G23 [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : G23

GTwentyThree
05-08-2011, 14:59
So seeing there's a G35 thread lets see if we can support a G23 thread.

I just picked my used LE G23 (but new to me) last week and am enjoying it very much!!!!

Poohgyrr
05-08-2011, 18:09
Absolutely! My personal favorite. Great combination of reliability, accuracy, power (for handgun), and handiness. The Gen 3's add convertibility to other rounds and that just makes this pistol better.

greenlion
05-14-2011, 11:28
I think the most common complaint about .40 caliber pistols is caused by what people feed them. The original 180gr bullet going 950-980fps has very little of the snappy twisty characteristic that people complain about. The lower velocity 165 grain and 155 grain bullets are very similar.

The only problem is the one-upmanship advertising campaigns and too much testosterone. We tend to think faster is ALWAYS better, and so if buyers see two boxes of bullets on the shelf, one labeled 180gr @ 950fps, and another labeled 180gr @ 1100fps, they will take the latter. Then the manufacturers begin their quest to make their load faster to sell more, and pretty soon everyone is whining about the .40 being snappy.

Loading the .40 correctly will not only be very effective, but the muzzle rise and sight tracking can actually be better than it is with many 9mm loads. If the SAAMI pressure limit for .40 had been set a bit lower in the beginning, people wouldn't be trying to turn it into a 10mm and then whining that it is too snappy to be happy with.

Viva-la-40

smddb
05-16-2011, 05:32
I had a G23 generation 3 and I loved it so much that I bought a Generation 4 two days ago. I went to my LGS and was just looking around and I held a gen 4, so I had to rent one and see if there was something to the new Gen4 and I was really shocked ! I loved it and after I shot 30 rounds through the rented gun I went back into the store and immediately bought one.

vaquero aleman
05-24-2011, 14:29
I recently owned a Sig 239, in black, in 357sig, which I purchased for around $450. I also installed hogue wrap around grips on the Sig which transformed the feel of the pistol. I really liked the Sig. But having 7 rounds in the mag just kept eating at me. I had just, through this web site, sold a G20 so I was used to having 15 in the mag. I finally decided to trade the P239 for a brand new gen 3 G23 for which I purchased two G22 mags. I did really like the 239 but I'll take the higher capacity, because I am not LE and I don't have a clue how I will react to a self defense scenario! But having more rounds than 7 makes me feel better about the whole thing! Not to mention, Glock has earned its reputation for being dependable. And so has the S&W 40.

DonGlock26
06-14-2011, 16:10
My G-23 is my HD/jacket weather pistol. It' a great mix of good attributes in a defensive handgun.

10head
06-19-2011, 19:59
like mine just wish i had a 100rd drum so i didn't have to load so many mags :wavey:

michael e
06-19-2011, 20:01
My first Glock was a 23 over 10 years ago, she was the start of the addiction, over 10k rounds there her. Still have but sees very little carry time, gets range time about 1x a month still.

Jeager106
06-25-2011, 22:14
My G-23 is my go anywhere anytime carry weapon.
Mine has adj sights, 3.5 pound trigger, extended slide relase.
If I must carry a smaller .40 I carry my G-27, special finish on slide, all plastic parts replaced with s.s., night sights, 3.5 # trigger, extended slide release.
It shoots 180's inside 2 inches benched; it shoots quite well off hand also.
Both are fantastic guns for the money.
Someone put serious bucks into the G-27 before I got it.
The original owner bought the gun new, then dropped $350 into inside works and the different silver coating on the slide, then added night sights.
I did the trigger and mag release.
I figure there is over $850.00 invested in that little gun and it's my keeper fo sure.

S. Kelly
07-01-2011, 23:25
My personal G23 3rd gen has Tru Dot sights, G22 trigger bar, NY1 trigger spring and lots of carry wear. It came that way and I've added a bit myself. It's a great gun and compliments my issued G23.

ShaneS
07-08-2011, 09:52
I bought a barely used 3rd Gen G23c about six weeks ago. I've put about 200 rounds through it with no issues whatsoever.

I've been shooting 9mm for a long time, so it took awhile for me to get used to the .40 S&W recoil and blast. I shoot it well now. It is surprisingly accurate and completely reliable. Fits me perfectly.

I bought a non-comp factory barrel for carry because I don't care for the comp feature. I wish I had bought a plain 23 although the slits in the slide look very cool. The blast and noise from the compensation would be strong if you had to shoot with the pistol close to your body.

I'm very pleased with it. So much so that the G22 is getting less range time these days.

Deputydave
09-01-2011, 09:44
A Gen3 is now my off-duty carry. The G19 is now the HD.