He was trying to turn his life around [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : He was trying to turn his life around

trdvet
05-11-2011, 00:38
The first sentence of the news story too.

State Trooper notices two young males (13 & 14) driving a car at 1am in the morning (hmmmm). Apparently the car ran a red light and also had no license plate light. Driver doesn't stop and leads the Trooper on a chase which ultimately led to the driver who ran being killed after he struck a telephone pole at a 100mph. Oh and the car he used was his grandmother's vehicle, which he stole. But he was trying to turn his life around, even started going to church.

News story (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/metropolitan/7559445.html)

Streetking
05-11-2011, 00:57
Hmmmm is right. I question if the high speed pursuits are worth the usual results.

MeefZah
05-11-2011, 02:30
Hmmmm is right. I question if fleeing from the police is worth the usual results.

Better.

I mean, you're still a fool, but this is a little better.

Patchman
05-11-2011, 03:52
I question if fleeing at high speeds is worth the usual results.

If only results such as this are the 'usual.' :crying:

txleapd
05-11-2011, 05:01
Hmmmm is right. I question if the high speed pursuits are worth the usual results.

The USUAL result of a "high speed" pursuit is that the suspect goes to jail. Suspects killing people (themselves included) are very rare compared to the number of pursuits that occur in this nation on a daily basis.

Kadetklapp
05-11-2011, 07:10

You sure you belong on a gun board? Because you sound like a bleeding heart liberal p***y to me. Just sayin. :whistling:

razdog76
05-11-2011, 07:29
I question why society tolerates people doing this by placing the responsibility of some ****head's actions on us, and why none of the cars I have ever pursued had a driver with a valid license.:dunno:

Patchman
05-11-2011, 07:46
The USUAL result of a "high speed" pursuit is that the suspect goes to jail. Suspects killing people (themselves included) are very rare compared to the number of pursuits that occur in this nation on a daily basis.

And I question the judgement and values of those in this nation who tolerate, condone and even encourage others to flee in cars at high rates of speed. Stop believing and imitating the Cannon Ball Run.

Just saying. :dunno:

cowboywannabe
05-11-2011, 07:53
and to think, all the suspect had to do was stop like the cops were trying to get him to do. of course had he not broken several laws before he broke the law yet again by fleeing....none of this would have happened.

and yes, it is typical for democrats to blame somebody else for the action of a criminal and not hold the criminal responsible for what they were in sole charge of.

CAcop
05-11-2011, 10:37
Pursuits are all unique due to time and place. We could justify a 100mph pursuit on the freeway in the middle of the night. Our downtown area would be a real bad place to continue pursuing except between 3 and 4 in the morning on Monday.

If the bad guy crashes it is his fault. If we crash because we are trying to keep up in this day and age good luck with trying to blame it on the bad guy.

Panzergrenadier1979
05-11-2011, 13:00

Do you really have to post here? I know, it's an open forum blah blah blah blah..... So I'll ask again, do you really have to post here?

TBO
05-11-2011, 14:30
Streetking,

Do you like to drive fast?

RocPO
05-11-2011, 15:08

I question why people flee at high speeds, causing us to have to pursue them.

Rohniss
05-11-2011, 16:24
Sounds like a good ending to me.

All cops went home, the general public wasn't hurt, and a little piece of trash was removed from the gene pool, prior to it reproducing or expanding its criminal career...

Stupidity is too often rewarded.

Patchman
05-11-2011, 17:03
a little piece of trash was removed from the gene pool, prior to it reproducing...

On was 13 y.o., the other 14y.o. Removed prior to reporducing is not a certainty... :whistling:

CJStudent
05-11-2011, 17:16
Looks like he missed the turn to me. :dunno:

Morris
05-11-2011, 19:09
I see Darwin came to visit.

Hack
05-11-2011, 21:14
Well, there was no need to run anyway. They only die tired when that happens.

Street King is perhaps in need of being excoriated, what?

razdog76
05-11-2011, 21:55
Now, now, there is always the chance, that Streetking meant something along the lines of he did not understand why the DB flees, when the usual result is they are caught, and go to jail.:tbo:

Streetking
05-12-2011, 01:37
Do you really have to post here? I know, it's an open forum blah blah blah blah..... So I'll ask again, do you really have to post here?

Well of course I do. Like you said it's open to all. Get ahold of yourself. You seem weak minded.

Streetking
05-12-2011, 01:45
Well of course I do. Like you said it's open to all. Get ahold of yourself. You seem weak minded.
Perhaps that's why the pursuits are prohibited by three of the major agencies in this part of my state. One of local "heros" took out the Cheerleading squad of a high school not too long ago.

Streetking
05-12-2011, 01:50
You sure you belong on a gun board? Because you sound like a bleeding heart liberal p***y to me. Just sayin. :whistling:

And you seem not to appreciate a difference of opinion. Your hateful and ignorant remarks lead me to conclude you must be some kind of Nazi.

TreverSlyFox
05-12-2011, 02:06
Perhaps that's why the pursuits are prohibited by three of the major agencies in this part of my state. One of local "heros" took out the Cheerleading squad of a high school not too long ago.

Ya'll just had to be from Missouri, didn't ya. :whistling:

If you actually looked you'd probably find those departments decided they didn't want to spend the money for additional pursuit training and go to a more ridged pursuit policy that many departments have gone to.

Just banning pursuits is the cheap way out and tells everyone if you run we let you go. Actually sitting down and devising a good, well thought out and funded pursuit policy, is a lot harder.

CAcop
05-12-2011, 02:26
Did somebody forget to take their meds?

Streetking
05-12-2011, 02:30
Ya'll just had to be from Missouri, didn't ya. :whistling:

If you actually looked you'd probably find those departments decided they didn't want to spend the money for additional pursuit training and go to a more ridged pursuit policy that many departments have gone to.

Just banning pursuits is the cheap way out and tells everyone if you run we let you go. Actually sitting down and devising a good, well thought out and funded pursuit policy, is a lot harder.

No, you're wrong. After the Depts had the Hell sued out of them, they decided to drop the macho and bravado and pick up the offender at a more opportunistic time.

razdog76
05-12-2011, 07:38
No, you're wrong. After the Depts had the Hell sued out of them, they decided to drop the macho and bravado and pick up the offender at a more opportunistic time.

If you can identify them. The "cities" you speak of may have readily available air support. Outside of that, if the department does not make pursuit termination training a priority, it becomes very difficult to decide when to end a pursuit in the field.

As far as getting the hell sued out of them, that is the norm. An in custody suicide in the jail has a lawsuit with an average $8 million dollar price tag.

It is a rare department that actually takes it to trial, rather than settle it because it will end up costing more to feed the attorneys regardless if they win or not.

Panzergrenadier1979
05-12-2011, 07:44

Awwwww! That's the second time you've called me weak minded.... I'm blushing!

:supergrin::wavey::tongueout:

Now back to business. Do you really have to post here?

TBO
05-12-2011, 09:26
Gee, it skipped over replying to my question...

razdog76
05-12-2011, 09:36
Gee, it skipped over replying to my question...

Somehow, it has been distracted by Panzergrenadier1979.

TBO
05-12-2011, 09:41
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noKVrNK2VKM

DaBigBR
05-12-2011, 09:48
Streetking,

You seem to be mixing it up with the regulars in several threads recently. I would suggest that you read the following thread:

http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=622412

Morris
05-12-2011, 09:49
In this day and age, if you haven't been sued at least once, you haven't been duing your job.

All sorts of people get butthurt and sue. So what? It's the (unfortunate) American way.

And go ahead and call me a Nazi after you read my signature. Go ahead. :)

Kadetklapp
05-12-2011, 10:59
And you seem not to appreciate a difference of opinion. Your hateful and ignorant remarks lead me to conclude you must be some kind of Nazi.

Its not that you have a different opinion, it's that your opinion is wrong.

http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRmO759irYNheOvqgN48IT3N09W-SFcfAV7YxHW9bxXZbEyIppJ

TBO
05-12-2011, 11:20
http://www.ridingabuttertub.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/02/toyko-drift.gif

Morris
05-12-2011, 11:46
Damn TBO! Where do you find this hilarity? :rofl:

Streetking
05-12-2011, 11:50
Streetking,

You seem to be mixing it up with the regulars in several threads recently. I would suggest that you read the following thread:

Thanks for the info but I don't see how that would apply to me. I use a respectful tone. As you can clearly see it's the LEOs that begin with the insults and hateful language.

Kadetklapp
05-12-2011, 12:17
Thanks for the info but I don't see how that would apply to me. I use a respectful tone. As you can clearly see it's the LEOs that begin with the insults and hateful language.

http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTyGUHZsfyGzoUMQ7S-dHxMqlf7JinCdnd7qZE0dSq3GntIqFAK

DaBigBR
05-12-2011, 12:48

I would read it again. Here it is, with important parts emphasized.

Folks, I did not create this forum to give people a place to ***** about cops, or to question the morality or legality of their practices. You might have a burning need to do so, but this is not the place for it.

I created this forum as a place for cops to talk shop and for non-cops to be able to interact with cops and hopefully create some common ground. <b><font color="red">If you do not like cops, or you are pissed because you got a ticket, or you want to know how to beat the ticket, or you don't like no-knock warrants or DUI checkpoints, [b][u](or car chases) do not post about it here. Period. </font></b>I am sick to death of all of the bickering and all of the problems a few knuckleheads here (On both sides of the fence) keep causing. I want the problems to stop.

If you want to discuss legal/ethical issues of police practices or policies, do it in GT's Civil Liberties forum. That is what it was created for. From now on, any such discussion here will be closed or moved to that forum. There are a handful of people here who are obsessed with the topic and they are screwing things up here for everyone else.

Once again and for the record, I and my site are big fans of LEO's and we support them. You do not have to like them yourself, but you do have to treat them respectfully if you want to post on my site. On the other hand, the problems here are not one-sided. I expect EVERYONE to comport themselves in a considerate, respectful manner, if they wish to continue participating here. There is no excuse for bad behavior and many of you are in a job that has certainly taught you better.

This forum has been one of the most problematic on GT, but I still feel it can be an asset if the people that use it will help it live up to its potential. Eric

Please explain to me how the following post, your first in this thread, complies with Eric's wishes.

Better yet, explain the following remarks and how they comply with Eric's wishes:

Con43
05-12-2011, 13:34

What's the world coming to. Hell you just can't question the judgment and integrity of LEO's anymore without receiving "insults and hateful language".

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :whistling:

Kriterian
05-12-2011, 13:56
To get back to the title of the thread, I don't think that the line "he was turning his life around" applies to 13 or 14 year olds. He's a teenager and the only life he has before 18 is the one his parents did or DIDN'T create for him.

I read a great sci-fi book once where an alternate reality opened up to another existence where neanderthals were the dominant species and humans were extinct. They didn't have crime because every time a crime was committed they sterilized the criminal and anyone that shared at least 50% of his or her genes. Mother, father, siblings, children etc. Sometimes I wonder...

FM12
05-12-2011, 14:06
Rarely does anything good come from a high speed pursuit. I'ver seen em go both ways: everybody goes either to jail or home, or some go to the morgue, including the good guys.

Rarely any true winners.

Most fun you can have with your pants on though!!

Polak
05-12-2011, 22:42
But he was trying to turn his life around, even started going to church.

If that's true, it's the cops fault for chasing him. :upeyes:

Streetking
05-13-2011, 00:19
Morris- if I were you I'd worry about that guy that calls himself "panzergrenadier." Just saying.

Streetking
05-13-2011, 02:36
I would read it again. Here it is, with important parts emphasized.

Please explain to me how the following post, your first in this thread, complies with Eric's wishes.

Better yet, explain the following remarks and how they comply with Eric's wishes:

I couldn't help but notice you failed to critique any of statements of your brother LEOs. How covenient. In addition I fully appreciate your creativity of adding words to Eric's policy. You do have a great command of the navigation of the WEB page. I committed no violation in ethics, morality or legality. Try again. you lose.

Streetking
05-13-2011, 02:40
Streetking,

I haven't said a word in months.

Panzergrenadier1979
05-13-2011, 03:11
Morris- if I were you I'd worry about that guy that calls himself "panzergrenadier." Just saying.

Explain?

Ohhhhhhh. "Panzergrenadier" is a GERMAN word..... German = Nazis.... I see.... :whistling:

Tell that to my born-again Jewish pastor who took my parents and I to Israel and stood with me at the wailing wall at the temple mount and at the Mount of Olives. Tell that to my friends and family who know how how passionate I am, as a Christian, about God's chosen people, the Jews. Tell that to my church small group who, at this moment, is currently studying the Zionist movement.

Where's the hate now Streetking.... or should I say Straßekönig?

MeefZah
05-13-2011, 05:20
Where's the hate now Streetking.... or should I say Straßekönig?

Oh, you totally pwned him! Booyah!

I mean, I think you pwned him. OK, actually, I don't get it... and I don't even know what pwned is.

Kadetklapp
05-13-2011, 09:12
I haven't said a word in months.

You should revert back to that way of thinking.

razdog76
05-13-2011, 11:12
I couldn't help but notice you failed to critique any of statements of your brother LEOs. How covenient. In addition I fully appreciate your creativity of adding words to Eric's policy. You do have a great command of the navigation of the WEB page. I committed no violation in ethics, morality or legality. Try again. you lose.

DaBigBR doesn't have to critique any brothers. We critique each other regularly, in part to learn something. Don't think you as a stranger, can jump into a conversation amongst people that are somewhat familiar with each other, bust their chops, and not catch some flak.

Morris
05-13-2011, 12:22

There is nothing offensive in that word. However, Nazi's killed over 50% of my Polish family in the various camps.

That word has extreme connotations to me.

Apologize now before you fully plumb the depth of stupidity.

Streetking
05-13-2011, 12:58
No, Panzer Greanadier is just a little more than a German word. Tyically it is proceeded by a SS- Panzer Grenadier or possibly by a Hitler-Panzer Grenadier or Goring- Panzer Grenadier. Do you see the connection now or shall I further explain? I question why would someone even remotely associate himself with an outfit like that. Emulation perhaps??
Does your born-again Jewish pastor know you use the handle of Panzer Grenadier. It probably makes him wonder, hmmmm, this is more than a little odd.
I would be willing to bet that if you got together a group of Holocost survivors and said the word Panzer Grenadier they would find it extremely offensive.

trdvet
05-13-2011, 13:02
I think this thread has run its course.

sugarcreek
05-13-2011, 13:10
I think he should have turned his Grandmothers car around a few miles back...

Kadetklapp
05-13-2011, 13:56
I would be willing to bet that if you got together a group of Holocost survivors and said the word Panzer Grenadier they would find it extremely offensive.

And I'd be willing to bet you were dropped on your head more than once as a child. :wavey:

DaBigBR
05-13-2011, 14:18
I think this thread has run its course.

NO!

Must...keep...arguing...!

BMG22
05-13-2011, 14:35
No, Panzer Greanadier is just a little more than a German word. Tyically it is proceeded by a SS- Panzer Grenadier or possibly by a Hitler-Panzer Grenadier or Goring- Panzer Grenadier. Do you see the connection now or shall I further explain? I question why would someone even remotely associate himself with an outfit like that. Emulation perhaps??
Does your born-again Jewish pastor know you use the handle of Panzer Grenadier. It probably makes him wonder, hmmmm, this is more than a little odd.

Dude, what is your glitch? You should go to college and get a degree in being wrong all the time!

Panzergrenadier is a German term for motorized or mechanized infantry. The term is currently used in the armies of Austria, Chile, Germany, and Switzerland.

Panzergrenadier1979
05-13-2011, 18:01
No, Panzer Greanadier is just a little more than a German word. Tyically it is proceeded by a SS- Panzer Grenadier or possibly by a Hitler-Panzer Grenadier or Goring- Panzer Grenadier. Do you see the connection now or shall I further explain?

Please don't. The amateur historian in me might not survive the shock.

Obscure WWII trivia time! (Streetking gets first shot).

Which US Army Infantry Division's shoulder patch was originally a large swastika?

Rohniss
05-13-2011, 18:07
Mr. **FILL IN APPROPRIATE**, what you've just posted is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

TBO
05-13-2011, 20:00
:perfect10:

MeefZah
05-13-2011, 20:09
Mr. **FILL IN APPROPRIATE**, what you've just posted is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this thread is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

MMMM... Veronica Vaughn.

DaBigBR
05-13-2011, 20:11
MMMM... Veronica Vaughn.

I know from experience.

No, you don't.

No, no I don't...but a buddy of mine, he...

No, he didn't.

razdog76
05-13-2011, 20:17
So what are we supposed to derive from the user name "Streetking?"

1. Best bus driver in the neighborhood
2. Pimp
3. Like to sling dice in an alley/ 3 card monte
4. A hustler

Other than number one, I'm having a hard time thinking of any respectable pastimes involving your handle. Don't forget, you opened this can of worms.

michael e
05-13-2011, 20:20
If this way the one in Houston area earlier this week it says he just got out of juvi . Every time one of these kids gets killed they where always angels according to everyone they enterview

johnluger
05-13-2011, 22:22

Which US Army Infantry Division's shoulder patch was originally a large swastika?

:wavey: Ask me I know.

Streetking
05-14-2011, 02:27

Ok. I believe the swastika was used briefly by a NG Inf unit from the SW. A Native Americam Symbol certainly. Abandoned long before WW2.
99.9% of any living people (except computer gamer idiots) would relate the term Panzergrenadier with Nazi tank units from WW2. I'm aware of it's literal translation. I should be getting paid for this.

Panzergrenadier1979
05-14-2011, 05:22
:wavey: Ask me I know.

Sure, go ahead!

Panzergrenadier1979
05-14-2011, 05:25
Streetking,
I’m going to reference another active Glocktalk/coptalk thread.

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1342023

Sgt. Mike Palomino of the Glendale Police Department not only lost his son, but has to come to grips with the fact that his son tried to kill Glendale police officers before being killed by the very same officers that Sgt. Palomino would have risked his life for under any other circumstances.

God will not give someone more than they can handle…..however….. I think He came darn close with this situation.

In the midst of this mind-numbing personal tragedy for Sgt. Palomino, your comment was:

What do they say about not falling too far from the tree?

Streetking, you have no soul. You are a bottom feeder. Youre ability to claim that the LEOs here are rude to you and call you names and generally play the role of victim etc… is forever gone. You have shown who you really are; your cruelty is exposed. Your opinions do not matter.

Please.

Don’t go away angry.

Just….go away.

BMG22
05-14-2011, 17:08
Ok. I believe the swastika was used briefly by a NG Inf unit from the SW. A Native Americam Symbol certainly. Abandoned long before WW2.
99.9% of any living people (except computer gamer idiots) would relate the term Panzergrenadier with Nazi tank units from WW2. I'm aware of it's literal translation. I should be getting paid for this.

So then, you're making a generalization? A completely modern military term, but it was in German so automatically it means Nazi?

You sir are nothing but racist biggoted scum...

BMG22
05-14-2011, 17:14

That would be the 45th Infantry Division! They changed from the swastika to the thunderbird beause of Hitler in the late 30's. Somewhere I have a copy of the document talking about it.

FYI, they have a wonderful museum in Oklahoma City.

RyanNREMTP
05-14-2011, 17:28
Wow, I can't begin to think about what I would say to this person. This thread will probably be locked soon.

Panzergrenadier1979
05-14-2011, 17:30
That would be the 45th Infantry Division! They changed from the swastika to the thunderbird beause of Hitler in the late 30's. Somewhere I have a copy of the document talking about it.

FYI, they have a wonderful museum in Oklahoma City.

You sir, are correct! :supergrin:

http://i1177.photobucket.com/albums/x360/Panzergrenadier1979/45thInfDiv.jpg

Panzergrenadier1979
05-14-2011, 17:32
Time for this thread to get back on topic....

I seem to recall a couple youthful punks leading troopers on a pursuit and the driver doesn't survive the ensuing crash......

ViperGlock
05-14-2011, 17:47
Sounds like a good ending to me.

All cops went home, the general public wasn't hurt, and a little piece of trash was removed from the gene pool, prior to it reproducing or expanding its criminal career...

Stupidity is too often rewarded.

So...a troubled 14 year old kid gets himself killed and you call that a "good ending".

MeefZah
05-14-2011, 17:51
So...a troubled 14 year old kid gets himself killed and you call that a "good ending".

Well, he couldn't very well call it a "happy ending", that has a sexual connotation.

ViperGlock
05-14-2011, 18:06
I do not understand your statement…it is humor…right?? I know you are a good person. I have a magic 8 ball.

Multiple Arms
05-14-2011, 18:38
This thread is full of.... :whistling:

Patchman
05-14-2011, 19:15

Damn. I always knew those who bought and drove VolksWagens were Nazi sympathizers, either closet or open.

TBO
05-14-2011, 19:21
Panzergrenadier is a German term for motorized or mechanized infantry.

The term is used in the armies around the world, including:

Austria
Chile
Germany
Switzerland

DaBigBR
05-14-2011, 20:59

Given that, as stated in his post, no members of the public or law enforcement were injured, then yes, it's a "good ending." On the bottom of my list of people to protect (albeit still on the list) are the offenders we deal with.

Rohniss
05-15-2011, 16:56
Given that, as stated in his post, no members of the public or law enforcement were injured, then yes, it's a "good ending." On the bottom of my list of people to protect (albeit still on the list) are the offenders we deal with.

Basically Yeah,

I thought what I posted was pretty clear, but thanks for reexplaining for me.

In short, I don't give a **** some little punk decided to boost grandma's car then when confronted by the police he decided to run and flunk Darwin's Pop Quiz. If your stealing cars at 14, its better that you were removed from the gene pool at an early age, and your blossoming criminal career was thankfully cut short before you could really hurt anyone else.

Maybe his little moronic friend learned something picking his buddies brains and blood out of his hair.

ETA:

FURTHERMORE, I could care less what anyone thinks about my opinion.

MeefZah
05-15-2011, 17:06
FURTHERMORE, I could care less what anyone thinks about my opinion.

But I like, and share, your opinion!

Rohniss
05-15-2011, 17:12
But I like, and share, your opinion!

Your not a person though, your an evil government oppressor like me :wavey:

MeefZah
05-15-2011, 17:32
Your not a person though, your an evil government oppressor like me :wavey:

****in' A!

Navy HMC
05-16-2011, 03:12

Good ending? Given his track record to date, yes. Sad ending, definietly for all involved by at least it's not a happy ending?

danielspdx
05-16-2011, 21:39
A local headline today (http://www.kgw.com/news/Man-dies-in-N-Portland-shooting-121886904.html)

My favorite paragraph in the article:

Edmond had just been released from jail where he did 10 months for robbery and assault, Roach said. But her son was turning his life around, she added.

Morris
05-17-2011, 10:37
With almost every one of these articles, I can cut and paste the "turning his life around" sentence.