Dixie Gun & Knife Show - Raleigh - Apr 30 / May 1 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Dixie Gun & Knife Show - Raleigh - Apr 30 / May 1

ncglock19
04-26-2011, 21:05
Just in case anyone has forgotten, Dixie Gun and Knife show this coming weekend at the Raleigh State Fairgrounds. Check their website for the Dollar-off coupon for admission.

nc19

Kriterian
04-28-2011, 10:09
I've been waiting awhile for this one. I got my Glock with my tax refund check back in February and have been wanting to try out holsters.

That reminds me. Is there a way to bring my own weapon in (unloaded with no magazines) and have them safety tie it BUT in a way that I can still use it to try out holsters? I'm worried that a zip tie through the extractor port will keep it from fitting in some holsters that are molded to the gun.

ncglock19
04-28-2011, 15:04
I would ask security for a couple of extra ties if they can't do it in a way to allow you to try holsters. Most times, they may have blue guns to give you an idea. By bringing a couple of extra ties, the dealer may allow you to step behind the table, and you can cut your tie, check out the holster, make a decision, and the re-secure the gun with a new tie. The dealer would have to be in agreement.

nc19

Kriterian
04-29-2011, 10:11
I would ask security for a couple of extra ties if they can't do it in a way to allow you to try holsters. Most times, they may have blue guns to give you an idea. By bringing a couple of extra ties, the dealer may allow you to step behind the table, and you can cut your tie, check out the holster, make a decision, and the re-secure the gun with a new tie. The dealer would have to be in agreement.

nc19

Ok thanks, I'll give it a shot. I forgot about the fact that they may have blue guns to use to try on, so I wouldn't even need to bring mine.