Akron Mom Waves Gun Defending Daughter on Busy Downtown Street [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Akron Mom Waves Gun Defending Daughter on Busy Downtown Street

TBO
05-16-2011, 21:36
Akron Mom Waves Gun Defending Daughter on Busy Downtown Street

http://www.fox8.com/news/wjw-news-delray-gilbert-gun-arrest,0,5443308.story

Ajon412
05-16-2011, 22:31
You just can't make this stuff up......:dunno:

Veedubklown
05-16-2011, 22:48
Hope the judge looks at this and dismisses it.

JimBianchi
05-16-2011, 23:39
tag for more info.

CitizenOfDreams
05-17-2011, 00:03
We don't know all the details of the story. But the fact that one of the attackers was charged with "assault and criminal damaging" tells me that the woman probably pulled out her gun for a good reason.

EOD3
05-17-2011, 00:41
At first blush, it sounds justified. What do you want to bet it won't stay that way for long? Sounds like one of the Janet Evanovich novels my wife reads...

steveksux
05-17-2011, 02:57
This one really depends. Got a group of women attacking her daughter, I can see disparity of force. After the McDonalds incident where a couple of girls stomped someone to the point of convulsing that could justify deadly force.

However, you have an ongoing feud between them, so I doubt her hands are completely clean. I'm sure there was some taunting and crap talking ahead of time, and you can't start a fight and use your gun to get you out of trouble.

If you have a real deadly force situation, you don't have time to wave a gun around and tell everyone you'll bust a cap in their ass.

So I'm inclined to say it was handled right by the cops. Not so much by the people involved.

But without being there, no way to tell. Too much he said she said.

Randy

txleapd
05-17-2011, 05:40
This one really depends. Got a group of women attacking her daughter, I can see disparity of force. After the McDonalds incident where a couple of girls stomped someone to the point of convulsing that could justify deadly force.

However, you have an ongoing feud between them, so I doubt her hands are completely clean. I'm sure there was some taunting and crap talking ahead of time, and you can't start a fight and use your gun to get you out of trouble.

If you have a real deadly force situation, you don't have time to wave a gun around and tell everyone you'll bust a cap in their ass.

So I'm inclined to say it was handled right by the cops. Not so much by the people involved.

But without being there, no way to tell. Too much he said she said.

Randy

I'm with you.... On paper it sounds she was likely justified, but there has got to be something else going on here. None of us know what that is, or how it plays into the incident. I'm curious to see how it all turns out.

Patchman
05-17-2011, 07:08
Now if I was with the other group, I'd think about borrowing or buying a gun for protection. I'm sure the on-going feud is far from over. And you already know the mother carries a gun.

MeefZah
05-17-2011, 08:00
What the trouble is?

She was open carrying, in her hand. It's legal!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:upeyes:

alwaysshootin
05-17-2011, 08:24
"A fight broke out and Gilbert, who has a permit to legally carry a gun, pulled out the weapon and backed the women away from her daughter, police say."

Sounds as though things worked out well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

buddah
05-18-2011, 08:21
Lock up aggressors. Then lock up mom with gun for menacing w/deadly weapon. Make overtime processing both arrest. Let courts handle the outcome as usual. Use overtime $$ for scotch, cigars, steaks, hookers. Life is simple.:whistling: