Is this a problem? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Is this a problem?

Dixie Don
05-16-2011, 21:02
Hi y'all,
I have a Glock 30 and I'm not sure if the following description is a problem. Take the slide off and hold the frame in my hand normally. There is a shiny metal piece on the left side at the back that hangs into the magazine well. The part is very pointy when viewed from the side. Here is the question: this piece is bent quite a bit to the right (maybe 25 to 35 degrees). I have 5 other Glocks and in all of them the piece is straight. The other guns are 9mm and .40 caliber. Is this bend correct? Maybe only on .45 cal? I bought the 30 a while ago and there is no wear on the rest of the internals (it was advertised as virtually new and is) and I have not fired it (was going to tomorrow...). Anyone run across this? Is it normal? Thought I would ask the gurus here before I call Glock. Thanks in advance.

JR
05-17-2011, 13:37
That piece of metal is the ejector. The ejector in the 45 series pistols is supposed to be bent

Dixie Don
05-17-2011, 18:59
Thanks JR. The weapon field stripped OK and dry functioned fine but I was just concerned. Now I know and time to try out that puppy. Thanks again!