Glock Service - Need some direction. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Glock Service - Need some direction.

copwithaglock
05-11-2011, 09:37
A crack was recently discovered under a front guide rail on the frame of my Glock 21/3rd generation.

I have been in contact since thursday May 5th with a Glock Technician in Georgia, who is not returning my calls. He even has a picture of the crack, that was sent to him by my police department. I purchased and own the weapon, but it is used for duty carry as a full-time LEO in a large department in New Jersey. Our department requires officers to carry Glock pistols.

Can someone here please give me direction on the best approach to this problem, with the least amount of dust-up. I have owned the weapon only 2 years. I have provided a picture.

Any negative experiences with Glock and how to avoid that situation would also help. Thank you in advance.

CopwithaGlock

JR
05-17-2011, 16:24
This is a pretty rare occurrence. Glock Inc will warrantee the frame for sure and they may even choose to replace the complete gun.
The good news is the gun will still perform as intended. Even if the rail broke in two peices it would still function until you removed the slide from the frame. I am telling you straight out, Glock pistols are about as tough as you can get!