Garrett Industries Silent Thunder IWB [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Garrett Industries Silent Thunder IWB

WTM45
05-15-2011, 15:10
Thinking of the "Slim" model for a G19, and would occasionally use it with a G26.
Would you go with a Standard IWB, or the SH Slim?

Experiences? Opinions?

Caver 60
05-15-2011, 20:49
Don't know a thing about them. Here's a link.

http://www.giholsters.com/

WTM45
05-16-2011, 09:18
Thanks, but I have the link.
Looking for feedback from current owners/users.

Vanman2004b
05-16-2011, 14:35
I had a Silent Thunder for a Tarus 709. Sold it and the gun. The holster was excellent, I just did not care for the 709. I have a Silent Thunder Slim for my DW CCO. The Slim is thinner and conceals a little better but is a little more difficult to put on and off. My Slim has the standard belt clip, the other one had a slimline clip. I prefer the slimline clip. Both are excellent holsters.

If I was getting another one it would be a Slim with the slimline clip.

Hope this helps.

WTM45
05-16-2011, 15:51
Thanks for the imput!

grubinski
05-19-2011, 20:09
I had two. The kevlar belt clip broke (fatigue at the tight radius at the top), and was replaced. The replacement started to break. I contacted Garret again and they gave me a lecture about how to take the holster on/off the belt properly. None of my other holsters needed such special handling. I sold the one that wasn't broken yet on Ebay, and threw out the other.

They should have a metal clip. It's a nice holster, but I can't be buying a new belt clip for it every 3 months ... especially considering that it's not a cheap (price, anyway) holster.

mikegun
05-22-2011, 12:29
I had two. The kevlar belt clip broke (fatigue at the tight radius at the top), and was replaced. The replacement started to break. I contacted Garret again and they gave me a lecture about how to take the holster on/off the belt properly. None of my other holsters needed such special handling. I sold the one that wasn't broken yet on Ebay, and threw out the other.

They should have a metal clip. It's a nice holster, but I can't be buying a new belt clip for it every 3 months ... especially considering that it's not a cheap (price, anyway) holster.

Good post, i had the exact same problem with this holster, and reached the same conclusion, and still they will not use metal, to my knowledge...sad as it is a good company..

BLau
05-23-2011, 03:59
I have three of their holsters. Two were from Tucker and the third from Garrett himself. The first two are for my K9 and K40, the third one is for my MP9c. I haven't had any problems yet. I have the K9 and K40 holsters for about a year now, and still on the first set of clips. The MP9c, I've had for about two months.

sndmn11
05-25-2011, 01:05
I think the holster is phenomenal. I have had one for my g30sf for three years. I did break the belt clip after about two months. It was replaced at no cost to me even though it was my fault, and I have not had a single issue since learning how to properly take the holster off. I wear this holster daily either off duty, or on duty with my uniform shirt tucked inbetween the clip and holster body. I love that the holster is kydex, because it keeps my sweat from soaking through the leather onto my slide.

I have also had one for my g19 for about two years and zero issues. I wear that holster when jogging or when I am wearing a suit. Additionally, I own a few of their mag pouches, and love those as well.

Other than safariland, I cannot think of another holster manufacturer I would buy from.