LA/Hollywood people - help! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : LA/Hollywood people - help!

Sharky7
05-13-2011, 09:46
I got 2 more days on vacation out here, any good suggestions on stuff to do?

Btw- traffic out here is nuts. I thought Chicago was bad. Everyone drives like a dbag on a mission. Motorcycles are nuts, whose bright idea to let them share lanes with cars and drive between lanes. I've almost swiped a few of them already. In Hollywood, seems like there is a fine line between being trendy and looking homeless.

Going to universal today and try to check out the Hollywood sign up close later. Did the tar pits and Tokyo town in la yesterday.

Gator Monroe
05-13-2011, 09:50
Drive to Newport Beach / Balboa Island & pay to cruise Harbor in the Electric "Dinner Cruise Boats" ! & visit Knotts Berry Farm on earlier part of day .

DaBigBR
05-13-2011, 12:16
Have you gone for a ride anywhere yet? At least one member from that area has posted a standing offer for that.

EOD3
05-13-2011, 13:17
If you have time, and the inclination, a trip South to the San Diego zoo is worth the effort. If you're a roller-coaster junkie, there is a Six Flags a few miles North on I-5.

SAR
05-13-2011, 13:28
If you have time, and the inclination, a trip South to the San Diego zoo is worth the effort. If you're a roller-coaster junkie, there is a Six Flags a few miles North on I-5.

Man, don't send a brotha to Six Gangs, Tragic Mountain... :rofl:

I am in Hollywood. If you have already seen Hollywood and Highland, maybe you wanna go drive to Beverly Hills and check out Rodeo Drive. If you keep going west on Sunset Boulevard, you will hit Pacific Coast Highway and going north is a scenic drive.

The Hollywood Sign is hard to find because the locals hate the tourist traffic and they removed many of the street signs. Go north on Beachwood to Ledgewood. Go past Rodgerton and turn right on Deronda. Go to the dead end.

If i had a little notice I could have rolled out the red carpet for ya...

EOD3
05-13-2011, 13:38

I am in Hollywood. If you have already seen Hollywood and Highland, maybe you wanna go drive to Beverly Hills and check out Rodeo Drive. If you keep going west on Sunset Boulevard, you will hit Pacific Coast Highway and going north is a scenic drive.

The Hollywood Sign is hard to find because the locals hate the tourist traffic and they removed many of the street signs. Go north on Beachwood to Ledgewood. Go past Rodgerton and turn right on Deronda. Go to the dead end.

I thought about suggesting Knott's but I figured he tak an extra couple of days to hunt me down...

Sharky7
05-13-2011, 15:01

D

We checked out the hills a bit. Drove through on the way to a hiking trail the other day. Hit up Venice beach and the canals the other day, what a freak show. Did the rodeo drive thing too, thankfully she rid not buy too much.

Thanks for the tip on the Hollywood sign, well check it out tonight. We went to the tosh.0 taping last night, that was cool.

Sharky7
05-13-2011, 16:10
Have you gone for a ride anywhere yet? At least one member from that area has posted a standing offer for that.

That would be a lot of fun, but the mrs sharky would kill me. Probably next year, I plan to make it out again,