: sweet even better, you know I didn't get an email from them about that. :dunno:

Better hurry. The last time they sold out during the pre-sale. They must have ordered way more than normal, because they are still in stock, and it has been 8 hours since they were made available.

bullittmcqueen
04-27-2011, 06:09
Why not wait for a BCM?

Truffle8Shuffle
04-27-2011, 09:34
Why not wait for a BCM?

If this is directed toward me, like I said, waiting is not an issue for me. From what all I've read, it would seem that Spike's and BCM will be more than adequate for my wants/needs but that the biggest reason to go with BCM is that they've had a better reputation for longer. I can definitely respect that.

Whichever way I decide, I'll probably end up getting the other somewhere down the road when I'm ready for something new.

Knowing myself, I'll probably have to flip a coin to decide.

faawrenchbndr
04-27-2011, 09:41
I have a Spikes upper, it has been 100% reliable.
However, I will never buy another product from Spikes. The lies, the BS,
the refusal to provide certifications for nearly a year........they just lost my business.

Kinda funny how they had been swearing they had all these spec certifications for a year or longer.
But when they released them, the certs were only a month or less old.

BBJones
04-27-2011, 11:44
Pretty much what everyone else said. BCM!

VT RAIDER
04-27-2011, 12:12
Out of the two choices, I would buy a BCM... A lot of people use Spike's in their builds without issues with functionality, but their business practices have often rubbed people the wrong way... So that alone I would not go with Spike's. I have never read or heard anything bad about a BCM... Had a BCM RECCE 16 crossed my path during my search for an AR I would have probably bought it...

DieselNut
04-27-2011, 12:32
I wasn't crazy about the spike's LPK I got. Had issues with the mag catch and spring. Their lower receiver is good to go though.

Daekwan
04-27-2011, 14:01

I agree 100% with what you just said. I'm always amazed at how one standard can apply to one manufacter and not another. Seems the AR world is full of double standards. For example:

Many times I've read that BCM is Colt quality for less. Well if that is true and was the main reason to buy BCM. Now I'm reading Spikes is BCM quality for less. Wouldn't this be the exact same logic? After they are all equals in quality. Now it seems like the "reputation" of BCM plays a part. Well if that was the case, wouldnt the reputation of Colt outweight them all? If we are talking about an apples-to-apples comparison.. then logic would say to buy the cheapest 100% milspec AR can you buy, because they are all the same.

I shop different manufacters for different reasons:

A) I bought a Colt, because I wanted a Colt as my first AR. They set the standard, in most people's eyes they will always be the standard. Just seemed like a no regrets place to start. And I'm glad I did.

B) I bought a DD as a 2nd rifle. Because logic told me Colt/DD/BCM were all the same quality. But the DD was far more customizable, it would be a complete DD rifle made of all DD parts (including the rail) and I got a awesome price thru SmartGunner.

C) My next rifle will be a Spikes. I've explained why above.. if Spikes is now proven to be equal to Colt/DD/BCM, why pay more for the other brands. Spikes is by far the cheapest and has become the most innovative.

D) Lastly I'd still consider a BCM. I've looked at them several times and always seen something I've wanted. While the big white logo was a small turnoff, their quality/reputation/customization puts them on a level of their own. As an example of that.. I'm currently switching all of my CH to BCM Gunfighters. If BCM can keep things in stock, I've always wanted to build an MK18 clone and they have everything I need to do it. Plus they can ship the rifle complete from the factory as registered SBR. That keeps me from having to do any additional engraving on the lower.

It really comes down to what you want. But probably the best advice right now is to buy whatever is in stock. Because popular items like 14.5" middys are selling out like crazy.. and if you want one and find it ready to ship. Then you better snatch it up.

Captains1911
04-27-2011, 14:33

Look over at m4c technical discussion. There you should find two threads. The other was ar15 i believe the building forum. I was surprised to read about it. It seems the buffer springs were just two inches short and caused problems.

I can't find any such threads on M4C regarding this issue, I looked back over 2 weeks in both the AR Technical and AR General forums. Maybe I missed them. If you have the links could you please provide them?

glock031
04-27-2011, 18:19
I can't find any such threads on M4C regarding this issue, I looked back over 2 weeks in both the AR Technical and AR General forums. Maybe I missed them. If you have the links could you please provide them?

Here's one...

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=79854

I'm at work right now and don't have the time for the others they are there.

glock031
04-27-2011, 18:22
I agree 100% with what you just said. I'm always amazed at how one standard can apply to one manufacter and not another. Seems the AR world is full of double standards. For example:

Many times I've read that BCM is Colt quality for less. Well if that is true and was the main reason to buy BCM. Now I'm reading Spikes is BCM quality for less. Wouldn't this be the exact same logic? After they are all equals in quality. Now it seems like the "reputation" of BCM plays a part. Well if that was the case, wouldnt the reputation of Colt outweight them all? If we are talking about an apples-to-apples comparison.. then logic would say to buy the cheapest 100% milspec AR can you buy, because they are all the same.

I shop different manufacters for different reasons:

A) I bought a Colt, because I wanted a Colt as my first AR. They set the standard, in most people's eyes they will always be the standard. Just seemed like a no regrets place to start. And I'm glad I did.

B) I bought a DD as a 2nd rifle. Because logic told me Colt/DD/BCM were all the same quality. But the DD was far more customizable, it would be a complete DD rifle made of all DD parts (including the rail) and I got a awesome price thru SmartGunner.

C) My next rifle will be a Spikes. I've explained why above.. if Spikes is now proven to be equal to Colt/DD/BCM, why pay more for the other brands. Spikes is by far the cheapest and has become the most innovative.

D) Lastly I'd still consider a BCM. I've looked at them several times and always seen something I've wanted. While the big white logo was a small turnoff, their quality/reputation/customization puts them on a level of their own. As an example of that.. I'm currently switching all of my CH to BCM Gunfighters. If BCM can keep things in stock, I've always wanted to build an MK18 clone and they have everything I need to do it. Plus they can ship the rifle complete from the factory as registered SBR. That keeps me from having to do any additional engraving on the lower.

It really comes down to what you want. But probably the best advice right now is to buy whatever is in stock. Because popular items like 14.5" middys are selling out like crazy.. and if you want one and find it ready to ship. Then you better snatch it up.

+1 No company is perfect or magical.

djegators
04-27-2011, 18:46
I say go with BCM, main consideration being my personal experience with several of their rifles, and lots of orders with them. The Spikes shenanigan's is annoying, so even though I am sure they make good stuff, if as you say, price being equal, there is no hesitation on my part. Plus there is this: BCM does NOT make fake cans, zombie lowers, or other such silliness. I am an adult gun owner, shooter, and collector, so I use the adult products.

Captains1911
04-27-2011, 19:04
Here's one...

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=79854

I'm at work right now and don't have the time for the others they are there.

According to that thread the spring, albeit on the short end of the spec range, was still within spec, and the OP had not yet determined the cause of the malfunctions.

CarryTexas
04-27-2011, 19:06
Here are my two:

Spikes is on the top and BCM on the bottom

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/_eLHn_Cznc4E/Tbi9BGNlnhI/AAAAAAAACPw/IeSy1F7YjYI/s800/BCM_Spikes.jpg

Scattergun1187
04-27-2011, 19:38
I would go with BCM. I have a BCM 14.5" Mid with complete BCM lower and it is top notch. Fixing to buy the LMT 10.5" upper for my SBR.

glock031
04-27-2011, 19:40
According to that thread the spring, albeit on the short end of the spec range, was still within spec, and the OP had not yet determined the cause of the malfunctions.

Here's another but im sure it will end like the raise your rate cd comercial.

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=79753

I'm surprised because usually any negative mention of bcm over there gets locked and sometimes disapears I've noticed that they are part of the machine that pushes said brand with a iron fist.

ftw13
04-27-2011, 19:46
the choice is easy....LMT

Jack Black
04-27-2011, 21:41
Here's another but im sure it will end like the razor rate cd comercial.

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=79753

I'm surprised because usually any negative mention of bcm over there gets locked and sometimes disapears I've noticed that they are part of the machine that pushes said brand with a iron fist.

That one has over 6,000 rounds through it and the problems just started.

Anyway, no one is claiming that any company is perfect. Colt, Noveske, etc...everyone turns out a lemon every now and then. You just hope that with a good company the chances of getting a lemon are lower.

jono446
04-27-2011, 22:38
I got a spikes mid length out the door with 3 mags for just over 800 shipped with the barfcom discount, I did have to wait a little while but I knew that, and they were right in time when they said it'd be here. I've had great luck with this gun and I don't know how you can buy a complete BCM for that dollar amount, unless you build it yourself with a blem lower maybe. I'd give the spikes another look, plus customer service was great, (had some issues with my ffl not being able to get his info there).

micdude
04-28-2011, 00:12
Just a FYI

Spikes Certification Doc
http://www.spikestactical.com/new/z/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=37

Life time Warranty
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=282&t=194405

Sounds GTG to me

faawrenchbndr
04-28-2011, 04:09
Just a FYI

Spikes Certification Doc

Life time Warranty
http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=2&f=282&t=194405

Sounds GTG to me

Except for the lies, deception and general BS,.......NOT GTG for me!

djegators
04-28-2011, 06:08

Yeah, but you're missing the point...you don't buy Spikes, you won't have a fake can, a pirate engraving, or a flare launcher. :tongueout:

faawrenchbndr
04-28-2011, 06:19
Yeah, but you're missing the point...you don't buy Spikes, you won't have a fake can, a pirate engraving, or a flare launcher. :tongueout:

That's a good point!
So buy a Spikes rifle and get a "poser rifle" from a "poser manufacturer"? :dunno:

Daekwan
04-28-2011, 10:35

I'm so glad someone else has noticed that. You would think M4C was owned by BCM that way it is controlled. The moderators will not tolerate anything negative said about BCM (not that there is much to say negative about them.. they make good stuff and have awesome service). You can even talk all day about how great your BCM rifle is or all night about how another brand sucks. That said try to flip the coin, and the thread will be locked or deleted quicker than hit the submit button on the post. If you dare start a Spikes thread on M4C, not only will get it locked and/or deleted you'll probably be banned soon. Which is a shame, because Spikes is taking BCM's formula and seeing the exact same success BCM did when they came on the scene around 5-6 years ago.

I think it all comes down to the individuals who started/own M4C make most of their money selling BCM products. And they make sure they do everything to protect their golden goose. M4C is a great site for info from industry experts.. but best believe the bias on that site is worst than any I've seen on a gun forum.

DieselNut
04-28-2011, 10:52
What makes some of you think their (spikes) tests are lies?

micdude
04-28-2011, 10:53

Oh I didn't know BCM was perfect and never does anything wrong.:tongueout:

BBJones
04-28-2011, 12:15
Oh I didn't know BCM was perfect and never does anything wrong.:tongueout:

You are right BCM (or any other manufacturer) are not perfect. Some are just closer than others. Spikes lied about their certs. Spikes does not have great CS. Spikes owner gets in public arguments exposing himself to be an idiot and a jerk. etc. Try and find an instance where BCM screwed over a customer, lied about their products, or acted like buffoons.

glock031
04-28-2011, 12:40
You are right BCM (or any other manufacturer) are not perfect. Some are just closer than others. Spikes lied about their certs. Spikes does not have great CS. Spikes owner gets in public arguments exposing himself to be an idiot and a jerk. etc. Try and find an instance where BCM screwed over a customer, lied about their products, or acted like buffoons.

Could you provide links to some of these lies please. I couldn't find any searching.. TIA!

DieselNut
04-28-2011, 12:49
Could you provide links to some of these lies please. I couldn't find any searching.. TIA!

I'd like to see that too.

micdude
04-28-2011, 13:40
I'd like to see that too.

+3 lets see

BCM has undoubtedly established itself as one of the highest quality manufacturers of AR-15 rifles for hard use.Spike’s Tactical offers a very high quality product at a price normally reserved for much lower quality products. I don’t know how they’re doing it – and yes, I’ve asked. They’re working very hard to establish themselves as a quality brand, and they’re doing a good job of it.Should you have a technical issue or problem with one of their products, both companies will do whatever they can to fix the problem in a very rapid manner.

faawrenchbndr
04-28-2011, 13:45
What makes some of you think their (spikes) tests are lies?

Search the archives on ARFcom.........danged if I'm going to do the work for ya!

DieselNut
04-28-2011, 14:28
Search the archives on ARFcom.........danged if I'm going to do the work for ya!

After all the hard feelings so many of you feel about that website, you have any other source of good info? :rofl:

faawrenchbndr
04-28-2011, 14:37
After all the hard feelings so many of you feel about that website, you have any other source of good info? :rofl:

Who's got hard feelings about that website? :dunno:
Keep in mind that the "argument" between BCM & Spikes was about 3+ years ago.
Gotta search archives for that stuff,......or a ton of web searching.
It was in the industry section for Spikes

micdude
04-28-2011, 14:37

I have been looking for 15min's and all I see are good things and one or two people saying what you’re saying with no proof. The way you make it sound is it’s like they shot your first born and buy the way the owner of spikes is a regular poster on that sight.

Thats my point 3 years ago boy you can hold a grudge.Are you going back in time to buy your AR?

BBJones
04-28-2011, 14:45
I have been looking for 15min's and all I see are good things and one or two people saying what you’re saying with no proof. The way you make it sound is it’s like they shot your first born and buy the way the owner of spikes is a regular poster on that sight.

It happened whether you can find links or not. Just because you are late to the party doesn't mean nothing happened before you got there. I am not going to spend time finding links. This is not internet rumor. It is well documented; do your own research.

I am not personally pissed at Spikes, but if given the choice I would do business with BCM (or Noveske, Colt, DD, KAC, etc.) first.

I could make a personal comment about you too: "You sound like you are in love with Spikes are you dating the owner?" Its sounds juvenile both ways. Lets not get into name calling and other BS.

faawrenchbndr
04-28-2011, 14:46
Personally I do not care what you, or others buy.
Educate yourself on the history of the company or stay uninformed.
Personally, I can not give money to a company with with that track record.

If it matters to you fine, if it does not matter to you, fine. :dunno:

glock031
04-28-2011, 14:51
Here's the only negative thread i could find. Archived at m4c. Yea the usual suspects (dealer -w- an agenda that was accused of price fixing and banned at ar15, mods, and a few followers) teamed up on Tom. It's all here. Draw your own conclusions. Start at pg 29/30. No lie proven IMO.

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=54922

There is a bash spikes thread archived at ar15 but its all gtg compliments from spikes users.

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=494257&page=1

bullittmcqueen
04-28-2011, 15:58
This thread really has jumped the shark, but i couldnt resist. You asked for it. Page 3 and 4 have someone named "spikes-rep" spouting a bunch of you know what.

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=33514

FWIW, I really could care less what people buy. I just hope I can help them make the best choice for themselves.

glock031
04-28-2011, 16:39
This thread really has jumped the shark, but i couldnt resist. You asked for it. Page 3 and 4 have someone named "spikes-rep" spouting a bunch of you know what.

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=33514

FWIW, I really could care less what people buy. I just hope I can help them make the best choice for themselves.

Is that the lie?

txleapd
04-28-2011, 17:21
So where's the lie? Can't say i blame the man for getting upset when he couldn't win because the deck was already stacked against him by the same 2 suspects........with an agenda.

That's how I read it too....

glock031
04-28-2011, 17:55
I know this thread got off topic. Some stated that spikes lied. They provided no links. Can they at least state specifically what the lies were about so people could check into it? Always hear spike lied but no one ever says what they lied about. :dunno:

faawrenchbndr
04-28-2011, 18:08
Read what I posted, they lied for nearly two years that their parts were up to
military specifications. They had no paperwork, they could not produce any test results.
When they finally posted their mil-spec paperwork, the test dates were only 45-60 days old.

So,.......for 2+ years, they lied about the quality of their parts & that they were tested.

Are they up to speed now? Yes
Do I, or many shooters trust Spikes? No

Jack Black
04-28-2011, 18:11
I'm so glad someone else has noticed that. You would think M4C was owned by BCM that way it is controlled. The moderators will not tolerate anything negative said about BCM (not that there is much to say negative about them.. they make good stuff and have awesome service). You can even talk all day about how great your BCM rifle is or all night about how another brand sucks. That said try to flip the coin, and the thread will be locked or deleted quicker than hit the submit button on the post. If you dare start a Spikes thread on M4C, not only will get it locked and/or deleted you'll probably be banned soon. Which is a shame, because Spikes is taking BCM's formula and seeing the exact same success BCM did when they came on the scene around 5-6 years ago.

I think it all comes down to the individuals who started/own M4C make most of their money selling BCM products. And they make sure they do everything to protect their golden goose. M4C is a great site for info from industry experts.. but best believe the bias on that site is worst than any I've seen on a gun forum.

glock031 himself posted links to two threads where people were having problems with BCM. So obviously they're not deleting all threads that are negative about them. They will delete threads for other reasons, like if you don't give the manufacturer a chance to fix the problem first. I'm guessing those threads you're referring to were deleted for other reasons.

S. Kelly
04-28-2011, 20:52
I ordered a Spike's M4LE-great price. Can't wait for it to come in.

djegators
04-28-2011, 21:13
Read what I posted, they lied for nearly two years that their parts were up to
military specifications. They had no paperwork, they could not produce any test results.
When they finally posted their mil-spec paperwork, the test dates were only 45-60 days old.

So,.......for 2+ years, they lied about the quality of their parts & that they were tested.

Are they up to speed now? Yes
Do I, or many shooters trust Spikes? No

Yes...and do not forget the Obama buying frenzy gouging. And in regards to the certs, when G&R called them on it, they made childish threats and name-calling, and then months provided the newly acquired certs they claimed they had all along. For me, there are too many other options than to have to deal with childish producers of fake cans and such.

MistoGators
04-28-2011, 23:00
Facts are stubborn things I guess.
:/

MistoGators
04-28-2011, 23:01
Funny how some of you are defending G&R, considering Grant was busted for price fixing.

faawrenchbndr
04-29-2011, 01:45
Yes...and do not forget the Obama buying frenzy gouging. And in regards to the certs, when G&R called them on it, they made childish threats and name-calling, and then months provided the newly acquired certs they claimed they had all along. For me, there are too many other options than to have to deal with childish producers of fake cans and such.

Very true as well.........there is a whole lot of drama that surrounds Spikes!

glock031
04-29-2011, 08:56
There are certs posted here dated back to 10/08.

http://www.ar15.com/lite/topic.html?b=2&f=282&t=194245

glock031
04-29-2011, 10:01
Funny how some of you are defending G&R, considering Grant was busted for price fixing.

Ethical behavior must not apply here?

faawrenchbndr
04-29-2011, 15:46
There are certs posted here dated back to 10/08.

http://www.ar15.com/lite/topic.html?b=2&f=282&t=194245

You really should look at all the documents,........:tongueout:
Great try though! :rofl:

HAIL CAESAR
04-29-2011, 17:58
Spikes lied about their certs. Spikes owner gets in public arguments exposing himself to be an idiot and a jerk. ...... or acted like buffoons.

I'd choose BCM.

Why?

If you use that criteria then Mark LaFool should not sell a single product all year.:rofl:

HAIL CAESAR
04-29-2011, 18:05
OP,

I will ask the same question that I ask everyone and probably the most important question there is.... (Too bad hardly anyone ever asks it here except a few actual knowledgeable shooters)

What do you want it for/what are you going to do with it?

ArmaGlock
04-30-2011, 09:08
BCM. Quality stuff, with a great reputation and prices. They are hard to get your hands on right now. I have a BCM dealer in my area and was able to get a complete lower and upper they had in stock. I ordered my BCG from Bravo Company as soon as I got an email that they were in stock. The BCGs literally sold out in less than 12 hours after they came back in stock.

And I wouldn't put Colt/DD/LMT on a higher level than BCM, they are equals.

Flashbang1063
04-30-2011, 11:37
I couldn't decide between the two myself....so I went with a Spikes lower and BCM mid-length upper :cool:
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f226/dgimagesphotography/BCM%20-%20Spikes%20Build/IMG_2741.jpg
I just received another BCG from BCM today. I just took it out of the wrapper and if you look at the bolt face you can see that it has been tested by BCM, good QC IMHO.
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f226/dgimagesphotography/BCM%20-%20Spikes%20Build/IMG_2748.jpg
http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f226/dgimagesphotography/BCM%20-%20Spikes%20Build/IMG_2744.jpg

faawrenchbndr
05-01-2011, 07:28
Nice!

I see you chose BCM for the important parts/pieces! :thumbsup:

glock031
05-01-2011, 08:52
You really should look at all the documents,........:tongueout:
Great try though! :rofl:

Yup still looking to find bcm's test documents......Not just some but all of them back to 2005. You know just to verify thier claims also. :yawn: