Ha! Take that little stevie!!!! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ha! Take that little stevie!!!!

GioaJack
04-29-2011, 09:38
I just got an e-mail from Midway wishing me a Happy Birthday and offering me the largest discount in the history of mankind on my next order.

There is a caveat however, I must place my order prior to my actual birthday but that doesn't really present a problem. Why would I wait... I don't even buy green bananas and only spend a half hour watching 60 Minutes.

I found it a bit odd that they included a post script to their message, it read as follows;

Please do not inform Little Stevie of the generous birthday offer extended to you, we purposely do not send one to him because he's a slug flatlander.

I'm paraphrasing of course. :whistling:

Jack

Colorado4Wheel
04-29-2011, 09:40
You Bastard

PCJim
04-29-2011, 10:03
Jack, should you decide to further yank Stevie's panties and place a discounted order with Midway, how about shooting me a PM describing how well (or not) your shipped goods were packaged. Two different orders received in the last 7 days had damaged goods inside.

While Midway has already shipped replacement items, it was a bit disappointing. BUT, they did make good on the items and in making me comfortable with their solution. I'm just wondering if the discussions I had with their customer service rep ever got back to the shipping department.

labdwakin
04-29-2011, 12:12
Jack, should you decide to further yank Stevie's panties and place a discounted order with Midway, how about shooting me a PM describing how well (or not) your shipped goods were packaged. Two different orders received in the last 7 days had damaged goods inside.

While Midway has already shipped replacement items, it was a bit disappointing. BUT, they did make good on the items and in making me comfortable with their solution. I'm just wondering if the discussions I had with their customer service rep ever got back to the shipping department.

My shipment last week was fine... maybe the packing boy has a new girlfriend he's all moon-eyed over :)

casesensitive
04-29-2011, 13:00

While Midway has already shipped replacement items, it was a bit disappointing. BUT, they did make good on the items and in making me comfortable with their solution. I'm just wondering if the discussions I had with their customer service rep ever got back to the shipping department. Probably not. I bought a holster there . It was used quite a bit when it arrived. I called and complained. They were out of stock, so just sent the holster back. They put my request for a new one on B/O). 3 weeks later it was shipped. Wouldn't you know they sent me the same holster I had before. So they just stuck it back in Inventory. I called again. I was nice about it. Although I noticed about two weeks after I sent it back again. They had one in stock. I never did re-order it again.

MinervaDoe
04-29-2011, 13:07
I guess Midway is on to us luddites.

Discount .....
So, does this mean I have to tell them my birthday and check the box that says they can send me e-mail.

.... urg ....

Boxerglocker
04-29-2011, 14:01
I just got an e-mail from Midway wishing me a Happy Birthday and offering me the largest discount in the history of mankind on my next order.

Jack

WOW! It must be a percent from every year of age since birth, that must be a HUGE discount! :whistling:

GioaJack
04-29-2011, 14:55
Yup, the discount is gonna be pretty much equal tp what it's gonna cost you when you put a shot through that chronograph. :whistling:

Jack

atakawow
04-29-2011, 15:21
I'd double check, no, triple check your total when checking out. With your half blind vision, them 6's look awful lot like them 8's.

Boxerglocker
04-29-2011, 15:25
Yup, the discount is gonna be pretty much equal tp what it's gonna cost you when you put a shot through that chronograph. :whistling:

Jack

touche :poke:

BK63
04-29-2011, 17:45
:rofl: I mostly come here to see what Jack has to post today :supergrin:

Hogpauls
04-29-2011, 20:03
:rofl: I mostly come here to see what Jack has to post today :supergrin:

You stole my post. :rofl:

labdwakin
04-30-2011, 11:50

Jack

Tell the truth... they add a percent for every year til it gets to 75% off then start back the other way again to 10%, then they start all over again...

What Jack's not admitting is he's at the mid-point of his THIRD such cycle!:whistling:

Angry Fist
04-30-2011, 12:09
Anyone ever been to the Midway store, in Columbia?

MinervaDoe
04-30-2011, 15:57
Anyone ever been to the Midway store, in Columbia?
No, but I've been to the Bass Proshops store in Manteca. Imagine my surprise when I went in thinking that they only sold boats and fishing poles and I found endcaps with eight pound containers of Unique for sale. :wow:

Remember Lenny in "Of Mice and Men?"
Tell me about the rabbits George.
Tell me about the Midway store in Columbia.

Angry Fist
04-30-2011, 16:09
Never been there. Might take a trip up there sometime soon, only an hour and a half.

MinervaDoe
04-30-2011, 16:43
Never been there. Might take a trip up there sometime soon, only an hour and a half.
I'm drooling. :cool: