Any Air Marshals on the forum? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Any Air Marshals on the forum?

msu_grad_121
05-05-2011, 22:29
I've asked this before, but apparently the hackers got that thread, so here goes again...

I got a "conditional offer" from the FAMS yesterday (I know it's only the first step in the process), and have a few questions about some of the ins-and-outs of the process. I'm hoping if there are any Air Marshals on the forums, I might bug some of you to PM so I can pick your brains?

Any help would be really appreciated! Thanks!

:wavey:

Sundown
05-06-2011, 00:31
I received my offer yesterday as well, good luck to ya.

msu_grad_121
05-06-2011, 10:42
I received my offer yesterday as well, good luck to ya.

Good luck to both of us!

Medic3166
05-06-2011, 12:44
I got the COE too. I'm still on the fence about doing it or not, mainly because of the amount of time I'd be away from home.

With the way Cops are getting laid off around here, the Rice Bill, and NJ suspending the alternate route program (self-sponsored academy) it's next to impossible to get an entry-level LEO job nowadays however.

DaBigBR
05-06-2011, 14:25
There is at least one FAM on here. The reason that he has not posted is likely due to the schedule. We chatted via PM a week or two ago and it sounded like he had been busy. I have a coworker whose brother is a FAM and he also reports long stretches away from home.

msu_grad_121
05-06-2011, 15:32
Yeah, it's not the most pressing thing, seeing as I just accepted the offer today, and I know how long they can take, but I'd really like to talk to someone that's been through the process about some things, seeing as no other LEO position seems to be working out for me... :steamed:

rdrkt
05-06-2011, 16:28
There is a giant thread on officer.com that will answer all of your questions several times over.

msu_grad_121
05-06-2011, 17:22
Rock on, rdrkt, I'll check it out. Well, assuming I can get into the site. I was having problems a while ago, but I'm sure that's all been fixed. Thanks!

jayzazueta
05-11-2011, 22:17
Got an offer too. But mine is to take the test. So I go take it on the 26th.....any good tips for the Fams battery?