PSA Middy SS upper [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : PSA Middy SS upper

micdude
04-30-2011, 15:48
PSA just got these in looks good for the price. 429.95 + 15.00 shipping

Copied from PSA:

Barrel: 16" 416 stainless steel, 1:8 twist with the Wylde chamber, mid-length gas port, Recessed target crown and standard M4 feedramps. Barrels are finished off with a taper pinned, f-marked, front sight post, and A2 flash hider. The barrel is releived slightly under the handguards to reduce weight. The Wylde chamber was designed to be compatible with both 223 and NATO 5.56. This makes for a more versatile upper than a 5.56.
Bolt: Bolt is made of Mil-spec Carpenter 158 steel, shot-peened, MPI & HPT. Gas key is secured with grade 8 fasteners and staked per mil-spec. Bolt carrier is parkerized outside and chrome lined inside.

http://palmettostatearmory.com/2096.php

ColdBlooded
04-30-2011, 18:17
Dang. Where were these 2 months ago.

NeverMore1701
04-30-2011, 19:39
Sounds pretty decent for the money, would like to see some people run them through some classes and report back.

DirectDrive
04-30-2011, 20:09
On another board there is a question about the barrel extension having rifle cuts and the upper having M4 cuts.
I have seen the promotional pics and that's what it looks like....an undesirable condition at the feed ramps.

I would clarify that with PSA before purchase, although I'm sure that they are taking care of this.

Edit:
Sounds like the issue has been handled by PSA.
All is well.