Galco "King Tuck" [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Galco "King Tuck"

1smoothredneck
05-11-2011, 19:10
Version of the super tuck and M-Tac. Anyone have one??? How do you like it?

G26AZ
05-11-2011, 19:13
I have one that I carry my G19 in. I find it to be comfortable, but can't make a comparison to the other two mentioned above because I've never tried them. It holds the weapon securely in one spot, and the weight is nicely distributed becasue of the wide leather backing, and the distance between the belt clips.

1smoothredneck
05-11-2011, 19:19
I have one that I carry my G19 in. I find it to be comfortable, but can't make a comparison to the other two mentioned above because I've never tried them. It holds the weapon securely in one spot, and the weight is nicely distributed becasue of the wide leather backing, and the distance between the belt clips.
Thanks for the reply. I am also looking at one for my gen 4 19. I know M-tac
"slide" version will accept a 26, 19, or 17 size pistol, with just more or less slide sticking out the bottom... Do you think this is the case with the galco,
or is it more model specific??

up1911fan
05-11-2011, 19:25
I can say "cheap knock off", can you?

1smoothredneck
05-11-2011, 20:36
Yes, I can. I must also say Galco has never let me down for quality. I have an old NSA model i must have had for over fifteen years. Still working fine, just a bit worn. It was a "cheap knock off" of Mr. Ayoobs' fine design for Mitch Rosen, the ARG. Maybe I'll just call it a cheaper, value priced knock off????
Anyway, I've been really looking at the M-Tac for my 19, and the Galco seemed a possibility.
Be Safe

TSAX
05-11-2011, 21:20
Galco usually makes good stuff but it does seem like a knock off.

:50cal:

hamster
05-11-2011, 21:27
Crossbreed itself is a knockoff design. Whats good for the goose...

Personally I like the option of not having to wait 4 friggin weeks for a very standardized holster. Homestly there is no reason other than poor production planning that companies like crossbreed and raven concealment make you wait so long for holsters for stock guns like glock 19.

For light and laser options i understand, or for mom and pop shops, but for the love of all that is holy, when you have the blue gun for a g19 out and are molding a kydex shell just make 100 of them or 500 in a batch. Geeez

glockurai
05-11-2011, 23:42
Got one for my pm9, used it once, then sold it. Its not as comfortable as my supertuck.

BailRecoveryAgent
05-12-2011, 08:22
Everything that isn't "The Answer" by Tucker is a knockoff so it being a knockoff isn't really a big deal. Afterall, how many companies make pancake holsters, someone had to be the first didn't they? Immitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

I think anything more than $45-50 for a hybrid holster is too much. $8-10 worth of leather, $2 worth of kydex, $.10 in rivets and a buck or two for metal clips doesn't constitute an $85 price tag, or even $60 for that matter.

Someone on this forum, I think it was JasonD, had an issue with the way the kydex was formed, it was causing the front sight to hang up on the draw. Not sure if its a recurring issue or not, but something to consider. My local fun store has some in stock so you might check out some where you live and fit check it with one of their guns in person before you buy.

swinokur
05-12-2011, 11:19
The actual price of a product is more than just the cost of the materials. Salaries, insurance rent, taxes, etc. are reflected in a product;s price.

As to delivery times, even with good planing if overwhelmed with orders even a well planned operation can get bogged down. Others have decided for their own reasons their quality may suffer by growth. Milt Sparks Holsters is a 6 man shop that produces some of the finest holsters available and they refuse to become larger. Waits for their product is 6 months. Of course some folks don't want to wait so other options are out there. But to blame production delays on bad planning just isn't always the case.

HerrGlock
05-12-2011, 15:14
I bought one. Wore it twice. will never wear it again. I hate the thing.

Sig 220/245/226 if anyone's interested for half of retail.

Bashful
05-12-2011, 15:22
I recently picked up a G19 and G26... and I picked the King Tuk on a whim while I was cruising a Cabella's. When I carry my Glocks IWB, I'll use the King Tuk. I don't feel any difference between it and the Supertuck or MTAC (which I have for other handguns).

Jason D
05-12-2011, 17:13
I know I posted here about my King Tuck before, but I can't find that post now.

This condensed version is my post from another well known forum.

My Galco King Tuck was a piece of crap.
The holster was made for the M&P line and is supposed to work with all of the from the compact, to the full size. My M&P is a standard full sized gun, with factory night sights.

My King Tuck had little to no sight channel. Apon the drawstroke. The front sight would hang up on the front outer edge of the holster, and again just at that curve all Galco's seem to have around the ejection port.

I felt this holster was a danger like it was.
I fired off a letter to that effect to Galco and received a message back telling me I was mistaken and that all Galco holsters have to pass rigorous testing.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know my particular holster wouldn't work without modification. I had to heat up and flare the bottom of the holster, and a little around the ejection port.

Galco's treatment of me has pissed me off, and their letter was down right condescending. I have about 1500 dollars worth of Galco leather. Since my problem with Galco, I have purchased about 10 Bianchi holsters.

Sr. Bang Bang
05-12-2011, 17:53
I carry a S&W 60 with a 2" barrel in a "king tuck" from Galco, and I couldn't be happier. It conceals well and is comfortable to me. I can see how a semi auto with different sights might get caught up when drawing a gun, but for a revolver it works great.

1smoothredneck
05-12-2011, 18:04
Thanks for the replies! Good stuff there. Guess I'm leaning back toward the M-Tac...

Gear
05-12-2011, 18:47

Very good! Now can you say awesome holster? Better fit and finish then the Super Tuck. Cheaper and available ASAP. Hm seems like a good deal to me. I carry one everyday and I LOVE it. I LOVED the price even more. :supergrin:

jakebrake
05-12-2011, 19:03
king tuk? i own one. carry a g17 and a g22 with it. it is comfortable, darn near invisible, and was priced better than the cross breed. and, oh yeah....didn't have to wait 6 weeks to get it. cant go wrong.

jakebrake
05-12-2011, 19:05
jason, need a home for any galco holsters? say , for a 1911?

Cyclops99
05-12-2011, 19:16
I tried one on a local gun show and didn't really care for it. First impressions when I put things on are big for me, and it didn't seem to be all that comfortable. Although the other Galco IWB's I've got are very good.

txinvestigator
05-13-2011, 10:13
I have the King Tuck. Extremely confortable with a full size 1911, so much so that I often forget I am wearing it even when I get home.

Best IWB I have ever owned.