Blue jeans with enough belt loops? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Blue jeans with enough belt loops?

AGAF
05-15-2011, 17:00
What have you all found to be a good blue jean for concealed carry? I really prefer jeans that have more than the standard 5 belt loops for jeans that have 9 belt loops. The only jeans I have found with 9 belt loops are Wranglers, but they are too tight to wear for me. I'm not trying to make a fashion statement, but rather something that is functional for concealed carry.

Nickanto
05-15-2011, 17:03
Cahrhart or Cinch both have more than the standar amount. Not sure how many exactly.

slo5r
05-15-2011, 17:06
All American Made http://www.gussetclothing.com/ . 7 loops on my 34's

Deye76
05-15-2011, 17:12
I wear Cinch, Wrangler, and Levi's. All have 7 loops. I've found the holster and belt to be more of determining factor to successful/comfortable conceal carry than the number of loops on the garment. YMMV.

holesinpaper
05-15-2011, 17:13
Extra belt loops can easily be added to jeans.

G30 Sidearm
05-15-2011, 17:20
I found an article about levi strauss. They are a supporter of gun control. And help the cause by funding it. I sent them a letter. I am no longer a customer.

Warp
05-15-2011, 17:36
What have you all found to be a good blue jean for concealed carry? I really prefer jeans that have more than the standard 5 belt loops for jeans that have 9 belt loops. The only jeans I have found with 9 belt loops are Wranglers, but they are too tight to wear for me. I'm not trying to make a fashion statement, but rather something that is functional for concealed carry.

This is one of the reasons I wear a lot of kaki colored cargo pants these days. The pockets as well as the additional belt loops. Too many pairs of pants have only the one belt loop in the back half or so (say 4:00-8:00), and that just sucks.

niadhf
05-15-2011, 17:43
I've gone to Wrangler exclusively just for the loop number and location. Either original or relaxed fit for jeans,, Or during warmer weather their "Hero Original" Cargo pants and Cargo Shorts.

BailRecoveryAgent
05-15-2011, 18:22
I've found the holster and belt to be more of determining factor to successful/comfortable conceal carry than the number of loops on the garment. YMMV.

Yep. I'm convinced that with the right equipment, the amount of belt loops is a non issue.

kcramer
05-15-2011, 18:25
Yep. I'm convinced that with the right equipment, the amount of belt loops is a non issue.

^^^^This^^^^

AGAF
05-15-2011, 18:38

Unfortunately, it doesn't work this way for everyone; thus, the question at hand....

Daryl in Az
05-15-2011, 18:51
I've worn Wrangler jeans all of my adult life, and they've always had 7 loops.

Maybe larger sizes have 9? I dunno. I wear a 29" waist size.

Daryl

gunslinger3
05-15-2011, 20:07
I've gone to Wrangler exclusively just for the loop number and location. Either original or relaxed fit for jeans,,s.:thumbsup::agree:

Bill Lumberg
05-16-2011, 07:45
Regular Levi's. With a proper belt and holster, the number of belt loops isn't a concern.

Gallium
05-16-2011, 07:48
Explore other carry locations. Front pocket, smart carry (belly band), ankle carry/etc.

'Drew

junkie
05-16-2011, 07:55
Diamond gusset

Made in the USA

shaggy&scooby
05-16-2011, 23:13
I wear All American Clothing brand jeans myself because they are American made. Nine loops. They work great, too. But I don't think they do anything that a pair of jeans with lesser number of loops cannot do.

David Armstrong
05-17-2011, 09:43
Extra belt loops can easily be added to jeans.
This. When I used to do a lot of OWB carry I would often get additional loops put on the pants.

Agent6-3/8
05-17-2011, 10:07
I wear Cinch, Wrangler, and Levi's. All have 7 loops. I've found the holster and belt to be more of determining factor to successful/comfortable conceal carry than the number of loops on the garment. YMMV.

+1

Quite conversly, I've found the extra belt loops to be in the way with certain holster combinations...

smokeross
05-17-2011, 10:49
Ever heard of bachelor buttons? Hammer them on your jeans and toss a pair of suspenders over your shoulders. Or just buy work jeans that already have them. And who calls them pants anyway? Dad always says girls wear pants. Men wear jeans. HHHMMMM. p.s. don't get them whimpy suspenders with the clips either. Order a man set out of Baileys chainsaw catalog. Otherwise you might look like my friend Vigilant who wears slacks everywhere and a skinny pair of clip on suspenders. I think he's also guilty of wearing those gay little suspenders on his socks, too. I'm afraid to look.

John Rambo
05-17-2011, 10:54
Never worn a pair of blue jeans that weren't good for carry. I usually don't even use a belt. Just make sure not to get the new-age metrosexual jeans that are made out of the same crap that women's jeans are. The fabric (I don't think its real denim) is too thin and soft. But a good pair of Levis or something, you can't go wrong with 'em.