*Video* Can't Believe This Monster Travels On The Streets! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : *Video* Can't Believe This Monster Travels On The Streets!

ULVER
05-10-2011, 18:10
Sharp turns must be hell! :shocked:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=a92_1304726601

jakebrake
05-10-2011, 18:31
what are the tractors for? they aren't connected to that beast. i'm guessing that's how it turns

Pepper45
05-10-2011, 19:26
They were connected with straps and push bars. 1.9 million pounds is a hell of a lot of weight, they need all the power they can get.

NC Bullseye
05-10-2011, 20:30
Avoid the toll booths that charge per axle!

Kadetklapp
05-11-2011, 07:15
I think it's amazing that they chose to drive that thing over asphalt roads rather than move it by rail. Would have been a lot cheaper to move it by rail. Surely the place it is going and where it came from are industrial enough to have rail access...

CJStudent
05-11-2011, 11:20
I think it's amazing that they chose to drive that thing over asphalt roads rather than move it by rail. Would have been a lot cheaper to move it by rail. Surely the place it is going and where it came from are industrial enough to have rail access...

But would it be able to fit in a rail car and fit the space of the right-of-ways?

Kadetklapp
05-11-2011, 13:29
But would it be able to fit in a rail car and fit the space of the right-of-ways?

Sure you can.

When one of our southern Indiana coal mines closed down, they moved the dragline's massive buckets via Indiana Rail Road from it's old home to the new mine 30 miles away (the dragline "Old Glory" walked her big ass down there herself, only took two weeks). They did it at a walking pace and had to have crews remove signals and other ROW equipment by hand.

Pictures here!
http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/archiveThumbs.aspx?id=58223

I love choo choos :supergrin:

Hack
05-11-2011, 21:59
Sure you can.

When one of our southern Indiana coal mines closed down, they moved the dragline's massive buckets via Indiana Rail Road from it's old home to the new mine 30 miles away (the dragline "Old Glory" walked her big ass down there herself, only took two weeks). They did it at a walking pace and had to have crews remove signals and other ROW equipment by hand.

Pictures here!
http://www.rrpicturearchives.net/archiveThumbs.aspx?id=58223

I love choo choos :supergrin:

Yeah trains are al right. I grew up with the rail road, via my grandfather. He worked Missouri Pacific back in the day, then when they merged with Union Pacific he continued his career with them until retirement. If they would have had openings back when I got out of high school I would have gone in as an apprentice or labourer of some sort.

I have driven truck for a little bit. They both have their advantages. I think the best thing is a system that uses a combination of both, shipping long distance by rail and deliver things to the local communities by truck.

Morris
05-12-2011, 10:29
Impressive that the roadbed held up. Around here, with all the potholes and cracks already in the roadway, it would have blow 15 tires, trailer shifted sideways and the DOT pointing fingers at the haulers.