Tru-Glo TFO sights [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Tru-Glo TFO sights

djeddiebear
04-26-2011, 23:29
I understand Tru-Glo has TFO sights in green front with a choice of green or yellow rear. Can someone point me in the right direction for comparable fiber optic sights? I kinda like red front, and green rear...

Also, how does TFO work? Is it a Fiber optic sight that uses tritium when it's completely pitch black?

Eddie

Glock22Balla
04-27-2011, 01:46
Also, how does TFO work? Is it a Fiber optic sight that uses tritium when it's completely pitch black?

Eddie

Yes. TFO=tritium/fiber optic depending on lighting conditions.

one73maro
04-27-2011, 09:21
I believe that they have a set with red front and green rear.

RayB
04-27-2011, 14:06
See this thread...

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1339462

You can usually arrange for a red front and green rear FO set up, if that's what you want... But that does run contrary to conventional wisdom... Still, it's your gun, man! :supergrin:

Yeah, the TFO's combine a tritium lamp with fiber optic rods. The FO rods pick up ambient light when there's enough of it, and they pick up the tritium lamp's light in darkened conditions.

--Ray

Skipper Bob
04-29-2011, 10:20
I have the green-green TFO set-up and on my G-17 . Very bright in day time and as good as any other night sight in the dark. For my older eyes (69) with bi-focals they present a very bright site picture in daytime! It`s almost like there were electric lights inside.

RayB
04-29-2011, 13:27
I have the green-green TFO set-up and on my G-17 . Very bright in day time and as good as any other night sight in the dark. For my older eyes (69) with bi-focals they present a very bright site picture in daytime! It`s almost like there were electric lights inside.

The SIG SAUER Equinox models us a green TFO front sight with a matte black, markerless rear sight, that also has green tritium lamps. It's a nice set up, as that green FO really pops in that black rear sight notch, and in low light you get the familiar three glowing dots. Pretty slick, if you ask me! ;)

Note: While the complaints have dried up as of late, early TFO's were fraught with defects ranging from poor workmanship to lamp failures. :eyebrow:

There is still only a 90-Day Warranty on the overall sights, and something like a Ten Year Warranty against complete lamp failure (the lamps are imported and distributed by Trijicon). Tru-Glo isn't real quick to trot out the details of their warranty on these sights. One wonders how they handle this with SIG? :dunno:

--Ray