Coronado Leather Belts [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Coronado Leather Belts

JKDmop
05-15-2011, 06:25
I noticed they are having a sale 39-55 dollars for gun belts (depending in whether you get calfskin leather or bison). Seems like a good price if the belts are good. Anyone have any experience with them?

NMG26
05-15-2011, 06:41
Link?

JKDmop
05-15-2011, 06:45
Link?

I got the link off the list of holster makers in the sticky. I was bored at work and just checking out some of the companies. Anyone tried these?

www.coronadoleather.com

IndyGunFreak
05-15-2011, 07:07
The fact that it's polymer reinforced, I might be willing to try it, it's still gonna come down to the quality of work though, and I just don't have any experience w/ Coronado (I'm a creature of habit).......

If thats your price range though, I'd seriously consider an Aker B21. Excellent leather belt in that price range, and one you'll find widely recommended on gun forums as a "cheap gun belt".

http://www.akerleather.com/off-duty-belts.php?cat=off-duty-concealed-carry-gunbelt&name=Concealed+Carry+Gunbelt

GT'er pesty3782 is apparently an Aker Dealer, and was offering discounts to GT'ers... so I'd send him a PM and see if he can still help you out, and what your cost on the belt would be. (A GT'er I trust got a holster through him w/o hassle... so thats good enough for me)...

http://glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1057049

beforeobamabans
05-15-2011, 07:35
The double layer holster belt is $85 which puts you into Beltman range and makes the choice easy AFAIK. The Coronado does include reinforcement which is a plus but the backing layer is only 4oz. It looks to me like it will work fine but, again, I have to ask, why take a chance when you can buy a well-proven product that many consider the best on the market. I am admittedly biased as I own five of them.

JKDmop
05-16-2011, 11:22
indygunfreak:
Aker looks like a good option for a dress belt. I was more looking for an everyday belt. But thanks for the tip on the Aker discounts.

beforeobamobans:
I am aware that Beltman belts are the standard of gun belts but I was wondering if anyone had tried this company.