Does This Holster Make My Butt Look Fat? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Does This Holster Make My Butt Look Fat?

LoadToadBoss
05-11-2011, 08:38
I got my Crossbreed Minituck in last week for my PF-9 and have been trying to break it in. It is my first "tuckable" holster, but I noticed that while wearing it I appear a little more girthy around the middle. I'm an average sized guy (5'9", 172lbs), but that extra thickness around the waistband seems very noticeable to me. BTW, at work I wear dress slacks and dress shirts. I usually carry using an ankle holster at work, but I wanted another option. When using the CB with jeans and a loose untucked shirt, there's no issue. The issue comes when trying to look neat and trim. Oh, and let's not forget having to go to larger sized pants to accommodate the extra stuffing in the waistband. Add that cost to the $80 I paid for the holster.

Anyone else have this as a issue for them?

debbert
05-11-2011, 08:42
:needspics:

BailRecoveryAgent
05-11-2011, 09:16
Are you wearing at the 3 oclock position? If so, you could try 4-5 oclock which is where my skinny friend wears his so that it doesn't look like he has a tumor on his right hip.

My solution to the bigger waist size problem is to buy the cargo shorts that have elastic in the 3 and 9 oclock position. They come in slacks as well as shorts. It eliminates the need for bigger pants while not having them bunch up when wearing OWB and not needing the extra room.

LoadToadBoss
05-11-2011, 09:48
Are you wearing at the 3 oclock position? If so, you could try 4-5 oclock which is where my skinny friend wears his so that it doesn't look like he has a tumor on his right hip.

My solution to the bigger waist size problem is to buy the cargo shorts that have elastic in the 3 and 9 oclock position. They come in slacks as well as shorts. It eliminates the need for bigger pants while not having them bunch up when wearing OWB and not needing the extra room.
The gun is in the 3:30-4:00 position with a slight FBI cant.

Cargo pants are nice and comfy, but not the kind of professional look I strive for as a pastor. When out of the office in the winter time, I usually don a sports jacket, but in the heat of a Louisiana summer that's not happening.

I just wanted to know if others have a similar problem when using the CB super- or mini-tuck with business casual attire.

DaneA
05-11-2011, 10:44
I use the CB with khakis regularly. I'm a little bigger (about 20 lbs or so)than you but I've never been spotted yet. I've actually worn mine with khaki pants and a polo shirt to church and still haven't been spotted. The main thing is that you can't tuck your shirt in all the way. You need a bit of shirt hanging out all the way around.

ETA: Also I found that using a lot of cant helps hide as well.

LoadToadBoss
05-11-2011, 12:35
I use the CB with khakis regularly. I'm a little bigger (about 20 lbs or so)than you but I've never been spotted yet. I've actually worn mine with khaki pants and a polo shirt to church and still haven't been spotted. The main thing is that you can't tuck your shirt in all the way. You need a bit of shirt hanging out all the way around.

ETA: Also I found that using a lot of cant helps hide as well.
Yeah, I noticed a lot of blousing is needed which creates a kind of unkempt appearance.

barstoolguru
05-11-2011, 13:46
no pic's of a man butt please............. it looks fine........... no pic's please

BailRecoveryAgent
05-11-2011, 13:55
Yeah, I noticed a lot of blousing is needed which creates a kind of unkempt appearance.

If the form fitting business look is what you're shooting for, you may just have to pocket carry the PF9, which will likely only move the printing bulge to a different part of your body.

Sometimes, a change in clothing size is the only way to pull off concealment.

Captains1911
05-11-2011, 14:13
A PF-9 in a canted IWB at 3:30-4:00 should virtually disappear, even on a skinny guy. My guess is you're just being over paranoid, which is normal at first, you'll get used to it, I can almost guarantee that nobody can tell or suspect a thing.

dogchild
05-11-2011, 14:14
I got my Crossbreed Minituck in last week for my PF-9 and have been trying to break it in. It is my first "tuckable" holster, but I noticed that while wearing it I appear a little more girthy around the middle. I'm an average sized guy (5'9", 172lbs), but that extra thickness around the waistband seems very noticeable to me. BTW, at work I wear dress slacks and dress shirts. I usually carry using an ankle holster at work, but I wanted another option. When using the CB with jeans and a loose untucked shirt, there's no issue. The issue comes when trying to look neat and trim. Oh, and let's not forget having to go to larger sized pants to accommodate the extra stuffing in the waistband. Add that cost to the $80 I paid for the holster.

Anyone else have this as a issue for them?

I have the same problem with my Glock 19 IWB tuckable holster (not a Crossbreed) but the same type, with my job i can wear my shirt tail out,
When i can't i use a pocket holster with my S&W 380 BodyGuard.