Caracal [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Caracal

jp3975
05-12-2011, 12:07
Anyone own a Caracal yet?

Curious what people who own them think. Saw some on gunbroker for $550.

http://world.guns.ru/userfiles/images/handguns/uae/1287744950.jpg

ronin.45
05-12-2011, 12:34
Haven't seen or heard of any locally yet.

Twoglocks
05-12-2011, 12:59
http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=289746

There is big write up on this gun on firingline.com

FreakyBig
05-12-2011, 17:19
Troy is about 30min from me and does most of my AK work. He is an outstanding guy to deal with and as soon as there is a NS option, I'll be picking up a F and hopefully eventually a SC model.

lucky-gunner
05-12-2011, 19:19
I haven't seen one in person yet. I'm a bit curious about getting one, but I'm not sure if I could pull the trigger.

Who knows it may be the best fitting handgun I've ever felt. Probably not though.

hogship
05-12-2011, 20:19
Never heard of these, until this very moment........

Just wondering, though......Why the high visibility yellow strip? My first thought is I wouldn't buy one of these because I'd rather have the low profile advantage of not having something that stands out like that.......?

The only time I'd overlook something like that, is on a stainless gun.......there, you usually don't have much of a choice if you want stainless.......but, that Caracal is like wearing hunter's orange, when you don't have to!

hog

jp3975
05-12-2011, 20:59
Never heard of these, until this very moment........

Just wondering, though......Why the high visibility yellow strip? My first thought is I wouldn't buy one of these because I'd rather have the low profile advantage of not having something that stands out like that.......?

The only time I'd overlook something like that, is on a stainless gun.......there, you usually don't have much of a choice if you want stainless.......but, that Caracal is like wearing hunter's orange, when you don't have to!

hog

US models are all black. The inserts come in different colors and the intended purpose is for military units to color cordinate. Its a wilhelm bubits design...if you're familliar with the steyr m pistols and he was also a designer at glock.

The only thing I don't like is the site on the f model. Part of the pistol. But I imagine they will change that soon. I plan to get one with the quick site when I get a chance. I think its novel...and its pretty functional from what the gun rags say.

I think ill wait a while to see how it goes...was just curious if anyone had one yet.

MrVvrroomm
05-12-2011, 23:07
I've never held one in my hand, but I'll be shooting one in a couple of weeks down in Oak Ridge, TN.

jp3975
05-13-2011, 00:17
I've never held one in my hand, but I'll be shooting one in a couple of weeks down in Oak Ridge, TN.

Let us know how you like it.

AngryPanda
05-13-2011, 00:53
First I have heard of it. Looks like it sits low like a HK p7 which I like. Interested in firing one....

AaronZR2
05-13-2011, 01:17
Shot one...not bad. I wouldn't spend that much for it though. One negative is you better like the factory sights because the rear sight is integral with the striker mechanism...

Xenogy
05-13-2011, 03:15
No experience with the pistol, but I have dealt with the distributor of this pistol (Waffen Werks) and they are absolutely top notch in taking care of issues.

Indy_Guy_77
05-13-2011, 06:42
No experience with the pistol, but I have dealt with the distributor of this pistol (Waffen Werks) and they are absolutely top notch in taking care of issues.

I hope so...

I've got an email into them right now and I've yet to hear back... :dunno:

FreakyBig
05-13-2011, 10:12
The guns have the same feel as my Steyr M40-A1. I have no question about reliability considering the designer and the similarity to the Glock and Steyr pistols. As soon as there is a change to the sites, I'm on board.

MrVvrroomm
05-13-2011, 10:26
http://s192.photobucket.com/albums/z69/Quickload/Caracal/

Here's a link to some pics of the Caracal. There are some good comparison shot with it next to a Glock.

http://www.steyrclub.com/vb/threads/8163-Caracal-C-Review

Detailed review above

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv93/INRANGEinc/caracal/126-2625_IMG.jpg

Here's a dovetail with Heine's.

PUNISHER56
05-13-2011, 18:43
The United Arab Emirates arn't making enough money off of us
in oil, so now they are making guns.:faint:

Bill Keith
05-13-2011, 19:42
SAVE YOUR MONEY, GLOCKS ARE CHEAPER IF YOU LOOK AROUND!:faint:

jp3975
05-14-2011, 03:21

Yeah...everyone already has Glocks.:tongueout:

I like the Steyr m better myself. This is the next pistol by the steyr designer.

.45Super-Man
05-14-2011, 04:14
I wouldnt mind having one, as I'm a fan of Bubits. However, I've grown tired of plastic frame autos.

Darkangel1846
05-14-2011, 08:44
Yeah, I think I'll save my money, let you guys test them out for a while befor I'd buy one. After my little jaunt with the Kimber Solo I'm in no rush to buy a new to the market handgun.

50 cal
05-17-2011, 20:12
I've fired one. They are nice. But if you've fired a Glock, you've fired one of these. The grip is a little different feeling, but not much.

Internally, it's very much like a Glock. A lot like one.

madecov
05-17-2011, 21:49
I'll stick with firearms manufactured by friendlier countries.
Given the geo political situation in the Middle east I will not give any Islamic country money if I can help it (yes I know gas and oil) but in consumer products I have more of a choice.

Gary1911A1
05-18-2011, 12:13
http://s192.photobucket.com/albums/z69/Quickload/Caracal/

Here's a link to some pics of the Caracal. There are some good comparison shot with it next to a Glock.

http://www.steyrclub.com/vb/threads/8163-Caracal-C-Review

Detailed review above

http://i673.photobucket.com/albums/vv93/INRANGEinc/caracal/126-2625_IMG.jpg

Here's a dovetail with Heine's.

Thanks for the picture showing the Heinie Sights. I'm interested, but think I'll wait for some reports to start showing up here before I buy one. Chuck at Shooters Connections has them for $550 too. Here's a link: http://shootersconnectionstore.com/Caracal-F-Semi-Automatic-Pistol-P2069.aspx

ftw13
05-18-2011, 13:58
they can keep their arab pistol,that they needed a european to design.i won't give towelheads any money

WiskyT
05-18-2011, 16:29
they can keep their arab pistol,that they needed a european to design.i won't give towelheads any money

Yeah, but it's only $550.00:rofl:

.45Super-Man
05-18-2011, 16:35
I have a major problem paying that much for ANY plastic framed auto. I could have another Beretta or CZ for the tariff. No poly frame auto should be over 300 bucks or so, since the most complicated part of the milling/machining process(frame)is no longer a part of the equation. There's a reason all of the mfgr's have jumped on the poly bandwagon. The profit margin with plastic framed autos is FAR higher!

bac1023
05-18-2011, 20:26
Anyone own a Caracal yet?

Curious what people who own them think. Saw some on gunbroker for $550.

http://world.guns.ru/userfiles/images/handguns/uae/1287744950.jpg

I haven't seen any in my area yet.

Calico Jack
05-18-2011, 20:33
Wow... all this time I thought that Glocks were ugly.

05-18-2011, 20:35
A dealer had a couple (a compact and a full size) at the fun show this past weekend. $489 each. Totally uninspiring.

Foxtrotx1
05-18-2011, 20:37

Racist much?

Golddog
05-19-2011, 06:09
Don't buy any Mid-East products, making life there a lot worse for ordinary people, who will then be radicalized. Great move.

wellcraft
05-19-2011, 14:12
550 seems to steep for an unknown pistol, i'd rather buy a new glock before i took a chance on the caracal. if they were in the 300 dollars range or maybe 400 i'd consider it but 550 is too much.

WiskyT
05-19-2011, 14:40
Don't buy any Mid-East products, making life there a lot worse for ordinary people, who will then be radicalized. Great move.

We buy lots of mideast oil and the people there live in squaler and blame us.

american lockpicker
05-19-2011, 22:08
I have a major problem paying that much for ANY plastic framed auto. I could have another Beretta or CZ for the tariff. No poly frame auto should be over 300 bucks or so, since the most complicated part of the milling/machining process(frame)is no longer a part of the equation. There's a reason all of the mfgr's have jumped on the poly bandwagon. The profit margin with plastic framed autos is FAR higher!

Its interesting you say that. I'm paying $1200ish for an FN 5.7 and it looks like the construction is cheaper than a Glock...

Also I want a Caracal but it will have to wait till next year.

jp3975
05-20-2011, 01:03
For those of you who wont by a gun from a "towel head" I hope youre not frequenting gas stations.

This thread was asking whos' tried out the Caracal. I dont care to know that you wont buy the gun because you hate Arabs.

As for me, I dont care who built a gun. I'll buy whatever model strikes my fancy. Be it American, Austrian, Polish, Russian, German, UAE, etc...I dont care where it comes from.

Nakanokalronin
05-20-2011, 02:09
I remember when the first pictures where shown of the Caracal and everyone thought it was going to be some great thing. Then a month or so went by after some importer got them in and then....nothing. I have yet to see one in a case at any of my 5 closest gun shops where they have huge selections of all types of pistols. I would ask to see it out of curiosity but that's as far as it would go. The rear sight set-up on the full size and the ridiculous subcompact type where the fixed rear sight is in front of the chamber is enough to make me not want it. They could disappear from existence and I doubt anyone would care.

ftw13
05-20-2011, 03:44
Racist much?

everybody's racist nowadays....don't you watch the liberal news? what exactly was racist about my statement?

fnfalman
05-20-2011, 09:31
I didn't realize that this pistol was already imported in the US.

fnfalman
05-20-2011, 09:44
Racist much?

Unless the OP isn't white, he can't be racist. Arabs are considered to be Caucasians. Bigot maybe but not racist.

Golddog
05-20-2011, 13:37
WiskyT: Nice shot - I'll concede the point.

Buying or boycotting probably won't make a difference in radically defective cultures.

Foxtrotx1
05-20-2011, 13:52
everybody's racist nowadays....don't you watch the liberal news? what exactly was racist about my statement?

You referred to Arabs as towel heads. Thats a bigoted, uniformed, slang that falls under the category of racist.

MeefZah
05-20-2011, 14:00
You referred to Arabs as towel heads. Thats a bigoted, uniformed, slang that falls under the category of racist.

Yepper.

Not cool of that poster.

jp3975
05-20-2011, 16:13
I remember when the first pictures where shown of the Caracal and everyone thought it was going to be some great thing. Then a month or so went by after some importer got them in and then....nothing. I have yet to see one in a case at any of my 5 closest gun shops where they have huge selections of all types of pistols. I would ask to see it out of curiosity but that's as far as it would go. The rear sight set-up on the full size and the ridiculous subcompact type where the fixed rear sight is in front of the chamber is enough to make me not want it. They could disappear from existence and I doubt anyone would care.

Its a brand new gun made by an unknown company that's only been available for a few months at best. You expect the stores to be flooded with them?

Have you been to you're local bookstore lately? Several gun rags have very favorable reviews of the gun. The rear sitewas a mistake that they are fixing...and the quick sites on the compacts...all of the articles I've read say that they thought it was a stupid idea but it works really well.

WiskyT
05-20-2011, 18:29
WiskyT: Nice shot - I'll concede the point.

Buying or boycotting probably won't make a difference in radically defective cultures.

I'll take back my rolleyes. I agree, when you're talking about Nixon going to China, it's one thing, but Arab countries keep their populations illiterate and feed them on anti-Semitic and anti-Western drivel regardless of how much money they have.

Maybe 50 years from now things will be different, but with our wonderful hussein obama now encouraging them destroy Western Civilization, we won't see any improvement for a few years.

Either way, I think it's a silly pistol that has so little support that you can't even find the gun, much less any parts for it. For $300.00 I could buy a Ruger P95 and have the support of a known good company standing behind it.

jp3975
05-21-2011, 00:21
I'll take back my rolleyes. I agree, when you're talking about Nixon going to China, it's one thing, but Arab countries keep their populations illiterate and feed them on anti-Semitic and anti-Western drivel regardless of how much money they have.

Maybe 50 years from now things will be different, but with our wonderful hussein obama now encouraging them destroy Western Civilization, we won't see any improvement for a few years.

Either way, I think it's a silly pistol that has so little support that you can't even find the gun, much less any parts for it. For $300.00 I could buy a Ruger P95 and have the support of a known good company standing behind it.

You're a one pistol man, eh? I collect them myself. I dont have a huge collection, but if the Caracal plays out ive got plenty of others. They have a company in this country that deals with them. I would imagine they will replace anything that breaks should you even have an issue.

You know, im sure there where people like you in the 80's when Glock started.

Take away the country of origin and I dont think there would be a single negative post on here other then about the rear site.

WiskyT
05-21-2011, 08:28
You're a one pistol man, eh? I collect them myself. I dont have a huge collection, but if the Caracal plays out ive got plenty of others. They have a company in this country that deals with them. I would imagine they will replace anything that breaks should you even have an issue.

You know, im sure there where people like you in the 80's when Glock started.

Take away the country of origin and I dont think there would be a single negative post on here other then about the rear site.

Not at all. I have lots of different guns/types. I have guns that do the same thing a Caracal does, so I wouldn't buy one, or any other gun like it since I'm already covered in that area.

But, if I didn't have a hi-cap service type gun and needed one, I could come up with many different choices that are cheaper or made in the USA and have decades of proven service and support.

As far as Caracal support, the last time I checked the importer's website, they didn't have much to say about the thing or when it was coming. That was maybe 6 months ago. They had been "coming soon" for a long time but they weren't materializing. Very Boberg/Bren etc.

As a curiosity for someone who likes them, go for it. People buy lots of guns like that.

WiskyT
05-21-2011, 08:31
Here is the Waffen Werks website. It's not very encouraging.

http://www.waffenwerks.com/

Ebb27
05-21-2011, 10:34
Well there is a downside to selling a gun for a "cheap" price.

Right or wrong people naturally think anything "cheap" is inferior and will get a higher priced gun because they think it's better.

Look at the CZs when they were selling for $300 or 400 no one gave them a second glance, now that the prices are up in the $500 range they get the respect they're due.

Or the HS 2000 nobody even noticed them until Springfield took over and jacked the price up a couple hundred dollars and started calling them the XD.

Pricing the Caracal in the $300 range would have just made people think it was some cheapo clunker they couldn't trust their life to.

WiskyT
05-21-2011, 11:36
Well there is a downside to selling a gun for a "cheap" price.

Right or wrong people naturally think anything "cheap" is inferior and will get a higher priced gun because they think it's better.

Look at the CZs when they were selling for $300 or 400 no one gave them a second glance, now that the prices are up in the $500 range they get the respect they're due.

Or the HS 2000 nobody even noticed them until Springfield took over and jacked the price up a couple hundred dollars and started calling them the XD.

Pricing the Caracal in the $300 range would have just made people think it was some cheapo clunker they couldn't trust their life to.

RIA and many companies sell budget priced guns that get recognized as a value. The demand sets in and then the price goes up. Think about Norinco, they did the same thing a few decades back. People would buy them for $300.00 and if they are a good gun with support, others would buy them and Caracal could then increase the price.

Ebb27
05-21-2011, 13:07
RIA and many companies sell budget priced guns that get recognized as a value. The demand sets in and then the price goes up. Think about Norinco, they did the same thing a few decades back. People would buy them for $300.00 and if they are a good gun with support, others would buy them and Caracal could then increase the price.

Yeah but they still get a reputation as cheap filipino knock-offs or cheap foreign made copies for people that can't afford the real thing.

Look at Rugers they're good guns at a good price but people consider them second rate and the only reason is they're less expensive.

Sure people would buy them and get a great deal for $300 but it would relegate the Caracal to being considered one of those second rate guns like a Taurus or a Ruger or one those cheap knock-offs of a real gun.

Just something for bargain hunters or people who can't afford better.

WiskyT
05-21-2011, 15:05
Yeah but they still get a reputation as cheap filipino knock-offs or cheap foreign made copies for people that can't afford the real thing.

Look at Rugers they're good guns at a good price but people consider them second rate and the only reason is they're less expensive.

Sure people would buy them and get a great deal for $300 but it would relegate the Caracal to being considered one of those second rate guns like a Taurus or a Ruger or one those cheap knock-offs of a real gun.

Just something for bargain hunters or people who can't afford better.

You're talking about status whores. There will always be that. I don't know how to market a product, I only know that RIA and it's "second rate reputation" have made a lot more money that Caracal and they at least have a website. Wehn they sell as many Caracals as Ruger has sold $300.00 P95's, or made the same profit, we can examine it a little better.

Hey, my $60.00 Fossil is going on it's tweflth year and is still on it's second battery. Maybe that's second rate. I do know what time it is and I saved a thousand dollars on a "better" watch. They are also very popular, just like cheap "filipino knock-offs".

.45Super-Man
05-21-2011, 15:21

And you were right!:embarassed:

.45Super-Man
05-21-2011, 15:25
For those of you who wont by a gun from a "towel head" I hope youre not frequenting gas stations.

This thread was asking whos' tried out the Caracal. I dont care to know that you wont buy the gun because you hate Arabs.

As for me, I dont care who built a gun. I'll buy whatever model strikes my fancy. Be it American, Austrian, Polish, Russian, German, UAE, etc...I dont care where it comes from.

Yea dont buy anything from the "towelheads", give the Germans and Russians your money! Hell, they never did anything to anyone, did they??:faint:

joecoastie
05-21-2011, 17:33

So I'm guessing you ride a bicycle everywhere? :upeyes:

fnfalman
05-21-2011, 18:53
Rugers are second rate NOT because of their prices but because of the abhorent fit and finish.

fnfalman
05-21-2011, 18:55

Not if the poster is white. If the poster were black, brown, red or yellow, then it would have been a racist statement.

You can't be "racist" against your own skin color. Once again, Arabians are considered to be Caucasians.

Ebb27
05-21-2011, 19:15
You're talking about status whores. There will always be that. I don't know how to market a product, I only know that RIA and it's "second rate reputation" have made a lot more money that Caracal and they at least have a website. Wehn they sell as many Caracals as Ruger has sold $300.00 P95's, or made the same profit, we can examine it a little better.

Hey, my $60.00 Fossil is going on it's tweflth year and is still on it's second battery. Maybe that's second rate. I do know what time it is and I saved a thousand dollars on a "better" watch. They are also very popular, just like cheap "filipino knock-offs".

Oh don't get me wrong I realize it's just a status symbol thing and you can get a lot of decent guns for low prices.

Just saying that they're taking a different strategy and trying to establish themselves as a high quality pistol rather than a low cost alternative.

Now maybe undercutting the competition's price might be a good strategy but then again if they do establish themselves as a "quality" gun and people pay the higher prices they will have a much higher profit margin on the pistols they do sell.

MrVvrroomm
05-21-2011, 21:43
Shot the Caracal Match today at ORSA in Oak Ridge, TN.

We put over 21,000 rounds through 12 Caracal pistols. Nothing broke that I'm aware of. There were no pistols taken out of service.

We had to cool them down like this:

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y148/MrVvrroomm/Shoot/caracal_ice.jpg

A huge thanks goes out to ORSA members who organized and RO'd, Caracal USA for providing the pistols and ammo, and Blade-Tech and 5.11 for providing a table full of prizes.

Over $10K in cash and prizes went out tonight! Great match!

Comedian
05-22-2011, 00:24

This.

jp3975
05-22-2011, 01:57

We put over 21,000 rounds through 12 Caracal pistols. Nothing broke that I'm aware of. There were no pistols taken out of service.

A huge thanks goes out to ORSA members who organized and RO'd, Caracal USA for providing the pistols and ammo, and Blade-Tech and 5.11 for providing a table full of prizes.

Wow...thanks so much for the input.

Any thoughts on the gun itself? Likes/complaints?

This may have sold me on getting one when funds are available.

Gary1911A1
05-22-2011, 05:32

Wish there was events like this around where I live.

WiskyT
05-22-2011, 05:55

So after shooting roughly 2,000 rounds of ammo throughout the day in each gun, the only way to cool them down was to use an ice bath? Or are you just trying to make it look like you guys were doing something extraordinary here?:upeyes:

checkyoursix
05-22-2011, 06:52
Can we keep this forum focused on firearms? There is the lounge for general conversations.

WiskyT
05-22-2011, 07:07
Can we keep this forum focused on firearms? There is the lounge for general conversations.

We're discussing the Caracal pistols, what are you talking about?

madecov
05-22-2011, 10:22
What does this gun offer that the Glock,XD,Walther,M&P, FN, and the other polymer handguns doesn't? I still don't feel the need to give Islamic nations any more of my money than I absolutely have to. I also do not own any chinese or soviet guns.

fnfalman
05-22-2011, 18:16
What does this gun offer that the Glock,XD,Walther,M&P, FN, and the other polymer handguns doesn't?

It gives the prospective shooter another option.

I still don't feel the need to give Islamic nations any more of my money than I absolutely have to. I also do not own any chinese or soviet guns.

Ain't that cute?

fnfalman
05-22-2011, 18:18
Yeah, but it's only $550.00:rofl:

I don't think that I'm willing to pay that much for it. Maybe $450 or at most $500. One thing for sure, it looks clean and purposeful. Doesn't have all the stupid unnecessary serrations, levers, et al.

txgunguy
05-22-2011, 18:25

I'll drink a beer to that.

MrVvrroomm
05-22-2011, 21:44
So after shooting roughly 2,000 rounds of ammo throughout the day in each gun, the only way to cool them down was to use an ice bath? Or are you just trying to make it look like you guys were doing something extraordinary here?:upeyes:
5 courses of fire, 1 course set up for a side match steel course = 12 pistols. 8 of them were the Caracal F (full size), the other 4 were the Caracal C (compact, about the same size as a Glock 19).

Nearly 180 shooters starting at 9am shooting through 6pm. The outside temp was around 87, the skies were sunny.

The steel courses were 4 runs per shooter, 5 plates per course. After 4 or 5 consecutive shooters, when the RO would say, "load and make ready" the slides were too hot to touch for more than a second or two.

This is not unique to Caracal pistols, it's simple physics. :upeyes:

denn1911
05-22-2011, 22:15
Seeing this thread is the first time that I've heard of this pistol. There isn't anyone talking about them around my neck of the woods. It's interesting but doesn't seem worth $550 in my opinion.

WiskyT
05-23-2011, 03:20
5 courses of fire, 1 course set up for a side match steel course = 12 pistols. 8 of them were the Caracal F (full size), the other 4 were the Caracal C (compact, about the same size as a Glock 19).

Nearly 180 shooters starting at 9am shooting through 6pm. The outside temp was around 87, the skies were sunny.

The steel courses were 4 runs per shooter, 5 plates per course. After 4 or 5 consecutive shooters, when the RO would say, "load and make ready" the slides were too hot to touch for more than a second or two.

This is not unique to Caracal pistols, it's simple physics. :upeyes:

Oh, okay So after 20-30 shots per shooter, and then a break to switch shooters and load mags, you need a cooler full of ice? Are we talking about a belt fed version of a Caracal here?

ETA::upeyes:

.45Super-Man
05-23-2011, 05:32
Why dont you ease up on the reigns a bit??:upeyes:

Comedian
05-23-2011, 06:05
Oh, okay So after 20-30 shots per shooter, and then a break to switch shooters and load mags, you need a cooler full of ice? Are we talking about a belt fed version of a Caracal here?

ETA::upeyes:

Your a real sweetheart.

MrVvrroomm
05-23-2011, 06:29
Alright WhiskeyT, the next time there's a match (if you've ever shot one) let's use your gun, no one elses, for all the shooters.

You obviously can't comprehend this. There were many, many, many magazines loaded and ready to go. These pistols were basically non-stop running. This didn't seem to cause any functional issues as far as I could tell. What it DID cause is the pistols being hard to handle with bare hands.

I didn't see too many "Tactical-glove-wearing-ninja-operators" which is obviously how you roll.

Get out from behind that keyboard and actually shoot a match or two this summer. And while you're at it, get over yourself.

american lockpicker
05-23-2011, 09:12
I've heard of water being used to cool a Glock 18 before.

Gary1911A1
05-23-2011, 09:28
I bet with time the price of $550 will come down some. If nothing else some used ones will likely appear on the market. MrV, wish I could of attended your event so I could of tried one.

checkyoursix
05-23-2011, 09:48
We're discussing the Caracal pistols, what are you talking about?

I was referring to the anti-arab rants.

WiskyT
05-23-2011, 17:24
Alright WhiskeyT, the next time there's a match (if you've ever shot one) let's use your gun, no one elses, for all the shooters.

You obviously can't comprehend this. There were many, many, many magazines loaded and ready to go. These pistols were basically non-stop running. This didn't seem to cause any functional issues as far as I could tell. What it DID cause is the pistols being hard to handle with bare hands.

I didn't see too many "Tactical-glove-wearing-ninja-operators" which is obviously how you roll.

Get out from behind that keyboard and actually shoot a match or two this summer. And while you're at it, get over yourself.

A couple of points, I have shot matches. I do shoot a lot. I've shot plate matches and with all the getting shooters on the line, recording scores, etc. it is not that big of a deal.

BUT, you and others are correct, I should have been a little less sarcastic, okay a lot less sarcastic in making my point.

KevlarSix
09-24-2011, 02:42
Pistol from UAE, an Arab country in the Middle East
Friends of America in the Middle East are welcome
Valuable allies in the Middle East on the War Against Terror
UAE hosting US Air Force 380th Air Expeditionary Wing at Al Dhafra Air Base

american lockpicker
09-24-2011, 06:48
Where can you order one online at?

CBennett
09-24-2011, 06:54

Why? Glocks grips suck only Glock that feels ok in my hand is the 36 so id give a different grip a try over a Glock.

WiskyT
09-24-2011, 07:12

Hopefully bho won't inpire local fundamentalists to overthrow the pro-Western govt. and set up sharia law.

KevlarSix
09-24-2011, 07:20
Where can you order one online at?
Check Gunbroker

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=252353913

MrVvrroomm
09-24-2011, 07:39
Where can you order one online at?http://shootersconnectionstore.com/Search.aspx?k=caracal

american lockpicker
09-25-2011, 17:02
http://shootersconnectionstore.com/Search.aspx?k=caracal

Great price, when will it be available in .40?

MrVvrroomm
09-25-2011, 19:06
Great price, when will it be available in .40?I have heard of no plans for them in .40

american lockpicker
09-26-2011, 08:55
I have heard of no plans for them in .40

I heard long ago it would be in 40, 5.7, 4.6 and 45(I think.) Let me see if I can find a link...

american lockpicker
09-26-2011, 09:12
I heard long ago it would be in 40, 5.7, 4.6 and 45(I think.) Let me see if I can find a link...

9x19 Luger, 9x21 IMI, .357SIG, .40SW

http://world.guns.ru/handguns/hg/uae/caracal-e.html

The manufacturer offers this pistol in 9mm Luger, 9x21mm IMI, .357 SIG and .40 Smith & Wesson.

http://thefiringline.com/forums/showthread.php?t=289746

A version of the Caracal adapted to high velocity ammunition like the 4.6x30mm used in the Heckler & Koch MP7 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heckler_%26_Koch_MP7) and the 5.7x28mm used in the FN P90 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FN_P90) and the FN Five Seven (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FN_Five-seven) would be under development.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caracal_pistol

Big Dave S.
09-26-2011, 20:38
Are they still being imported? Haven't heard much from them lately.

crazymoose
09-26-2011, 22:30

Look at the bright side, the Arabs that take U.S. dollars and live extravagant lives make the extremists even angrier than all of us infidels who live this way.

WiskyT
09-27-2011, 19:56
Look at the bright side, the Arabs that take U.S. dollars and live extravagant lives make the extremists even angrier than all of us infidels who live this way.

Unfortunately, the oil sheiks spend some of their money directing the extremists at us through propaganda. They are the ones who fund the madrasas.

.45Super-Man
09-27-2011, 20:23
This whole slant against the UAE is laughable. I'd expect those against UAE products must be seething at anything german made! History never forgets, but people sure do.

nathanours
09-28-2011, 16:02

Arabs are considered Caucasians, and unless he has issues with all Caucasians in general, the he is not racist. And no, it in no way falls under the racism category. You should really educate yourself before making such claims. Fnfalman said it perfectly.

KevlarSix
10-17-2011, 03:08
Caracal C and Glock 19 side by side comparison

http://www.caracalforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=146

Bushflyr
10-17-2011, 10:07
Very interesting sight setup on this one. I'm not sure how well I'd like it, but definitely would give it a try.

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/3281/dsc00918kl.jpg

I've owned a few of the Steyr M and S guns and they are phenomenal. Several steps ahead of Glock in terms of trigger and ergonomics. If the Caracal is even remotely similar it'll be a great buy. Really, people pay crazy money for H&K and most of their handguns are ergonomic disasters.

USDefender
10-17-2011, 14:47

+1, and I would add that it was a born-and-bred American Citizen who blew up the Murrow Federal Building in Oklahoma City...

That said, this gun isn't all that bad-looking, imo. But I refuse to be the first to buy anything. I'll wait a while and see how many people start to whine about it's reliability, or lack there of, on Glock Talk before I consider laying money down. And, oh yes, THEY WILL WHINE... (i.e. all the Gen4 rants). :upeyes:

jp3975
01-30-2012, 14:05
Thought Id resurrect this thread.

Anyone else pick up one?

Im either getting one of these or a Walther PPQ next.

MrVvrroomm
01-30-2012, 18:36
I'm getting a second one this week.

8th ID
01-31-2012, 08:35
Thought Id resurrect this thread.

Anyone else pick up one?

Im either getting one of these or a Walther PPQ next.

I have a Caracal C and a PPQ. Love them both. My PPQ and My Gen4 G19 are my EDC. YES GEN4 G19!!

Anyway, I've only put a couple hundred through the Caracal. But it feels great and the trigger rivals the PPQ!!! As soon as I get some more rounds through it, it will be in the EDC rotation and do some IDPA shooting. Blade-Tech makes a nice holster for the Caracals. Got mine yesterday!!

tango44
01-31-2012, 10:15
I can get a Glock for $550!

Tim151515
01-31-2012, 10:39
it just looks like a steyr m9 w/o finger grooves to me.

jwhite75
01-31-2012, 11:04
I've fired one. They are nice. But if you've fired a Glock, you've fired one of these. The grip is a little different feeling, but not much.

Internally, it's very much like a Glock. A lot like one.

Not so and here is proof.:whistling:

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=271884682

jp3975
01-31-2012, 19:01
I have a Caracal C and a PPQ. Love them both. My PPQ and My Gen4 G19 are my EDC. YES GEN4 G19!!

Anyway, I've only put a couple hundred through the Caracal. But it feels great and the trigger rivals the PPQ!!! As soon as I get some more rounds through it, it will be in the EDC rotation and do some IDPA shooting. Blade-Tech makes a nice holster for the Caracals. Got mine yesterday!!

Great to hear. I was wondering about which pistol had the better trigger.

Im having a hard time making my mind up. If you didnt have the Caracal or PPQ, which would you buy first?

What kind of sites do you have? Are aftermarket ones available?

stmcelroy
01-31-2012, 19:25
Are aftermarket ones available?

My new Caracal F should be here on Thursday, can't wait to try it out.

For the time being the only sight that can easily be replaced is the front, the rear is part of the upper.

Bob Hafler
01-31-2012, 19:40
So this is the next latest and greatest pistol. I have "0" interest in this pistol.