Two NYPD Cops With History of Pursuing Prostitutes Being Eyed in killings [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Two NYPD Cops With History of Pursuing Prostitutes Being Eyed in killings

TBO
05-15-2011, 13:21
Two NYPD Cops With History of Pursuing Prostitutes Being Eyed in Long Island Killings

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/05/15/nypd-cops-history-hooker-trouble-eyed-long-island-killings/

-----------------

1 Current Cop, 1 former

seanmac45
05-15-2011, 13:38
This ought to prove interesting.......................

Dragoon44
05-15-2011, 14:16
After reading the article it should have been titled "Investigators have no clue who the Long Island killer is."

Next up, Police looking at rappers that rap about ho's.

4949shooter
05-15-2011, 14:22
Well, there goes the theory that TBO only posts pro-LE threads.

What is this world coming to?

Dragoon44
05-15-2011, 14:29
Well, there goes the theory that TBO only posts pro-LE threads.

What is this world coming to?

Obviously someone has hacked TBO's account. we will no for sure when he starts posting stories of Glorious OC victories where the Oc'er got a huge settlement (2,500 dollars and his lawyer got the rest).

:rofl::rofl:

4949shooter
05-15-2011, 14:31
:rofl: :rofl: :animlol:

A6Gator
05-15-2011, 14:39
The other officer still works for the NYPD but was stripped of his gun and badge years ago because he allegedly assaulted a prostitute and got arrested during a sting operation.

The woman complained to police supervisors about the officer but no criminal charges were filed and an internal probe went nowhere, sources said.

The patrolman was allowed to return to the force, they said, though he was placed on modified duty -- transferred to a paper-pushing job in Manhattan where he's not allowed to make arrests or respond to emergencies.

YGTBSM. What is this?

This seems a lot like the teacher thing in NYC where crappy teachers spend their days reading the paper and don't get fired.

It sounds like if he did a press-to-test w/union representation, he'd be okay. I guess if you can make the same money and pension w/out the risk, somebody w/out honor might take the easy way out.

Looks to me like an absence of leadership. No wonder NYC's in the hole...

CAcop
05-15-2011, 16:11
YGTBSM. What is this?

This seems a lot like the teacher thing in NYC where crappy teachers spend their days reading the paper and don't get fired.

It sounds like if he did a press-to-test w/union representation, he'd be okay. I guess if you can make the same money and pension w/out the risk, somebody w/out honor might take the easy way out.

I always say lazy union workers are the fault of lazy managers.

They could fire him. He could get his job back. The fight could cost a lot of money.

They might figure it is better to just let him stay and get paid to do very little. It of course makes less work for them.

Ajon412
05-15-2011, 16:14
After reading the article it should have been titled "Investigators have no clue who the Long Island killer is."

:rofl::rofl:...But wait. It's on TV and in the news papers, so it MUST be true....:dunno:

Sam Spade
05-15-2011, 16:38
That's the second leak like this. Interesting, for sure.

Patchman
05-15-2011, 17:18
YGTBSM. What is this?

Yeah, that he is still working towards his pension sounds crazy.

But unlike private industry where it's employment at will, with many agencies you need cause to fire someone.

Here, there is no cause. Yes, a woman complained to his supervisors (about something) but no criminal charges were ever filed. IA investigated and nothing came of it.

On the surface, there's no cause to fire the guy.

Actually somebody with some balls made a hard decision that he probably knew would be controversial. Sure the guy continues to get paid but the agency decided to bench him. You can't fire him and IA found nothing. So technically the guy is eligible to demand his gun and badge back.

Patchman
05-15-2011, 17:22
I remember reading last week that the police believe there were 3 separate killers involved.

And IIRC, the police still has not found the woman (or her body) they initially set out to find, which started all this.

Dragoon44
05-15-2011, 17:32
I remember reading last week that the police believe there were 3 separate killers involved.

And IIRC, the police still has not found the woman (or her body) they initially set out to find, which started all this.

So there is a third ex cop somewhere they need to be eyeing??

:rofl:

Patchman
05-15-2011, 17:47
Lets be equal opportunity minded. The third killer is a rapper or ex-rapper.

I can just see the detectives listening to every rap song ever recorded about prostitutes, going back to when the killing is believe to have started, and trying to determine if any of the lyrics might indicate knowledge of the crime.

txleapd
05-15-2011, 18:32
I always say lazy union workers are the fault of lazy managers.

They could fire him. He could get his job back. The fight could cost a lot of money.

They might figure it is better to just let him stay and get paid to do very little. It of course makes less work for them.

"'They couldn't prove anything, but they didn't trust him,' said one source."

That's basically what it boils down to... They know the guy is dirty, buy they just can't prove it. The best they could do is strip him of all powers, and make him nothing more than a glorified secretary. I'm sure the guy deserves to have been thrown out on his backside, but they probably did the best with what they had.

I have nothing but disdain for dirty cops, and don't want them anywhere near a badge. They are scumbags who make us all look bad, and cause people to distrust us.

I also have first hand experience of being thrown to the wolves by a corrupt administration. I didn't do anything wrong, but the outcome wasn't politically appealing. So they tried every means (even some illegal ones) to get rid of me. Civil service protections did what they are supposed to. I went through hell, but years later I still have my career.

For every dirtbag, there are dozens (if not hundreds) of good cops who benefit from these protections.

50 Cent
05-15-2011, 21:14

:goodpost:

razdog76
05-15-2011, 21:19
Obviously someone has hacked TBO's account. we will no for sure when he starts posting stories of Glorious OC victories where the Oc'er got a huge settlement (2,500 dollars and his lawyer got the rest).

:rofl::rofl:

Strange, the usual peanut gallery is quiet so far.:whistling:

fla2760
05-17-2011, 00:01

+1, here is a thread over at THEE RANT on this.

http://theerant.yuku.com/topic/41235/Two-NYPD-cops--history--trouble--eyed--LI-killings

steveksux
05-17-2011, 02:59
Strange, the usual peanut gallery is quiet so far.:whistling:One OCer could have prevented that. (a quiet peanut gallery)

Randy

Sharky7
05-17-2011, 10:54
Officers who leak information like this to the media are dirtbags. Let the investigation play out - don't "tip our hats", it complicates and compromises the investigation. Leaking information like this does a disservice to every one of those victims and each of their families.

1 old 0311
05-17-2011, 13:13
When this first came out there was talk that it MAY have been a LEO involvement because of how clean the crime areas were.

EOD3
05-17-2011, 18:39
That's the second leak like this. Interesting, for sure.

Someone that's been passed-over for promotion and has an axe in need of sharpening? I don't "hate" a snitch but I think they're pretty high on the scum-scale.