Another bad egg that makes the rest of us look bad [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Another bad egg that makes the rest of us look bad

mrsurfboard
05-08-2011, 20:21
http://www.nj.com/news/index.ssf/2011/05/off-duty_nj_state_police_offic.html

And you wonder why everyone hates us. Cover up from moment one. Wonder how many heads will roll on this one.

Detectorist
05-08-2011, 20:38
Wow. Amazing

Fireplug
05-08-2011, 22:12
POS, including all envolved in the cover up.

CAcop
05-08-2011, 22:26
What a mess. I can see using the fake ID if he was actively UC and needed to protect his cover. The brass can then quietly go to the other party and their insurance company and write a check (if at fault, sounds like he was).

Since he was OD it has to be his real name.

bccop
05-08-2011, 22:35
I don't think they could have handled this more poorly than they did.

On second thought, one of the investigators could have banged Tanksley's girlfriend/wife while he was in the hospital and gotten her pregnant. That would make this Cluster F##k even worse.

Deployment Solu
05-09-2011, 04:28
What a cluster!!!! What happened to Integrity???

Defender77
05-09-2011, 05:29
The first tip-off that something wasn't right was that they probably never ran the name of the driver who hit the other vehicle for a warant, criminal history check over the radio.

Anyone listening to the radio, who wasn't actually sent to the scene should have already been wondering why a rap-warrant check wasn't being done.

ricklee4570
05-09-2011, 06:06
I don't think they could have handled this more poorly than they did.

On second thought, one of the investigators could have banged Tanksley's girlfriend/wife while he was in the hospital and gotten her pregnant. That would make this Cluster F##k even worse.

Hilarious!

Looks like another department has some serious PR problems.

RustyShackelford
05-09-2011, 06:12
Police officers should be held to a higher example (and more severe penalties, when wrong-doing occurs) than the general public.

/my 2

ricklee4570
05-09-2011, 06:14
Police officers should be held to a higher example (and more severe penalties, when wrong-doing occurs) than the general public.

/my 2

I agree.

They hold members of the military to a higher standard, so should police officers.

I think most police officers would agree to that as well.

Patchman
05-09-2011, 06:38

/my 2

I don't think NJSP are allowed to own personal Class III weapons. :whistling:

Patchman
05-09-2011, 06:42
I agree.

They hold members of the military to a higher standard, so should police officers.

I think most police officers would agree to that as well.

I agree also. But let's show them the money too.

Dragoon44
05-09-2011, 07:47
So the troopers that responded tot he accident knowingly put false information on the accident report?

:faint:

Hack
05-09-2011, 18:50
Not a good move. But, I will wait until the whole thing washes out. Maybe we will see the results later.

BackDraft
05-09-2011, 20:16
Most likely one or two heads might roll but it would surprise me if anything gets done about this. In NJ the NJSP walk on water in their own minds. Nuf said

4949shooter
05-09-2011, 20:39
Yeah the NJSP are legends in their own minds.

This is the first I have heard of this incident. And I don't know this guy Billingham.

I can't comment on NJSP policy regarding undecover officers and vehicles having been involved in motor vehicle accidents. Though some here may have an idea on how these incidents are handled. What I can tell you, is that if our internal affairs bureau is handling this, there will be disciplinary action if there was wrongdoing.

And don't think for a minute the NJSP top brass knew of some kind of "coverup" and did nothing about it. The idea that these guys would throw their careers and pensions away over some intoxicated sergeant having been involved in a motor vehicle accident makes no sense at all.

mikegun
05-09-2011, 23:49
So the troopers that responded tot he accident knowingly put false information on the accident report?

:faint:

...and damn near pulled it off, but alas....:upeyes: someone called the rat squad...

Patchman
05-11-2011, 20:06
This reminds me of an incident I had with about 1 year as a LEO. There I was, sitting around for that next OC gun call when some irate person bangs on my window and says another car backed up into his car. We get there and sure enough, a silver car did back up into this person's car. The driver of the silver car came out, admitted it was his mistake, etc....

The passenger of the silver car also came out and pulled me aside. IDed himself as a supervisor and said the car was fictitious, the driver's DL was fictitious, and they were there doing whatever.

The supervisor also understood I had to do an accident report or the other guy would get really, really suspicious. Let's just say I took this opportunity to hit the fictitious driver with so many tickets that later, (according to my Lieutenant) when the supervisor came to the police station to pick up the accident report, his jaw dropped.

When my Lieutenant next saw me, he just laughed.

And no, I never went to court for those tickets.

Ajon412
05-11-2011, 20:34
This reminds me of an incident I had with about 1 year as a LEO. There I was, sitting around for that next OC gun call when some irate person bangs on my window and says another car backed up into his car. We get there and sure enough, a silver car did back up into this person's car. The driver of the silver car came out, admitted it was his mistake, etc....

The passenger of the silver car also came out and pulled me aside. IDed himself as a supervisor and said the car was fictitious, the driver's DL was fictitious, and they were there doing whatever.

The supervisor also understood I had to do an accident report or the other guy would get really, really suspicious. Let's just say I took this opportunity to hit the fictitious driver with so many tickets that later, (according to my Lieutenant) when the supervisor came to the police station to pick up the accident report, his jaw dropped.

When my Lieutenant next saw me, he just laughed.

And no, I never went to court for those tickets.

Handled like a true professional.....:rofl: