Old one, but new to me. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Old one, but new to me.

Detectorist
05-16-2011, 21:02
And very funny. WTF.

http://www.nytimes.com/1999/09/09/nyregion/metro-news-briefs-connecticut-judge-rules-that-police-can-bar-high-iq-scores.html

msu_grad_121
05-16-2011, 21:43
Wow, old for sure, but dang that's a twist! Way to strive for mediocrity, New London! :rofl:

Ajon412
05-16-2011, 22:00
If they eliminated those who scored the highest, I can only imagine what happened to those who scored the lowest.....:headscratch:

OldCurlyWolf
05-16-2011, 22:01
Who wants stupid LEO's?

Idjiots.

Ajon412
05-16-2011, 22:19
Who wants stupid LEO's?

Idjiots.

Apparently the NLPD......Not stupid LEO's, just not the high scorers...:whistling:

msu_grad_121
05-16-2011, 22:49
All kidding aside, I can't see their reasoning for that. I mean, if you interview him and he's brilliant but a social retard, that's one thing. But to drop him right off the bat without even talking to him? Seems like you're cutting your nose off to spite your face. Oh well...

Naelbis
05-16-2011, 23:01
It is called protecting your position by eliminating anyone who may be smarter or better educated than you...plus super educated and smart peope are less likely to just go with the flow and accept "that's just how we do things" as an answer.

PROSOUTH
05-17-2011, 10:55
It is called protecting your position by eliminating anyone who may be smarter or better educated than you...plus super educated and smart peope are less likely to just go with the flow and accept "that's just how we do things" as an answer.

DING DING DING................ I think we have a winner!

Besides, how would he ever relate to the bottom of the barrel from up there?

:rofl:

bccop
05-17-2011, 16:34
If they eliminated those who scored the highest, I can only imagine what happened to those who scored the lowest.....:headscratch:

They get a uniform with a white shirt and get called sir or ma'am.

Ajon412
05-17-2011, 16:37
They get a uniform with a white shirt and get called sir or ma'am.

Sad, but so true........

Vigilant
05-17-2011, 16:40
:cough: :Holder:

txleapd
05-17-2011, 16:58
There are federal agencies that won't hire people who score over a certain level of genius on a given IQ test. The theory is that they will become bored quickly, and open to outside influences.

I guess I can see the rationale, but I'm not too sure I agree with it. There are other factors that come into play... Morals, integrity, and common sense (which is apparently immeasurable) are a few.

EOD3
05-17-2011, 18:06
Morals, integrity, and common sense (which is apparently immeasurable) are a few.

Sure you can. Put the cadet and a trash can full of papers in a room with a dozen other people. Light the paper on fire.

If the cadet runs screaming from the room he may not be the best choice. If he stomps out the fire, hire him. If he whips it out and pi**es on the fire to put it out, put him in for accelerated promotion. :rofl:

Vigilant
05-17-2011, 18:29
Sure you can. Put the cadet and a trash can full of papers in a room with a dozen other people. Light the paper on fire.

If the cadet runs screaming from the room he may not be the best choice. If he stomps out the fire, hire him. If he whips it out and pi**es on the fire to put it out, put him in for accelerated promotion. :rofl:

Light several other very small fires around the room as well. If he ignores the big fire, and runs around ceremoniously pissing on all the little fires, promote him to Captain.