SW Gov [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : SW Gov

8th SPS USAF
05-15-2011, 10:05
Anyone handle the new Gov? 410/45LC/45acp Thanks

ArtCrafter
06-25-2011, 17:38
I looked at one in a local shop about a week ago. Kinda spendy at $619 or so, and not really my thing. Like its Taurus progenitor, the Judge series, the S&W Governor seems to be answer in search of a question.

I suppose one or the other would be "ideal" for snakes and such, except for one thing: It's at least as easy - and a whole lot cheaper - to simply sidestep the varmint. In most cases, it also makes better ecological sense.

OTOH, if you find yourself falling under a Zombie Snake Invasion, and the vermin are taking up residence in or around your abode, the case could be made that you could do a whole lot worse than 'clean house' with a S&W Governor and a case of .410 target loads.

I would certainly choose the S&W over the Taurus 'equivalent,' even at higher cost. Like they say, "You get what you pay for..."

HTH :wavey:

G33
08-02-2011, 14:10
Saw and held one today.
Felt much better than the Judge.
Anyone have one yet?

:wavey::wavey:

the perfesser
08-02-2011, 21:08
The article in the recent Guns and Ammo notes that the Gov also shoots .45GAP; thus it would -- (joke coming) -- be an excellent back-up tool for all of those state police / highway patrol LEOs whose departments insisted on issuing them Glocks in that peculiar caliber.....

G33
08-03-2011, 01:37
See a gap in that logic....
:rofl::wavey: