G 27 Question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : G 27 Question

MYT1
05-01-2011, 11:07
I rented a G 27 at a range. I had several rounds fail to feed. The range master said it was because I had limp wrists. I believe this since some of the failures, but not all, occured when I was shooting with my opposite hand only, no support hand. I also heard range ammo, the stuff you buy when you rent the gun, isn't all that powerful and can cause failure to feeds as well.

Can a modification be made to the ramp, such as polishing it, to help the bullets feed better?

Also, I'm thinking of getting a Sliderlock on my gun. I want one not because I'm afraid I will shoot the gun by mistake, but because I don't want someone to muscle the gun away from me and then shoot me with my own gun. I have heard safeties, particularly ones that aren't all that obvious,are good for preventing that. I have heard of police officiers whose lives were saved because they had their safeties on. What are your thoughts?

Thanks so much.

JR
05-22-2011, 21:27
New shooters are often guilty of limp wristing. The issue is that the 40 develops a lot of energy and you have to be really limp to cause a failure here. A little practice on your side and you should never see this problem again.
Yes a safety could buy you some time or stop a shooting if somebody was to snatch your gun away. If this happens I have to tell you, your tactics suck. I can see somebody planning to jump a cop but lets face it.... you are carrying concealed. If you pull the gun.... everybody should be surprised! If the BG takes your gun...... your tactics suck. I dont think an additional safety, in this case, will make any difference at all?