Shorty calibers bouncing off the LnL shuttle? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Shorty calibers bouncing off the LnL shuttle?

PsychoKnight
05-01-2011, 18:30
This case drop shroud isn't needed for every LnL user; just those loading the shorty rounds; 45gap, 9mm, 380, (I hope nobody here is mass reloading 25acp!).

5/8" inner dia. silicone tubing.
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b143/PsychoKnight1/LnLcasedropshroud.jpg

Vinyl also works, but probably need to use a hair dryer or heat gun to make it pliable enough.

Search 5/8" ID silicone tubing if you want to locate.

Bob2223
05-01-2011, 18:53
http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b376/BobMKIII/100_3092.jpg

buyobuyo
05-01-2011, 19:29
I just got done loading 850+ rounds of 9mm spread across yesterday and today. This was my first big loading session with my LNL. I noticed that the majority of the cases that fell off the slide either loaded in the feed tube upside down or my rhythm was off (running too fast or jerky).

My big annoyances were the occasional jam above the cut-off switch from a case falling sideways, cases complete missing the feed shoot, and dumping in too many cases when reloading the feeder causing the feed wheel to stop spinning.

Bob2223
05-01-2011, 19:39
I just got done loading 850+ rounds of 9mm spread across yesterday and today. This was my first big loading session with my LNL. I noticed that the majority of the cases that fell off the slide either loaded in the feed tube upside down or my rhythm was off (running too fast or jerky).

My big annoyances were the occasional jam above the cut-off switch from a case falling sideways, cases complete missing the feed shoot, and dumping in too many cases when reloading the feeder causing the feed wheel to stop spinning.

Is the opening on the case feeder bowl lined up with the clear Vee shaped cover?

The case feeder plate has a clutch to keep a jam from breaking anything if it's too loose tighten the two allen bolts on the case feeder plate a little , don't over tighten .

Bob

Colorado4Wheel
05-01-2011, 19:53
This fills up some space in the chute to keep them from having room to flip

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r215/98sr20ve/DSC_3495.jpg

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r215/98sr20ve/DSC_3492.jpg

There is also a chance that you bowl is not lined up properly with the chute. Cases sometimes come out and hit the side of the chute rather then fall into the chute. They can then flip. Take a look at my first picture and imagine the hole in the bowl being about 1/4" inch or more to the right.

PsychoKnight
05-01-2011, 19:55

I stopped getting sideway-jams after I completely removed the drop window regulator. Remove the entire folded sheet metal sliding assembly from the opening and give it a go.

Colorado4Wheel
05-01-2011, 19:58
You can even see in my picture how the bolt no longer lines up with the window to allow you to adjust the metal adjuster.

buyobuyo
05-01-2011, 20:16
There is also a chance that you bowl is not lined up properly with the chute. Cases sometimes come out and hit the side of the chute rather then fall into the chute. They can then flip. Take a look at my first picture and imagine the hole in the bowl being about 1/4" inch or more to the right.

Just took a look at my case feeder and the opening is 3/16" to the right of the feed shoot.

Colorado4Wheel
05-01-2011, 20:26
If you separate the bowl from the motor you can oblong the holes and get it to line up like mine. Once again, I am not the only one to have these supposed non-existent issues.

With these mods I got the case feeder 1000% until the cases wouldn't go into the shell plate. That I couldn't fix to my satisfaction.

buyobuyo
05-01-2011, 20:28
Cool. Thanks for the tip. Did aligning the bowl eliminate the cases missing the feed chute?

Colorado4Wheel
05-01-2011, 21:03
Cool. Thanks for the tip. Did aligning the bowl eliminate the cases missing the feed chute?

Yes. My plastic thing also takes up some space in the chute. Combined it was 100% after that. I still have the plastic thing if you need it.

buyobuyo
05-01-2011, 21:15
I'll try just aligning the window/chute first. I'm sure I can find some scrap at work to make a chute extension if needed.