Saturday Evening.... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Evening....

labdwakin
04-30-2011, 19:52
So, here I sit, cold Shiner Bock in hand and dogs separated and eating in 2 different rooms (The 180 lb Anatolian Shepherd keeps taking the border collie's food from him if they eat in the same room.).

I have to say, it's been a good weekend. All of my brass is now separated into respective containers. 30-06, 223, and 45 ACP are all in 6 gallon trash cans pending tumbling. 45 Colt, 30 Carbine, 38 Special, 243, 30-30, and 7mm Rem Mag are all in coffee containers of their own of either the plastic or metal variety. And my meager supplies of 357 Mag, 220 Swift (Thank you once again, N2extrm!), and 300 Savage are in their respective little Ziploc tubs.

This is the first time all my brass has been properly sorted and stored since I moved back to Arkansas in September. Not because I didn't want it to be the way it should be, but because I couldn't get my back to cooperate with me in getting it done.

I still have to get my Shelves built (1x12 oak), casting bench mounted, and my 550 bolted to the bench.I also still need to get my reloading room (appropriated storage room in my dad's barn for now) finished to the point that unnecessary dust isn't accumulating in my Man-Cave, but that will come in the next couple of weeks I think. It'd already be done if I could do it myself instead of having to pay someone else to do it while I drink beer and watch.

Anyhow... I'm beat... going to go watch old episodes of "Have Gun Will Travel" on Netflix and nurse my beer.

:supergrin:

n2extrm
04-30-2011, 20:33
I am in awe. I have been saying for almost 2 years I am gonna get my stuff all in order. I came close once when I bought the 650 last year and rebuilt the bench But never have I ever had all my brass sorted!

I am seriously jealous.

Boxerglocker
04-30-2011, 20:46
I am in awe. I have been saying for almost 2 years I am gonna get my stuff all in order. I came close once when I bought the 650 last year and rebuilt the bench But never have I ever had all my brass sorted!

I am seriously jealous.

I made it easy for myself, consolidating to 9mm and .223

I sort the spoils I retrieve off the ground after ever range trip with shell sorters. The 9mm/.380 goes into one bucket another for .223/5.56.... everything else goes into a cornucopia bucket that stays untouched till full. When it gets full, I sort it and sell/make trades with what I have collected. That has happened twice this year so far. Gotta love free brass :supergrin:

labdwakin
04-30-2011, 20:49

I am seriously jealous.

Actually... there is a catch-all bucket that has a mixture of about 15 or 20 different calibers that I don't load for... I call it the Everything Can :supergrin:

norton
05-01-2011, 07:32
Actually... there is a catch-all bucket that has a mixture of about 15 or 20 different calibers that I don't load for... I call it the Everything Can :supergrin:

lab, about the time I think I have all my brass sorted I find another batch somewhere in the house-usually in my garage, basement or my reloading room. I find brass inside Snawsomes dog treat containers. My Collie loves those things, and the container has a snap lid, just right to hold empty brass.

n2extrm
05-01-2011, 07:37

I keep finding a gallon zip-lock bag with brass. I sort it then next thing I know I find it again. Starting to wonder if the wife is refilling the same bag to keep out of her hair? :dunno: