Think its worth the money?? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Think its worth the money??

stihlhard
04-28-2011, 08:51
I will have pics posted later, but for now I'm looking at a BCM upper with 16" mid gas system, DD 9" omega rail, pinned front sight and a spikes tactical billet lower w/ magpul mags and pistol grip, mil spec col. but stock and LMT rear sight - can buy it for $1300 as a whole - what say you??

stihlhard
04-28-2011, 08:54
By the way, its worth mentioning that the upper is brand new and never beed fired, the lower, I was told, has only had about ten rounds through it just to make sure everything was correct w/ it. So the pair together is bassically a brand new rifle!

bullittmcqueen
04-28-2011, 08:57
A good rifle but that's a bit high for a used rifle. FYI, I built a rifle shockingly similar to that build ( except for a DD lower in place of Spikes) and I did it for a bit less. Offer him $1000 and see what happens.

boomhower
04-28-2011, 09:27
Depends on how bad you want a billet lower, that's what is driving the price up. Spikes sells them for $300 stripped. Even then I think it's a bit overpriced, it's pretty much what he paid for it. $800 for the upper, $300 for the lower, plus whatever stock and lower kit he used. I would see what he would take for the upper and build up my own lower.

FatBoy
04-28-2011, 11:08
Upper:
399for a standard Bravo middy
140 for a bravo auto BCG
25 for CH
120 for LMT tac rear sight
275 for omega
----
$959

Lower:

300 billet lower
65 Mil spec stock kit
60 LPK w/ MOE

----
$425

Total = $1384 add the price of a P MAG for $1400
Plus you would have to add shipping costs to order all the parts.

Also, do you trust the guy that cobbled this together?? It's not rocket science, but someone could WECSOG it together. Thus, don't expect any help from the manufactures(Bravo, Spikes) if it doesn't work.

You have gone over your $800 limit in your other thread.

I made some ASSumptions on the parts since you didn't list exact specs.

FB

ETA: I'd pass as I really don't care about the billet lower. If you want a billet lower, that's up to you. You can get a standard lower for about a $230 savings.

Clint-M
04-28-2011, 11:15
I'd say so. The upper alone would run you over $1000 with BCG and rear sight. If you don't want the billet lower for the price you can try and just buy the upper or buy it outright and sell the lower to me. ;-)

Got any pictures of it or is it a local sale?

EDITED IN: I'm assuming the upper was pieced together by Bravo and not Jim the garage gunny.

CM

Darkangel1846
04-29-2011, 11:49
By the way, its worth mentioning that the upper is brand new and never beed fired, the lower, I was told, has only had about ten rounds through it just to make sure everything was correct w/ it. So the pair together is bassically a brand new rifle!

How well do you trust this person? Unless you know them well I would look at any used weapon with a critical eye:wavey:

PS where in Iowa are you? I grew up in Waterloo.

stihlhard
04-29-2011, 13:06
How well do you trust this person? Unless you know them well I would look at any used weapon with a critical eye:wavey:

PS where in Iowa are you? I grew up in Waterloo.

i live about an hour south of Des Moines, IA

stihlhard
04-29-2011, 13:10
Sorry, still no pics, but I was wrong on the lower. It is not a billet, its a spikes tactical "infidel" ....

FatBoy
04-29-2011, 21:56
Sorry, still no pics, but I was wrong on the lower. It is not a billet, its a spikes tactical "infidel" ....

walk away....The regular lower is about $200 less than a billet lower.