Body Armor [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Body Armor

Captain Caveman
05-06-2011, 09:00
Hey guys...

I was issued a Protective Products Python vest. Do any of y'all have any experience using their products? Looked at their website, but as usual it just blows their own horn. And I can't find anything other than the USMC using the outer tactical vests now.

Thanks and be safe!

Arvinator
05-06-2011, 19:15
Had one issued in 1994. It was a fair vest. Beats fruit of the looms only!

Morris
05-06-2011, 20:54
As I recall, PP came out or evolved after the spin out of Second Chance after the Zylon Wars. One of several start-ups post war. Generally well received but a small niche as Safariland et al have the state bid around here.

Bill Lumberg
05-08-2011, 08:38
Never heard of them, but you are fortunate nonetheless. Few security guards are issued vests. Of course, few need them.

jnc36rcpd
10-09-2011, 03:11
Can anyone else weigh in on Protective Products? Comfort, coverage, customer service? They are offering a pretty decent price and we're pretty fed up with our current distributor. Thanks.

buddah
10-09-2011, 09:31
PPE vest is a great vest. I bought one with personal funds, a python level 2 model. My agency issues First choice armor. My issued vest has had a mold issue and they refuse to replace it. I am very happy with the vest and it is comfortable. After a month one of carriers came apart and they promptly mailed me a replacement. A good friend of mine is one of their biggest dealers.
He has you tube video of the PPE vest and speed plates being shot. Go to his webpage: www.ATT-Tactical.com and hit the you tube link.
PPE vest is used by Amtrack Police, NYC Probation Dept., and a few other departments in NY, NJ, CT.