A dump-truck full of Not Good [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : A dump-truck full of Not Good

blueiron
05-11-2011, 17:45
Nothing I know of can prepare cops for this:

http://www.azcentral.com/community/glendale/articles/2011/05/11/20110511lendale-police-sergeant-son-shot-killed-brk.html

Jeff82
05-11-2011, 17:57
They did what they had to do. I hope Sr. understands.

Dragoon44
05-11-2011, 18:09
Junior was a dirtbag, Sr. should have been expecting an end like this.

CAcop
05-11-2011, 18:09
Considering the tats his kid had I am guessing Jr. hasn't been over to the house for Thanksgiving for awhile now. Sad. I pray to God that when my wife and I have kids none of them turn out like that.

captdreifus
05-11-2011, 18:48
Bad situation, but it's mr. Dirtbag or the officers....good guys win, thank god.

txleapd
05-11-2011, 18:58
Considering the tats his kid had I am guessing Jr. hasn't been over to the house for Thanksgiving for awhile now. Sad. I pray to God that when my wife and I have kids none of them turn out like that.

I thought the exact same things....

Dragoon44
05-11-2011, 19:18
I have adult children, Thank God none of them look or act like that.

MeefZah
05-11-2011, 19:52
You know, if your dad's a cop, and you decide to be a dirtbag; the least you could do is go be a dirtbag in another jurisdiction, so your deeds don't cloud your dad's good name.

4949shooter
05-11-2011, 19:59
Yep.

Horrible situation though.

x_out86
05-11-2011, 20:03
Too bad...

Sounds like a good shoot, but no happy ending no matter how you look at it.

Stay safe.

Pinki
05-11-2011, 20:08
Jr look(ed) like Memo on CSI Miami. Prayers to Sr.

Ajon412
05-11-2011, 20:20
Even though this is a bad situation, don't forget where fault lies....Junior chose his path in life and HIS actions lead to HIS death......

Vigilant
05-11-2011, 20:48
On the bright side, Junior will not be making any further efforts to procreate.

Hack
05-11-2011, 20:59
Preacher's kids, and cop's kids. They either go good or go bad. We have had similar among our own staff here, various ones having had good parents but chose a bad path later.

I pray for the young man's parents, and the fellow officers. I know this has to be hard to deal with.

Streetking
05-12-2011, 02:06
What do they say about not falling too far from the tree?

4949shooter
05-12-2011, 03:40
Gimme a break Streetking. That always isn't the case.

Where I grew up, the family across the street had six kids. The parents were teachers, and 5 of the kids were stellar...athletes and students.

The sixth was a drug addict, who overdosed and laid near death out on the sidewalk. It happens.

MeefZah
05-12-2011, 05:23

While I was looking at your profile, I noticed that you spelled "self employed" wrong. What is that, anyway? Drug dealer? Pimp? :upeyes:

Vigilant
05-12-2011, 09:22
While I was looking at your profile, I noticed that you spelled "self employed" wrong. What is that, anyway? Drug dealer? Pimp? richardhead? :upeyes:

Fixed.

DaBigBR
05-12-2011, 09:39
It sucks, but it is what it is.

zigzagg321
05-12-2011, 09:46

Right, because tattoos automatically means a person is a criminal or whatever you were implying by your comment.

DaBigBR
05-12-2011, 09:50
Right, because tattoos automatically means a person is a criminal or whatever you were implying by your comment.

Did you even look at the photo?

The kid's got a couple of tear drops and what might be horns on the top of his head. Those aren't the kind of tattoos that most productive members, or even most unproductive members of society would get. It's what we in the law enforcement profession call a clue.

Dragoon44
05-12-2011, 09:51

When they are obviously prison tattoos yeah, they are a pretty good indicator of behavior.

He didn't get those tattoos at the local tat shop even non CO or LE should be smart enough to pick up on that.

And if those clues were not enough for you the story states he had just been released from prison after serving 7 years.

p.d.
05-12-2011, 10:24
I find Ms. Lopez' comment interesting. "If he had it, it was yours". Irony in it's purest form when spoken of a convicted burglar.

blueiron
05-12-2011, 10:26

Hmmm...

I went on holiday to avoid the Short Bus door gunners and I see nothing has changed.

Let me tell you something, ya bloody rectal comedian - I know Sergeant Palomino. I know him well. I worked with him for years and for all the freakingly stupid inferences you are implying, I can clearly discern that you are even more moronic than your piss poor attempt at snarky sardonicism implies.

Mike is one the the most diligent, honest, hardworking people I know [aside from being a cop]. Any employer would be hard pressed to find any one who could do a better job and the City of Glendale, Arizona is a far better place for having hired and employing him as a police officer and supervisor.

Crap like that means nothing to you inbred hillbillies. You sit around all day sucking down cheap beer by the case and burning through the O and the meth until your welfare check craps out. You haven't the honor, the intelligence, the ethics, or the wherewithal to amount to anything, but as fecal waste - you feel the urge to come around and spread your filthy diseased comments and besmirch someone you've never met.

He son was a scumbag and he made his choice. Mike came to grips with it years ago, but a father never forgets his son - even when his son goes against everything the father has stood for. Mike is grieving the infant he held in his arms on the day of his birth, he is crying over the son who went off to his first day of school and full of promise, and Mike is broken up over what his son became. let alone did.

I posted this because I know a few cops that are in this situation and most of us do. Whether the kid is a hellion or an all out criminal, we can name at least one. Even in spite of all that their parents and family friends have done to prevent it, it sometimes just doesn't take. That is the tragedy of being a parent.

Hey hillbilly, did you even meet your sperm donor?

Sam Spade
05-12-2011, 10:33
Don't hold back, blue.

And I mean that. Some people need a bucket of cold water to re-introduce themselves to reality. Others need a 2x4.

Kadetklapp
05-12-2011, 10:52

Hey I found a picture of you.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh192/kadetklapp/donkeyhole.jpg

Vigilant
05-12-2011, 14:45
Just thinking out loud, if Blueiron's post were a litle shorter, I would consider asking permission to use it as a sig line without the name.

Hope I didn't offend you with my comment, Blue. No disrespect intended to the Sergeant. None at all.

jakebrake
05-12-2011, 14:54
rather than post blueiron's post, i'l just say "here here!"

prayers sent for the sergeant. losing a child is a harshe dose...period. his circumstances were too intense for most of society to comprehend. his son chose the wrong path. it our day and age, it is becoming far to easy to make that wrong choice. the best parents in the world, cannot control the rest of that world. they can only do their best.

zigzagg321
05-12-2011, 15:27
roger that, yes, that particular guy's tats make him look like a criminal.

AZLawDawg
05-12-2011, 15:59
Damn, I can't even begin to imagine what he must be going through.

LASTRESORT20
05-12-2011, 16:07
Junior was a dirtbag, Sr. should have been expecting an end like this.

This..^^^

seagravedriver
05-12-2011, 17:02
Don't hold back, blue.

And I mean that. Some people need a bucket of cold water to re-introduce themselves to reality. Others need a 2x4.

X2 Well said.

steveksux
05-12-2011, 18:29
Hey I found a picture of you.

http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh192/kadetklapp/donkeyhole.jpg
Too bad you couldn't pan back and get a picture of the tree too... :rofl::rofl:

Raising kids is like driving a boat where the rudder keeps getting smaller and smaller until it disappears. They go exactly where you steer them when they're little. The older they get, the less they respond to your direction and go where they want. Kids can choose to go the wrong way in spite of the best parents. Other kids can turn out good in spite of the worst parents. No way to tell, its ultimately up to the kids to make the right choices.

Prayers go out to everyone involved, its a horrible situation, but he pulled a gun on a cop, all the other potential outcomes were worse.
Randy

jethro21
05-12-2011, 20:22
Mike is one of my best friends on the department, I feel horrible for him....how is a father supposed to feel in a time like this? His son died...trying to kill his brothers. Regardless of what a dirtbag Cisco was, he was still Mike's son.

Last time we chased him down, fought with him and sent him back to prison (8 or so months ago) Mike told me the next day he thought we would shoot him eventually...and it happened.

The full story may never come out in papers, but I can tell you because I was there, this situation is even tougher than the news story states.

I would ask for you all to remember us in prayer, our department and especially my squad is hurting right now.

Jethro

MeefZah
05-12-2011, 20:24
Mike is one of my best friends on the department, I feel horrible for him....how is a father supposed to feel in a time like this? His son died...trying to kill his brothers. Regardless of what a dirtbag Cisco was, he was still Mike's son.

Last time we chased him down, fought with him and sent him back to prison (8 or so months ago) Mike told me the next day he thought we would shoot him eventually...and it happened.

The full story may never come out in papers, but I can tell you because I was there, this situation is even tougher than the news story states.

I would ask for you all to remember us in prayer, our department and especially my squad is hurting right now.

Jethro

Prayers sent bro.

Newcop761
05-12-2011, 21:03
Prayers sent.

Dragoon44
05-12-2011, 21:05

Prayers sent.

As a parent I can understand the anguish he must feel. No matter how they turn out they are still your child. They will always be that infant you held that grabbed your fingers and smiled at you, You will always remember when they said their first words, walked for the first time, and especially the joy on their face when you came home and they ran to you yelling "daddy!!!" and jumped into your arms.

Regardless of what our logical and rational brain knows is true, the heart never forgets.

Sam Spade
05-12-2011, 21:13

Jethro
You tell Mike that we are here, that we do understand, and that he is in our thoughts and prayers.

Work with each other. Grossman is right--pain shared is pain divided and diminished.

4949shooter
05-13-2011, 02:17
Prayers sent Brother..

blueiron
05-13-2011, 15:10
Vigilant - don't worry, as absolutely no offense was taken.

My vitriol was directed squarely at someone who cannot differentiate between the sins of the child and the lifelong deeds of the parent.

Jethro21 - plenty of old timers at my former agency remember and respect Mike's abilities and work. You and your squad have my personal sympathies for what had to be done. Be there for Mike and realize that he is going to be a conflicted mass of emotions, even though he logically knows what had to be done. I don't know the two officers [only one had enough time on that I might have ever met him], but they too are going to need everyone's support. Make the effort - you never know how you can matter at a time like this.

The lesson here for all of the active folks is that LE, as a whole, is not prepared to deal with the psychological aftermath of situations such as these. No one hopes they ever have to deal with a family member that goes over the edge.

DaBigBR
05-13-2011, 15:51
Just thinking out loud, if Blueiron's post were a litle shorter, I would consider asking permission to use it as a sig line without the name.

Hope I didn't offend you with my comment, Blue. No disrespect intended to the Sergeant. None at all.

Not to derail the thread further, but if "Short Bus Door Gunner" fit in the user title field on here, I would have dibs.

EOD3
05-13-2011, 16:04
Having lost a daughter, raised three boys, and working on as many grandkids as I can get, I can tell you the pain of losing a child is about the limit of what a man can stand.

First you pray they're healthy, then you pray they don't kill themselves being children, then you pray they grow up to be "good" men/women. I think I can guarantee you that some day they will say or do the thing they believe will hurt you the most. Most kids will apologize when they cool off, some just can't go back. Case in point, I have a nephew doing life for being involved in an armed robbery where the clerk was killed. :sad:

rudeboy3
05-13-2011, 16:14
I didnt know the sergeant, but I have a similar story to show how dumb the comment is that was made. The man I know I attribute to keeping me clean throughout high school as well as giving me knowledge and goals to look forward to which eventually started in the fire service(very young) and now my LEO dream. He had a son who grew up in a great house, with two parents in a safe neighborhood. He decided to go the opposite way completely than his dad which included cars being torched,gang activity and later him dying in a drug/alcohol vehicle accident at a very young age(around 24 I think). His other two kids are now in very prominent universities and are doing great. Now I will admit on certain calls you respond to after there is always a "wow the parents must have been beauty's" but it doesn't work with every person. Prayers for the Sergeant/his family/brothers

blueiron
05-13-2011, 16:28
Not to derail the thread further, but if "Short Bus Door Gunner" fit in the user title field on here, I would have dibs.

Feel free to use, but that leaves the title of "Short Bus Ball Turret Gunner" and Short Bus Tail Gunner" open, but I may reserve one for personal use.

Winner will be determined by date of academy graduation.

wprebeck
05-13-2011, 16:38
Feel free to use, but that leaves the title of "Short Bus Ball Turret Gunner" and Short Bus Tail Gunner" open, but I may reserve one for personal use.

Winner will be determined by date of academy graduation.

While I don't have a lot of time on, I've got enough to enter this particular contest - 3/17/00.

Oh, and its good to see you back. Thought you'd actually made good on the expat thing from a while back.

Brucev
05-13-2011, 17:40
Extreme and profound regrets for the father. Heartbreaking to have a child who in adulthood goes wrong. Prayers for the family. Very sorry.

collim1
05-13-2011, 18:15
Hmmm...

I went on holiday to avoid the Short Bus door gunners and I see nothing has changed.

Let me tell you something, ya bloody rectal comedian - I know Sergeant Palomino. I know him well. I worked with him for years and for all the freakingly stupid inferences you are implying, I can clearly discern that you are even more moronic than your piss poor attempt at snarky sardonicism implies.

Mike is one the the most diligent, honest, hardworking people I know [aside from being a cop]. Any employer would be hard pressed to find any one who could do a better job and the City of Glendale, Arizona is a far better place for having hired and employing him as a police officer and supervisor.

Crap like that means nothing to you inbred hillbillies. You sit around all day sucking down cheap beer by the case and burning through the O and the meth until your welfare check craps out. You haven't the honor, the intelligence, the ethics, or the wherewithal to amount to anything, but as fecal waste - you feel the urge to come around and spread your filthy diseased comments and besmirch someone you've never met.

He son was a scumbag and he made his choice. Mike came to grips with it years ago, but a father never forgets his son - even when his son goes against everything the father has stood for. Mike is grieving the infant he held in his arms on the day of his birth, he is crying over the son who went off to his first day of school and full of promise, and Mike is broken up over what his son became. let alone did.

I posted this because I know a few cops that are in this situation and most of us do. Whether the kid is a hellion or an all out criminal, we can name at least one. Even in spite of all that their parents and family friends have done to prevent it, it sometimes just doesn't take. That is the tragedy of being a parent.

Hey hillbilly, did you even meet your sperm donor?

The tone is a little strong...but I get your point.

I work with a guy who is an ex-marine, straight shooter, etc... BOTH of his kids are criminals who refuse to help themselves. He is actually raising two grandchildren but can't have anything to do with his the parents (his children) because they are dirt.

He gave them love, attention, and a nice house to be raised in. Its not his fault.

Patchman
05-13-2011, 18:39

The kettle calling the pot black? So what does that say about that guy who impregnated your mother? :whistling: No really, this is a serious question.

EOD3
05-13-2011, 18:49

Speaking of trees;

If streetking and an apple were dropped from a tree at the same time, which would hit the ground first?

The apple, the rope would stop streetking. :rofl:

OK, evil joke. but funny.

Detectorist
05-13-2011, 18:51
My prayers are with the Father. No matter what, it is still very hard to lose a son.

God Bless him.

Vigilant
05-13-2011, 19:01
Speaking of trees;

If streetking and an apple were dropped from a tree at the same time, which would hit the ground first?

The apple, the rope would stop streetking. :rofl:

OK, evil joke. but funny.

Alright, let's clean it up a bit, folks. No need to be so brash.

My turn:

Why does streetking hate to go to the beach?

Because cats keep trying to cover him up with sand.

:thumbsup:

Ajon412
05-13-2011, 20:55
Too bad you couldn't pan back and get a picture of the tree too... :rofl::rofl:

Raising kids is like driving a boat where the rudder keeps getting smaller and smaller until it disappears. They go exactly where you steer them when they're little. The older they get, the less they respond to your direction and go where they want. Kids can choose to go the wrong way in spite of the best parents. Other kids can turn out good in spite of the worst parents. No way to tell, its ultimately up to the kids to make the right choices.

Prayers go out to everyone involved, its a horrible situation, but he pulled a gun on a cop, all the other potential outcomes were worse.
Randy

One of my favorites: "Raising kids / teenagers is like nailing jello to a tree"....As with anything in life, even if you do everything right, it can still turn out wrong...:dunno: