S&B steel case,have you gotten any? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : S&B steel case,have you gotten any?

Wash-ar15
04-26-2011, 22:57
got a stern warning and ammo check from the indoor range i shoot at. They were checking for steel case S&B rounds.

never seen one yet. are they common?

Boxerglocker
04-26-2011, 23:30
I came across a few at Sam's a few weeks ago.

Luckily, I run a magnet over my brass as I sort it. You can get one of those 25 pound retrieving magnets from harbor Freight for $5.

shotgunred
04-27-2011, 04:56
A guy at my club got a bulk ordered of ammo he thought was a good deal. Nickel coated steel.:crying:

Camu Mahubah
04-27-2011, 04:58
They were checking for a steel bullet or case?

DoctaGlockta
04-27-2011, 05:20
One of the indoor ranges I visit gets their panties in a knot about steel cased ammo too. They told me that steel cased ammo was too powerful and wasn't safe to use :upeyes:

I reload the odd steel case so sometimes I still shoot them there. Some RO's don't care as they know I'll be picking them up and won't be contaminating their brass collections.

jmorris
04-27-2011, 06:28
The only ones I have found were 9mm. I use a magnet to get catch steel cases and was shocked when I noticed shiny brass (plated) cases stuck to it.

unclebob
04-27-2011, 07:03
I donít load S&B brass. At least try not to. The group that I shoot with has found a couple of 9mm with steel cases. We all have a magnet in the case feeder to snatch them up just in case a steel one should slip by.

Wash-ar15
04-27-2011, 07:26
They were checking for a steel bullet or case?

Both.

unclebob
04-27-2011, 07:57
Both.

Why would they care if you are shooting steel case rounds? Steel bullets yes, because that could cause damage to their traps. Just donít see their reasoning behind the steel case. Unless you are using their range guns? Or they reload what brass is left behind and donít want to deal with steel caseís? Just would be interesting to know what their reason is.

Wash-ar15
04-27-2011, 08:21
like many ranges,they sell the brass as scrap and any steel found,even if its one case, will automaticlly be given a lower rate.

mnhogrider
04-27-2011, 09:54
I see a fair amount of 9MM S&B steel cases w/brass coating. The range I shoot at doesn't care about steel/aluminum cases. The indoor range north of me does, and doesn't allow them.

I separate them out and throw them in the steel bin at work.

9MM S&B brass is low on my list as a brand to reload. Now .380, I'll take the time to bevel the primer pocket much like the way Remington cases look so the primer seats easier. I find their brass cases hold up real good.