Cicadia swarms in east Alabama and west Georgia.... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Cicadia swarms in east Alabama and west Georgia....

cowboywannabe
05-11-2011, 08:14
they swarm but dont eat the crops, the birds dont eat them, what reason could God have for their existance other than to proove he hates cops who work nights and have to try and sleep during the day with all that racket!:yawn:

Hack
05-11-2011, 08:39
they swarm but dont eat the crops, the birds dont eat them, what reason could God have for their existance other than to proove he hates cops who work nights and have to try and sleep during the day with all that racket!:yawn:

:dunno:

DaBigBR
05-11-2011, 09:06
We get them almost every year here. They must come north when they're done with you guys.

cowboywannabe
05-11-2011, 09:13
this is what the locals call the 13 year swarm.

lethal tupperwa
05-11-2011, 10:07
they hatch drop to the ground and feed on tree roots for 13 (17) years

emerge and start the cycle all over.

there are also yearly versions.

collim1
05-11-2011, 22:16
I haven't seen them down here, but I hope you have a trustee to scrub all the guts off the front of your car.

cowboywannabe
05-12-2011, 08:51
I haven't seen them down here, but I hope you have a trustee to scrub all the guts off the front of your car.

youre only 30 miles south bro. you guy havent had those damn ratchey sounding swarms?

David Armstrong
05-12-2011, 09:53
Ahhh, the soothing song of the cicadia. What better music to lull one to sleep? Their soft, dulcet tones and melodious harmonizing provide a wonderful backdrop to a peaceful slumber.

What good are they? Rather tasty when roasted, fun short-term pets for the kids, really great cat toys, and outstanding fishbait.