Glock slide finish concerns [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock slide finish concerns

stihlhard
04-27-2011, 20:21
I have two different Glock models, both of which I've got in the last six months, and each of them has that dull matt finish. I'm concerned that they will not wear very well at all and am thinking about calling Glock to see if they will refinish them for me. I know other people w/ the same models that have a slick shinny finish that, not only looks better but also seems to be more durable. Any suggestions on this?

HotRoderX
04-27-2011, 20:27
I don't think it will happen it seems Glock changed there finish style. I have a Gen 4 with the older black style finish and a buddy has a Gen 3 with the Gray ash finish your talking about. It will wear a lot quicker he has had his gun about a month maybe 2 and has holstered un holstered it about 50 times and it has wear marks on it that are extremely noticeable. I think the only thing you can really do is send it off to a different company to have them refinish the slide. It does not affect the preformance of the gun at all.

stihlhard
04-27-2011, 20:34
Yea, I know it won't affect their performance its just that i know how well I take care of them and how much I use them - with another six months age on them I'm afraid their both gonna look terrible. Important NO, but it does bother me!

Doc Holliday
04-29-2011, 17:09
Send 'em to CCR for nickel plating.