357 Sig [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 357 Sig

OmegaRunner
05-08-2011, 00:50
Mr. Ayoob,

When I am at home, I usually carry a Glock 26. I had a Glock 19 that I really liked, but my wife has claimed that one now. I want to pick up another 17 or 19-sized Glock when I get home from Afghanistan later this year.

I have been considering a Glock 31 or 32. What are your thoughts on the .357 SIG caliber? I have read some opinions that it is not much better than +P+ 9mm. If that is the case, I would be better off stick with another 9mm.

v/r

Mas Ayoob
05-08-2011, 01:16
First, thank you for your service.

Gotta tell ya, I really like the .357 SIG round, not just for its power but for its inherent accuracy and flat trajectory. I find myself more likely to carry the G31 around home, and the G17 on the road (9mm ammo being so much cheaper and more readily available in more places).

With the Glock in .357 SIG, you can get a 9mm conversion kit for practice, etc., but the reverse won't be true. So, since you have a couple of 9mm Glocks in the house already, my own inclination as to the G32 or G31 would be, "go for it!"

best,
mas

OmegaRunner
05-08-2011, 03:42
Thanks Mas. I had not even considered a 9mm conversion barrel. With a G32 I would not even have to buy magazines, since we already have plenty of mags for the G19. I also like the fact that I can use my current holsters.

Plus, when my wife asks why I need to buy another Glock I can tell her that Mas Ayoob said to "go for it!"