Ardel Engineering lowers [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ardel Engineering lowers

LT1_MASTER
04-28-2011, 23:14
Hey black rifle lovers,

I have some credit at a local gun shop and am considering picking up a few of these stripped lowers and was wondering what the consensus was on them. The guys at the shop say they are good. I googled them and found some mixed reviews of them. Some have been saying they are good and others are saying don't use them but with no specific info. Does the GT EBR braintrust have any experience with them? I would be picking them up for $70 each FWIW. They appear to be well finished and have deep rollmarks and text which I like.

Any info is much appreciated.

ETA: Quick search on this subforum turned up nothing

Eurodriver
04-29-2011, 01:54
http://www.survivalistboards.com/showthread.php?t=125873

Lowers are a low-stress part. Forged, in spec lowers made by Colt will net you zero gain as opposed to using a Forged, in spec lower made by Ardel Engineering. That said, if your lower is not in spec (which could mean simply a .004" error, not visible to the eye) you will be in for a bad day.

Personally? I'd buy them. If all the parts fit in the lower correctly and it mates to the upper without issue that's really all you can ask for.

redbrd
04-30-2011, 11:04
Not 100% on this but the smith that built my M4, on an Ardel lower, said that the make Colt's lowers. Doesn't matter one way or another to me as long as it runs the way its supposed to.

LT1_MASTER
05-05-2011, 15:29
Thanks for the info folks, I picked up a few of them today and will follow up when I build one.

Thanks again!