"Rapper who glorified NJ trooper killer invited to White House" [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : "Rapper who glorified NJ trooper killer invited to White House"

Medic3166
05-11-2011, 22:18
There was a thread in Political Issues about this, but nothing in the Fox News article mentioned the Rapper's support of a NJ Trooper's murderer...

http://www.app.com/article/20110511/NJNEWS10/110511014/Rapper-who-glorified-NJ-trooper-killer-invited-White-House?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Frontpage

:steamed:

gemeinschaft
05-11-2011, 22:26
I need a bucket, I think I am going to puke.

I wish people would just wake up and see what is going on in our country.

Thank you to all of you who wear the badge:cop:

Cav
05-11-2011, 23:40
Chesimard, a member of the Black Panthers in the 1970s who now goes by the name Assata Shakur, was convicted of killing state Trooper Werner Foerster in a shootout on the New Jersey Turnpike in Middlesex County in 1973. Chesimard escaped from custody and is living in Cuba.

I dont know the full story of Assata Chesimard, but Common sounds like a racist at the start of the song. But that is on par for the people that the White House seems to support.

4949shooter
05-12-2011, 03:53
Here is the story on Chesimard:

http://www.njlawman.com/feature%20pieces/joanne%20chesimard.htm

She was apprehended, and then was broken out of prison by fellow Black Panther members.

FiremanMike
05-12-2011, 05:17
So.. she's still wanted?

RussP
05-12-2011, 06:39
Here is the story on Chesimard:

http://www.njlawman.com/feature%20pieces/joanne%20chesimard.htm

She was apprehended, and then was broken out of prison by fellow Black Panther members.Let's quote just a bit of the story...On May 2, 1973 New Jersey State Troopers James Harper and Werner Foerster were patrolling the New Jersey Turnpike in the area of East Brunswick. They stopped a car with three occupants.

The Troopers were questioning the occupants when the driver and female passenger suddenly came up with semi-automatic pistols and opened fire. Trooper Foerster was struck twice in the chest, and Trooper Harper was hit in the shoulder. The female then proceeded to take the service weapon from the injured Trooper Foerster’s. She pointed it at the wounded Trooper and shot him twice in the head, execution style. The thirty-four-year-old trooper with just three years on the road died soon after. He left a wife and family behind. Fortunately, Trooper Harper survived.

RussP
05-12-2011, 06:42
There was a thread in Political Issues about this, but nothing in the Fox News article mentioned the Rapper's support of a NJ Trooper's murderer...

http://www.app.com/article/20110511/NJNEWS10/110511014/Rapper-who-glorified-NJ-trooper-killer-invited-White-House?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Frontpage

:steamed:From the cited article..."One of the things the president appreciates is the work Mr. Lynn has done with children, especially in Chicago, trying to get them to focus on poetry as opposed to some of the negative influences of life on the street," Carney said.

"We're being told by the White House now ... that his popularity outweighs his downside," Jones replied. "Are you kidding me?"

Making the invitation even worse is that it occurred during a time when fallen officers are remembered, Jones said. National Police Week begins May 15.

Cav
05-12-2011, 10:09
So.. she's still wanted?

Looks like she is still wanted and is making money off her crimes;

Photos coming out of Cuba show Chesimard to be a smiling, happy, fit, and seemingly well-rested tourist on an extended vacation. Not a care in the world. In fact, she’s even written five books which are carried by major American booksellers such as Amazon.com, Borders, and Barnes and Noble.

The good folks over at the NY Times even found their way to review her book which most definitely boosted sales. "A deftly written book... a spellbinding tale." -New York Times Book Review

On counter-culture websites she is celebrated as a revolutionary. Being the aunt of deceased rapper Tupac Shakur has only furthered her status.

Where is obama and SEAL Team 6? Well I know SEAL Team 6 is ready...

Cav
05-12-2011, 10:14
Another report:

During the early 1970s, Chesimard was part of the radical movement among African Americans most exemplified by The Black Panthers. Chesimard was not a Panther, but her revolutionary style and her overall activities during that period put her into the same general mold.

On May 2, 1973, New Jersey State Troopers James Harper and Werner Foerster were patrolling the New Jersey Turnpike in the area of East Brunswick. They stopped a car with three occupants. One of the people in that car was Joanne Chesimard. According to commonly accepted accounts of the incident that day, Joanne Chesimard emerged from the vehicle with a submachine gun and began firing at the officers. Foerster was hit in the chest and Harper was hit in the shoulder. When Foerster was down on the ground, Chesimard took his service revolver and shot him twice in the head, killing him. Harper survived the attack.

Chesimard claims that she could not have committed the killings, as she had been shot twice before the officers were hit. Oddly, however, she managed to escape and travel over 5 miles before being captured Had she been that seriously wounded prior to the shooting of the two State Troopers, it is highly unlikely that she could have traveled all of that distance and survived prior to her capture.

It took about 4 years to convict Chesimard. She was sentenced to a minimum of 25 years and a maximum of 33 years in prison at what is commonly known as the Clinton Correctional Facility in New Jersey.

Morris
05-12-2011, 10:14
Are you kidding? This is the president who has no problems expressing a healthy dislike of cops but will use them to further his political agendas and goals to get more taxpayer dollars.

The idea that Obama and the Holder DOJ actually car about cops is gut busting laughable.

GWSHARK
05-12-2011, 10:16
I'm not familiar with her story... but read today that there were medical experts who testified that it was impossible for her to have fired the weapon at the officers.

Can anyone elaborate?

Disclaimer: Don't get TBOish

Cav
05-12-2011, 10:17
Wiki:

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Assata Olugbala Shakur(born July 16, 1947[1] as JoAnne Deborah Byron, married name Chesimard[2]) is an African-American activist and escaped convict who was a member of the Black Panther Party (BPP) and Black Liberation Army (BLA). Between 1971 and 1973, Shakur was accused of several crimes, of which she would never be charged, and made the subject of a multi-state manhunt.[3][4]

In May 1973, Shakur was involved in a shootout on the New Jersey Turnpike, during which New Jersey State Trooper Werner Foerster and BLA member Zayd Malik Shakur were killed and Shakur and Trooper James Harper were wounded.[5] Between 1973 and 1977, Shakur was indicted in relation to six other alleged criminal incidents—charged with murder, attempted murder, armed robbery, bank robbery, and kidnapping—resulting in three acquittals and three dismissals. In 1977, she was convicted of the first-degree murder of Foerster and of seven other felonies related to the shootout.[6]

Shakur was then incarcerated in several prisons, where her treatment drew criticism from some human rights groups. She escaped from prison in 1979 and has been living in Cuba in political asylum since 1984. Since May 2, 2005, the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) has classified her as a "domestic terrorist" and offered a $1 million reward for assistance in her capture. Attempts to extradite her have resulted in letters to the Pope and a Congressional resolution. Shakur is the step-aunt of the deceased hip hop icon Tupac Shakur (the sister of his stepfather, Mutulu Shakur). Her life has been portrayed in literature, film, and song.[7]

When I retire, if she is still alive, I might have to become a bounty hunter.

4949shooter
05-12-2011, 13:53
Thanks for the updates Cav.

Shark, I personally cannot elaborate on what you have read. Though, I don't exactly trust the so called "experts" hired in Chesimard's defense.

msu_grad_121
05-12-2011, 17:56
When I retire, if she is still alive, I might have to become a...hunter.

Fixed it for you... Let me know if you need any help leading this one to justice from God or man. :steamed:

Panzergrenadier1979
05-12-2011, 19:18
God Bless America.

Land that I love.

Stand beside her, and guide her, through the night with the light from above.

I'm gonna drink a tall one tonight; in honor of whoever defeats Obama in 2012.

msu_grad_121
05-12-2011, 19:40
I'm gonna drink a tall one tonight; in honor of whoever defeats Obama in 2012.

From your lips to God's ears, friend!

fla2760
05-12-2011, 21:05
Here is more on the incident.

http://www.odmp.org/officer/4964-trooper-werner-foerster

Detectorist
05-12-2011, 23:22
I don't know all the facts but I believe the President acted stupidly.

Dragoon44
05-12-2011, 23:31
Wiki:

When I retire, if she is still alive, I might have to become a bounty hunter.

I thought about it, but since I wouldn't attempt it unarmed and finding her will I am armed would probably just result in me being out 1 million dollars since the reward is for her capture.

Then again, how often do you get the chance to take a million dollar shot?

:cool:

zigzagg321
05-12-2011, 23:34
Wow, just wow.

Obama is now a criminal in my eyes. Being that he is the president and that he can do what he does and act like he does is what makes him a criminal in my eyes.

He is a DANGER to this country.

Cav
05-12-2011, 23:51
I don't know all the facts but I believe the President acted stupidly.

Great, now 'you' are going to have to pay for air travel and the beers.

4949shooter
05-13-2011, 01:48
Guys,

Thank you for all the support.

We almost had her about 5 years ago when she returned to the United States to see her grandchildren.

if Cuba ever goes back to being a democracy we will have another chance.

Until then we will be patiently waiting...

lawman800
05-13-2011, 02:33
Guys,

Thank you for all the support.

We almost had her about 5 years ago when she returned to the United States to see her grandchildren.

if Cuba ever goes back to being a democracy we will have another chance.

Until then we will be patiently waiting...

We're with you, brother!

This POS needs to see justice. Now or later. We'll wait. We will have our comeuppance.

The Pretender-In-Chief can keep heaping insult upon insult upon our profession. No matter. His time in power will come to an end. The American people are better than that. We see through his charade. He is a man without character or honor. We saw that plainly when he missed the Candlelight Vigil. I say good. We don't need him, we don't want him.

As for Common, he can kiss my big, fat a55. The fact that he played a LASD deputy, albeit a crooked one, is an insult to my profession. Just the same as Martin Lawrence playing any type of cop. Or Ice-T playing a cop. Hollywood makes me sick, giving cop parts to these pukes.

r4884h
05-13-2011, 09:22
Thanks for the updates Cav.

Shark, I personally cannot elaborate on what you have read. Though, I don't exactly trust the so called "experts" hired in Chesimard's defense.

Fixed it for you... Let me know if you need any help leading this one to justice from God or man. :steamed:
4949-I give you credit, I wouldn't be that calm with Cavs comment:steamed:

Gator Monroe
05-13-2011, 09:39
We're with you, brother!

This POS needs to see justice. Now or later. We'll wait. We will have our comeuppance.

The Pretender-In-Chief can keep heaping insult upon insult upon our profession. No matter. His time in power will come to an end. The American people are better than that. We see through his charade. He is a man without character or honor. We saw that plainly when he missed the Candlelight Vigil. I say good. We don't need him, we don't want him.

As for Common, he can kiss my big, fat a55. The fact that he played a LASD deputy, albeit a crooked one, is an insult to my profession. Just the same as Martin Lawrence playing any type of cop. Or Ice-T playing a cop. Hollywood makes me sick, giving cop parts to these pukes.
Just Remember this (Pretender - in- Chief & his party ) in 12 elections

4949shooter
05-13-2011, 10:09
4949-I give you credit, I wouldn't be that calm with Cavs comment:steamed:

4884 which comment?

Or was it someone else's comment about the so-called experts?

A6Gator
05-13-2011, 10:18
A racist, cop-hating disciple of Reverend Wright invited to the White House? I'm shocked, just shocked...:upeyes: