Anyone use a MIC holster? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone use a MIC holster?

cjbramlett
04-30-2011, 19:34
I am looking into getting into one and was wondering if anyone else uses or has used one. Thanks

sharp
04-30-2011, 19:42
I am looking into getting into one and was wondering if anyone else uses or has used one. Thanks

Yes I have one, have used it and like it for some situations. Is it the most secure holster? No. But it's totally safe and it's minimalist design and application lend it to ultra deep cover concealment. Great if you like appendix carry. Huge upgrade if you're in the unsafe practice of Mexican carry with a round in the chamber.

jdsumner
04-30-2011, 19:44
Use a similar design called the Zak. For a quick trip, its great. On another forum, quite a few folks use them on nightstand guns, and in grabngo type bags.

dan

3rdCoastGlock
05-01-2011, 00:40
I have one and really enjoy it. It has its place for sure. Very good for certain applications and works exactly as described in the videos. For $20 it's worth it.

Bill Lumberg
05-01-2011, 06:16
Great for a nightstand or glovebox. Far from adequate for carrying a loaded gun on your person.

zigzagg321
05-01-2011, 06:47
Yep, glove box duty only. Thats all its good for basically.

3rdCoastGlock
05-01-2011, 16:14
I disagree. There are certain times where I use it on my person. It's very good for deep concealment. Everyone has an opinion about these things but it is definitely worth the investment. If you don't end up using it for edc you will still find plenty of use for it.

dorkweed
05-01-2011, 16:45
Even if you don't find "appendix carry" comfortable for you, it's works great for nightstand, glovebox, truck consule etc.!!! Unlike Bill suggests; for me, it's a great holster. I can mow the yard, clean the house, drive in states that I'm legal in, etc.!!!

That said; unlike what Bill says, IMHO, the guys that "poopoo" this little holster must have the "DickDoo"!!!!! In other words, you cannot have a beer belly for this holster to be comfortable. If your Belly Stick Out Farther Than Your Dick Do..........this little holster ain't for you!!!:tongueout::tongueout:

hikerpaddler
05-07-2011, 07:42
As previously noted, gut or no gut, they're suitable for a drawer, not your pants.

mc24
05-07-2011, 08:26
i just got one last week. it is exactly like it says, a great holster for deep concealment. i wore mine to church last week and it was very concealable. i just havent gotten over the fact that i have a gun pointed at my "goodies". but if you want something for deep concealment at a low cost, this is your product.

Bill Lumberg
05-07-2011, 09:17
Certain folks have been using inadequate carry methods for longer than I've been around. Foolish, yes, but it's not like they're an instant death sentence. Anyone who settles for one of these is still unlikely to hurt anyone but themselves, so more power to them. Enjoy your purchase.

ADK_40GLKr
05-07-2011, 10:15
I just HAD to look it up. Neat idea! Maybe in a pinch??

MIC - http://buddhawest.com/mic.php (Advisory: a little Illinois politics thrown in.)

ZACK - http://www.onesourcetactical.com/zackconcealmentholster.aspx

vafish
07-25-2011, 18:36
I have one, use it occasionally when I need a tucked in shirt.

Works quite well.

Pierre!
07-25-2011, 19:10
check out the Vanguard Trigger Guard Holster (http://www.themalabarfront.com/product_info.php?products_id=1617)

The nice part is when your lanyard breaks or comes loose you have a neat way to pop that Trigger Guard Holster off the pistol with one hand.

Pretty sure it was the first of this design, and I prefer it for my use. Have one for the S&W Snubbie and the Keltec P3AT and these holsters are great!

HTH