Woman shoots and kills intruder [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Woman shoots and kills intruder

Marc1956
05-12-2011, 06:05
Another WIN for the good guys! Er, I mean good girls! A low life breaks into this lady's home early in the morning and attacks her in the shower! He is in his 20's and she is in her 50's. She evened the score with a little .22 proving that shot placement is vital! Good for her. http://www.ajc.com/news/gwinnett/woman-kills-attacker-in-942224.html :supergrin:

HeliGlock
05-12-2011, 06:47
awesome, and another one for Armed Citizens.

Lone_Wolfe
05-12-2011, 08:52
Good for her! Hope her back is OK.

sawgrass
05-12-2011, 09:01
Good for her! I couldn't be happier that she 'ended' it. He won't attack anyone else.

1200feather
05-12-2011, 16:15
I learned to shoot with a .22. Good for her and hopefully she isn't emotionally scarred for life.

Grovenator
05-15-2011, 21:56
This may sound crazy but I shower with a gun on the edge of the tub 'tween the inside shower curtain and the outside one. Someone comes into the house or bathroom and it's probably going to end badly for them.:whistling:

10mmWendel
05-15-2011, 22:06
Sounds like a good ending to a bad situation, I'm happy she was able to defend herself.

I hope she's okay though, she's probably scared to be alone now... I know I would be.

Eric SF
05-15-2011, 22:56
I'm surprised a liberal rag like the Atlanta Journal-Constipation would even print a self defense story

janice6
05-15-2011, 22:57
Something good did happen Wednesday. A woman was able to protect herself against a slime bucket of a man. Good for her.

<<< Not a woman.

kcb
12-31-2011, 15:02
I just saw this thread. Wow! Good for her, and I hope that she is doing okay!

This is honestly one of my biggest fears....this scenario!

We don't usually have a gun handy in the shower!

<---need to change my routine a bit in the morning.

What a blessing that she was able to get access to her 22!!!

GlockinNJ
12-31-2011, 15:11
What a frightening scenario. So glad to hear that she killed the attacker so that he can't ever do it again.

ithaca_deerslayer
12-31-2011, 15:32
And that's what self-defense is all about, Charlie Brown.

pilsbury
12-31-2011, 17:45
Glad to hear this. I'm hoping my wife wouldn't freeze up in a similar situation.

A Girl & Her Glock
12-31-2011, 19:21
I just imagined this scenario when I was in the shower yesterday. I heard a noise and the first thing that came to mind was that I'm in the shower and whether or not I would be able to get to my gun in the bedroom if he has me cornered in the bathroom!

kcb
12-31-2011, 19:29
I just imagined this scenario when I was in the shower yesterday. I heard a noise and the first thing that came to mind was that I'm in the shower and whether or not I would be able to get to my gun in the bedroom if he has me cornered in the bathroom!

Exactly! I said this is my biggest fear because I have heard a noise like the garage door into our house closing, when I know I'm home alone. I shut the water off grabbed my robe and gun, and went through the house with my gun. Apparently it was just a suction noise which sometimes happens frequently in our house....which I HATE!!! Scares me when I'm in a situation like that!

I recently sold MY gun. We still have other guns, and a 22 but I need to get another gun soon that I can keep close by when I'm home alone. Unfortunately, the crime in our area is not getting better. The media wants us to think it is, but talk to a cop....and you will learn what is really going on in your area!

ithaca_deerslayer
01-01-2012, 09:16

I carry my PM9 all the time, even at home. When I take a shower it goes with me, along with the cell phone, into the locked bathroom.

Hear a noise (dogs help), and you are in the shower and you just don't know what to do, lots of dripping, towel, clothes, whats going on out there?

I rather have the gun with me :)

Dexter88
01-04-2012, 22:01
This may sound crazy but I shower with a gun on the edge of the tub 'tween the inside shower curtain and the outside one. Someone comes into the house or bathroom and it's probably going to end badly for them.:whistling:

Haha, smart idea! I do sometimes get a bit nervous in the shower, never thought to take my gun in there with me though...

Emoore
01-05-2012, 08:19
Yup. There's a little shelf just outside the shower door and that's where I put my gun.

TXMary
01-06-2012, 07:25
Just saw on the news that the "other guy" who tried to break in is out on bail.

shooter1234
01-09-2012, 21:35
I carry my 19 in the shower every single time. And now, my finance' does as well. (now that I bought her a 26)
People are just total nutjobs... You can't trust ANYbody nowadays. It sucks.