BCM Bolt Carrier Question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : BCM Bolt Carrier Question

Poolman21
05-12-2011, 21:18
I bought a used BCM upper and the bolt carrier doesn't have the white BCM lettering that I see on other BCM bolts. Does anyone know if they make/made them without the white lettering? Also, is there any other way to tell if it is actually a BCM BCG? I'm hoping the seller didn't pull a fast one on me and keep the BCM BCG and give me something cheaper. The gas key is properly staked.

Thanks for your help.

BBJones
05-12-2011, 21:33
BCM did sell unmarked BCG's. I know of no way to tell if yours is authentic or not.

This is why everyone is now marking them.

ArmaGlock
05-13-2011, 00:29
Try calling BCM to see if there is a way to identify it as theirs.

zhix
05-13-2011, 06:54
If it looks to be properly staked I wouldn't much worry about it.

FYI Colt BCGs are marked with a C, CMT/Stag are marked CMT, and DPMS are said to be stamped TC.

A Stag SBR I have has a BCG with grooves/pitting type marks in the metal, which I have never seen on other Colt,BMI,CMT, etc. carrier groups.

jbremount
05-13-2011, 07:17
Who makes BCM's bolt carriers?

thisaway
05-13-2011, 09:38
IIRC, DPMS bolts & carriers are marked with a large "D", and RRA carriers are marked with a large "R". BCM does sell BCGs without their logo, so it is likely whomever sold you the upper also sold you the BCM BCG.

DPris
05-13-2011, 14:22
Thought I saw an un-marked carrier on BCM's website a few days ago.
Did you look there?

I just got a charging handle from 'em & frankly would prefer not to have their billboards on my guns.
Nothing against the company, I just don't need white printing showing up here & there. :)
Denis

Jack Black
05-13-2011, 14:33
Thought I saw an un-marked carrier on BCM's website a few days ago.
Did you look there?

I just got a charging handle from 'em & frankly would prefer not to have their billboards on my guns.
Nothing against the company, I just don't need white printing showing up here & there. :)
Denis

If you buy a bolt carrier separately it's unmarked, but if you buy a complete bolt carrier group it has the BCM logo. Same thing with the upper receivers. A stripped upper is umarked, but a completed upper has the logo. I think it's so you can't put any old cheap parts with them and call them a BCM upper/bolt.

DPris
05-13-2011, 14:39
OK, just had a memory of passing an un-marked carrier while wandering through.
Thanks.
Denis