RATS... Inflation hits home. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : RATS... Inflation hits home.

GioaJack
04-28-2011, 14:57
Got a letter and marketing flier from Kano Labs, (the makers of Kroil Oil) in the mail today. They advise that due to crude oil prices and the rise of ancillary goods and services, (trucking, shipping, etc.) their prices will be rising on June 1st.

I get a flier from them every six weeks or so and in their flier, and on their website they always ran a special of 2, 13 ounce spray cans of Kroil for $13 which included shipping. I took advantage of the special a couple of times.

This month the special didn't appear on the flier and it is no longer on the website. One can is now listed at $11 plus shipping and that's before the upcoming price increase.

Now I have to load more rounds just to guard my existing supply of Kroil... I know for a fact that Little Stevie failed to take advantage of the special... not a surprising lack of decisive action for a flatlander.

Kroil is good stuff, very good stuff.

Jack

labdwakin
04-28-2011, 15:18
Got a letter and marketing flier from Kano Labs, (the makers of Kroil Oil) in the mail today. They advise that due to crude oil prices and the rise of ancillary goods and services, (trucking, shipping, etc.) their prices will be rising on June 1st.

I get a flier from them every six weeks or so and in their flier, and on their website they always ran a special of 2, 13 ounce spray cans of Kroil for $13 which included shipping. I took advantage of the special a couple of times.

This month the special didn't appear on the flier and it is no longer on the website. One can is now listed at $11 plus shipping and that's before the upcoming price increase.

Now I have to load more rounds just to guard my existing supply of Kroil... I know for a fact that Little Stevie failed to take advantage of the special... not a surprising lack of decisive action for a flatlander.

Kroil is good stuff, very good stuff.

Jack

Crap... now I have to order from Midway two months in a row... you are a BAD influence, sir!

Zombie Steve
04-28-2011, 15:42
You're on the Kano Labs newsletter distribution list.

How many ex-wives total? :whistling:

labdwakin
04-28-2011, 15:44
You're on the Kano Labs newsletter distribution list.

How many ex-wives total? :whistling:

At least 50... he said just last week that he had one in every state... however... he didn't say JUST one in every state.:whistling:

Angry Fist
04-28-2011, 15:51
At least 50... he said just last week that he had one in every state... however... he didn't say JUST one in every state.:whistling:
Not to mention all this world travels.... :supergrin:

WiskyT
04-28-2011, 17:09
I have so much #9 and CLP people keep giving me (or dieing and leaving me) I can't imagine ever paying for a cleaning product. When I used to shoot while working at a place where we fueled our own trucks, I used to just scrub it with a toothbrush in some diesel fuel and pour the fuel into the truck.

I thought I had a handle on my excessive cleaning fluids when the OTIS rep stopped by the range and was stuffing samples of their lates CLP into our pockets. CLP is like zucchini. How much of that crap do you need to clean a gun anyway Jack?

Bob2223
04-28-2011, 17:17
I got the same flier today, glad I got a couple cans a few months ago.
My neighbor gets in the gallon cans, he has a PVC pipe that he fills with Kroil and soaks suppressors in.
He actually got me using Kroil.
Pretty good stuff I hate to see it double in price .

Bob

GioaJack
04-28-2011, 17:29
I have so much #9 and CLP people keep giving me (or dieing and leaving me) I can't imagine ever paying for a cleaning product. When I used to shoot while working at a place where we fueled our own trucks, I used to just scrub it with a toothbrush in some diesel fuel and pour the fuel into the truck.

I thought I had a handle on my excessive cleaning fluids when the OTIS rep stopped by the range and was stuffing samples of their lates CLP into our pockets. CLP is like zucchini. How much of that crap do you need to clean a gun anyway Jack?

For cleaning solvent I add about a third to the rest Butch's Bore Shine, end up being the best solvent I've ever used, by far.

Mostly I use it as a lube on the presses, cuts down the effort to operate the ram considerably... all the presses, doesn't matter which one. Works great on the Star sizers too, they glide like glass.

Have no idea what's in it but it's by far the best oil I've ever used. Works on a bunch of automotive stuff too.

Jack

EL_NinO619
04-28-2011, 18:53
Kroil oil is the best out there. To bad I have a endless supply from work, but I will have to sneak it out in a canteen or somin. Be real sad to lose a good job over gun oil, but its good stuff, and it smells great. I use kroil and jb paste on my barrels and it gives them a morror finish. Highly recomend..

Zombie Steve
04-28-2011, 18:58
Kroil oil is the best out there. To bad I have a endless supply from work, but I will have to sneak it out in a canteen or somin. Be real sad to lose a good job over gun oil, but its good stuff, and it smells great. I use kroil and jb paste on my barrels and it gives them a morror finish. Highly recomend..

You ever read the damn health warnings on Kroil? Are you nuts?

I like the kroil / jb combo too. :embarassed:

labdwakin
04-28-2011, 19:01
Somehow, I see security stopping Justin at the door on the way out and performing a cavity search to find balloons full of Kroil that have been swallowed and are hanging down his throat by a string with a hook to go around a molar made out of a straight pin.

Maybe...

It could happen!

EL_NinO619
04-28-2011, 20:52
Somehow, I see security stopping Justin at the door on the way out and performing a cavity search to find balloons full of Kroil that have been swallowed and are hanging down his throat by a string with a hook to go around a molar made out of a straight pin.

Maybe...

It could happen!

F ing A man, great plan. Shot now I have to make it to staples before they closr...

GioaJack
04-28-2011, 20:57
Hey, Justin, while you're at Staples, pick up some spellcheck software. :whistling: :couch:

Jack