Recent Build: Noveske & Palmetto [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Recent Build: Noveske & Palmetto

ScrapMetal
05-14-2011, 20:36
Hello all,

I just recently finished up a build for a friend. He was looking for a basic set up, and this is what we ended up with:

Noveske N4 Light 14.5" NON NFA barrel w/vortex flash hider
Palmetto State Armory Lower
Palmetto State Armory MOE LPK
Palmetto State Armory H2 buffer and spring
Magpul MOE midlength handguards
Magpul UBR stock
Magpul MBUS Gen II
4 Magpul PMAGs (30 round)
1 Magpul PMAG (20 round)
2 USGI mags (30 rounds)
4oz bottle of Slip2000
Hoppe's Bore Snake

I got everything from Palmetto State Armory and DSG Arms. With LE discounts the total was $1,255 for everything.

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i427/ScrapMetal762/noveske2.jpg

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i427/ScrapMetal762/noveske1.jpg

djegators
05-14-2011, 20:48
Congrats, looks like a very nice build.

Randy from Kansas
05-14-2011, 21:59
Very nice build you have and you have done a good job putting it together and selecting the parts. And your pictures are very good too.

mjkeat
05-15-2011, 11:07
Good looking rifle at a dang good price.

RMTactical
05-15-2011, 21:48
Congrats. It's beautiful.

woclimit2008
05-16-2011, 06:30
Great looking rifle? How do you like the UBR? I have been thinking of one of these for my rifle, but don't want to spend the dough, and find out afterwards I wasted my money.

ScrapMetal
05-17-2011, 19:38
Great looking rifle? How do you like the UBR? I have been thinking of one of these for my rifle, but don't want to spend the dough, and find out afterwards I wasted my money.

I personally love the UBR. I have 2 UBR's on 2 of my rifles. My friend (who I put this one together for) tried out different stocks and decided he wanted a UBR, so that is what we went with. It's a little "rear end" heavy but it makes the front seem very light.

DUKFVR
05-17-2011, 21:40
VERY Nice! Love a build like that!!:cool:

MadMonkey
05-17-2011, 21:53
A few hours ago I order an MOE lower build kit, a Classic build kit and a stripped lower from Palmetto... this is my first attempt, and seeing a good-looking one completed makes me happy :embarassed:

ScrapMetal
05-18-2011, 08:54
A few hours ago I order an MOE lower build kit, a Classic build kit and a stripped lower from Palmetto... this is my first attempt, and seeing a good-looking one completed makes me happy :embarassed:

Mad....the Palmetto stripped lowers are great! I bought 2 of them myself, and they are just sitting in my safe awaiting parts. I put this one together without a hitch. You'll be a happy camper for sure!

Glock27NY
05-18-2011, 10:17
Very nice, clean and simple. Love it

bmoore
05-18-2011, 11:08
Very nice rifle. Looks clean, sharp and not a bunch of junk hanging all over.

MadMonkey
05-18-2011, 11:11
Mad....the Palmetto stripped lowers are great! I bought 2 of them myself, and they are just sitting in my safe awaiting parts. I put this one together without a hitch. You'll be a happy camper for sure!

That eases my mind a bit... I don't know anything about them, and I was hoping they were decent :wavey:

Know anything about Surplus Arms & Ammo? My FFL stocks their stripped lowers for $89...

ScrapMetal
05-18-2011, 14:05
That eases my mind a bit... I don't know anything about them, and I was hoping they were decent :wavey:

Know anything about Surplus Arms & Ammo? My FFL stocks their stripped lowers for $89...

Hmmm I do not. As long as the lower is "in-spec" I don't think you can go wrong. I don't really mind what the lower/roll mark is, as long as it goes together. I got 3 of the Palmetto stripped lowers when they were 64.95 shipped a piece a few months ago. I just took a chance on them for that price, and they work just fine for me.

MadMonkey
05-18-2011, 14:18
Hmmm I do not. As long as the lower is "in-spec" I don't think you can go wrong. I don't really mind what the lower/roll mark is, as long as it goes together. I got 3 of the Palmetto stripped lowers when they were 64.95 shipped a piece a few months ago. I just took a chance on them for that price, and they work just fine for me.

If they go down to $65 again, I'll order three myself...

I'll do more research on the SAA receivers. Thanks for the info :wavey:

SCROOGE McDUCK
05-18-2011, 19:19
:thumbsup: Very nice looking rifle.

KalashniKEV
05-20-2011, 18:04
Can you show that tac weld on the Vortex? The one on the Ranier Arms website is all discolored and nasty... looks like 4 days after a smallpox vaccination.

I assume that's a heavy coat of CLP on the front end as well?

ScrapMetal
05-22-2011, 17:37
Can you show that tac weld on the Vortex? The one on the Ranier Arms website is all discolored and nasty... looks like 4 days after a smallpox vaccination.

I assume that's a heavy coat of CLP on the front end as well?

The tac weld looks a little discolored but not booger'd up. I don't have the rifle anylonger, I built that one for a friend. I'll see if he can take some pics for ya.

That was right out of the box, and it had a light coat of some sort of oil. We zeroed it last week. For a plain jane Noveske, I was very impressed.

KalashniKEV
05-22-2011, 18:33
That's cool... I'd appreciate it!

I kind of want one, for no reason.... although now that I think of it, there's a niche to be filled between my 11.5" and my Noveske Light Recce...