Ftf in lonewolf slide [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ftf in lonewolf slide

JOSE A. MARINE
05-16-2011, 09:27
I bought a lonewolf slide and converted my 17 to "34". passed all the component of my old slide to the lonewolf, and was having lots of ftf, someone told me to remove my firing pin liner and everything was solved.

is this the correct solution?

I'm also seeing some rubbing of the slide where the slide touches the barrel block iin the frame, how should I adress this issue?

please help, here in old mexico we dont have any competent glock armorers.

where could I get a new unchambered .355 barrel for my 34?

JOE

LoneWolfMarketing
05-16-2011, 09:46
I'm a bit confused. When you say you "passed" all the components from old slide to new did you pass the old channel liner? If so that may be your problem. Most times when people try to remove a channel liner they ruin it. A new one is less then $4 and we install it for free when ordering a slide so you might as well do that.

Your gun should run fine with a new channel liner (chamfered end in first).

Not sure what you mean when you say "touches the barrel block in the frame" can you be more specific.

JOSE A. MARINE
05-16-2011, 10:05
I'LL TRY TO LOAD ONE.

Yes I bought a new liner, correctly installed.
I'll put images of the gun assembled. I have it working on a varian of the 380 acp. 9mm is not legal in mexico. thanks guys

JOSE A. MARINE
05-16-2011, 10:12
I talked to Dan Shepard at the shot show about what we are doing converting 19 and 17's to 380acp. in SHOTSHOW LV. 2010

thanks for the interest.

Joe

JOSE A. MARINE
05-16-2011, 10:34
Right now the gun works awesome without the liner, could I hurt the slide if I keep on doing it?

the gun has a model 19 recoil spring in a stainless spring guide. also tried a 13 pounder and works ok. but it recoils harder... and with a model 17 spring the gun needs lots of powder to work.. this is the gun my kids shoot in competition.

thanks, Joe

cciman
05-16-2011, 15:56
Normal, put a little oil on this slide surface, or on the edge of the barrel block.

I'm not sure about running without a channel liner. Why do you think that changed things?

I'LL TRY TO LOAD ONE.

I'll put images of the gun assembled. I have it working on a varian of the 380 acp. 9mm is not legal in mexico. thanks guys

JOSE A. MARINE
05-16-2011, 21:36
WHEN I removed the firing pin liner, the failure to fire ceased, and the gun worked perfectly..but I need to know if I can leave the gun as it is (without the liner).

could the markings on the slide be avoided?? maybe putting a buffer, or changing to a heavier spring??

please help, my kids love that gun for ipsc and idpa..and nra.. and ppc..ha! we shoot a combination of them all.

Glockrunner
05-17-2011, 04:35
I'LL TRY TO LOAD ONE.

Looks like normal Glock peening to me.

JOSE A. MARINE
05-17-2011, 09:01
and that gun has never shown the markings on the slide, and has never failed to fire.

in ipsc competitions here in mexico its common to see glock failing to fire on the first round, why could that be. most of those guns are models 25 in 380 acp..

Joe

JOSE A. MARINE
05-18-2011, 15:39
I came to this site because lonewolf answered some questions, and I'm not asking for warranty or something like that, I'm looking for guidance.

lonewolf could have sent a pm and answered or told me to piss off.

I'll try luck somewhere else.

Joe