So I'm minding my own business.... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : So I'm minding my own business....

BamaTrooper
05-17-2011, 08:05
trying to catch up on paperwork, when dumbasses with warrants start walking in teh door at 8:00am. It hasn't stopped yet and I have only been here an hour.

Dragoon44
05-17-2011, 08:13
trying to catch up on paperwork, when dumbasses with warrants start walking in teh door at 8:00am. It hasn't stopped yet and I have only been here an hour.

But they told you the warrants were a mistake didn't they? so why didn't you just go back to your paperwork?

Maybe you should start a new line, Drivers licenses line here, surrendering on warrants line here.

:tongueout::rofl::rofl:

BamaTrooper
05-17-2011, 08:18
But they told you the warrants were a mistake didn't they? so why didn't you just go back to your paperwork?

Maybe you should start a new line, Drivers licenses line here, surrendering on warrants line here.

:tongueout::rofl::rofl:

The guy cuffed in here now has been paying his probation fees, but forgot to pay his court costs and fees. He owes the court $1872.50 and we are waiting for the County SO to come pick him up on the FTA-unlawful manufacture of controlled substance charge.

One thing about working here is the people coming in all fired up and with a chip on both shoulders about how "we" keep them from getting their license and they rant and rave about anything and everything but what they did to get their license taken. When a warrant pops up on them, it makes it really enjoyable.

MeefZah
05-17-2011, 08:28
I think every cop story I have ever told starts with that line: "So I'm riding around, minding my own business, when..."

:rofl:

DaBigBR
05-17-2011, 09:16
It's nice that you guys actually have law enforcement at the DL station. We don't, and they (the DL station) have no way to check them for warrants. The only good it serves is that the dumb ones (with warrants) can go in and update their address.

Dragoon44
05-17-2011, 09:18
Besides, you are a COP! you are not supposed to be minding your own business. You are supposed to be minding other peoples business!

:tongueout::rofl:

BamaTrooper
05-17-2011, 09:19
It's nice that you guys actually have law enforcement at the DL station. We don't, and they (the DL station) have no way to check them for warrants. The only good it serves is that the dumb ones (with warrants) can go in and update their address.

Here, we have DPS DL offices where you go for testing, reinstatement and 1st time application for (or transfer back to) AL DL or ID. Our system runs an automatic NCIC check. If you go to a probate office or license commssioner (depends on your county) you might get sent to us for a "problem" they can't solve; then you get arrested.

Ajon412
05-17-2011, 09:55
Don't you just hate it when people give themselves up / turn themselves in......:rofl:

mrsurfboard
05-17-2011, 10:23

We check everyone that comes in the door. Can't tell you how many people we've arrested for warrants when they just came in to report a theft.

KiloBravo
05-17-2011, 10:30
No cops in the DL centers here either. At least none in uniform. I highly doubt there are any in plain clothes either. Sure seems like a great idea though.

Sharky7
05-17-2011, 10:39
At least it came at the start of the shift instead of 10 minutes before you had to leave and had something important to do right after you get off work.

My pet peeve are the people receiving unknown harrassing phone calls for the last month - but they wait until a Friday or Saturday night at 11:00 PM on St. Patrick's day or some other busy holiday to call and report it. You already waited a month to call and report it? Why not wait til Sunday afternoon? I guess you heard my sirens going past your window every 10 minutes so that reminded you to call and report it.

Sharky7
05-17-2011, 10:41
Don't you just hate it when people give themselves up / turn themselves in......:rofl:

Sir, please put this shirt on and run around in our parking lot adjacent to the police department. An officer will be out to chase you and subdue you as soon as one is available. Thank you.

http://www.sneakerfiles.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/vandal-a-thrill-of-the-hunt-t-shirt-1.jpg

CAcop
05-17-2011, 10:56
I think every cop story I have ever told starts with that line: "So I'm riding around, minding my own business, when..."

I actually started a report once with, "There I was minding my own business when..."

It was a joke and I printed it out before submitting it to have it before changing it but since the printer was being goofy as usual a few extra copies ended up on the printer and people thought I had submitted it that way.

MeefZah
05-17-2011, 11:04
Here, we have DPS DL offices where you go for testing, reinstatement and 1st time application for (or transfer back to) AL DL or ID. Our system runs an automatic NCIC check. If you go to a probate office or license commssioner (depends on your county) you might get sent to us for a "problem" they can't solve; then you get arrested.

Exactly how Ohio does it. No cops in the local offices, state cops in the main state office.

trdvet
05-17-2011, 12:46
But they told you the warrants were a mistake didn't they?

Yep

"I just paid them dems warrants Ofasa! I swear!"

" My lawyer said he done took care of dem!"

"I just got out of jail!"

MeefZah
05-17-2011, 14:09
Yep

"I just paid them dems warrants Ofasa! I swear!"

" My lawyer said he done took care of dem!"

"I just got out of jail!"

You forgot: "I got the paperwork to prove I took care of that with me..." and then they either hand you a Snickers wrapper, or they follow up after some searching around with "Damn, I left them at my baby mama's house..."

trdvet
05-17-2011, 15:33
You forgot: "I got the paperwork to prove I took care of that with me..."

How could I forget. Usually they want to call Pookie and tell him to go over to Ray Ray's house to grab this "paperwork". They can never find the stuff though, weird.

actionshooter10
05-17-2011, 15:47
At least it's boosting your stats...lol.

EOD3
05-17-2011, 18:17

Seems a little disturbing that every "Mean ole po-po" story you hear starts the same way. :rofl: :embarassed:

RocPO
05-17-2011, 19:16
My pet peeve are the people receiving unknown harrassing phone calls for the last month - but they wait until a Friday or Saturday night at 11:00 PM on St. Patrick's day or some other busy holiday to call and report it. You already waited a month to call and report it? Why not wait til Sunday afternoon? I guess you heard my sirens going past your window every 10 minutes so that reminded you to call and report it.

Dear god that annoys me beyond belief. Or my new favorite, they want to report a harassment because they got into a facebook fight with their "former bff" over some stupid juvenile nonsense and "want to document it." :steamed::steamed::steamed: Oh, and they're in their 20's or 30's. :steamed::steamed::steamed:

Roadkill_751
05-17-2011, 19:42
The other day I was dispatched to a domestic call between a boyfriend and girlfriend. When I arrived, I asked what was going on. The girlfriend said I called because I knew we were going to get into an argument.

I read her the riot act and got into my car pissed. The other deputy just shook his head in disgust.

I figured that the girlfriend was going to complain on me, but so far she hasn't. I just hope she does, my Lt. hate idiots. :whistling:

trdvet
05-17-2011, 20:57
Dear god that annoys me beyond belief. Or my new favorite, they want to report a harassment because they got into a facebook fight with their "former bff" over some stupid juvenile nonsense and "want to document it." :steamed::steamed::steamed: Oh, and they're in their 20's or 30's. :steamed::steamed::steamed:

I tell them to block them by FB and by phone. There is a pause and then a big "Oooooo" like they just had an epiphany. My next favorite call are child custody issues. What has taken two people years to create.....and mess up they want us to come over and fix in 5 minutes or less. I refer them to their lawyers and civil court where they had the child custody paperwork signed at.

steveksux
05-17-2011, 21:54
The guy cuffed in here now has been paying his probation fees, but forgot to pay his court costs and fees. He owes the court $1872.50 and we are waiting for the County SO to come pick him up on the FTA-unlawful manufacture of controlled substance charge.

Nice to see there's still some things manufactured in the Good Ole US of A! :tongueout::rofl:

Randy

RocPO
05-18-2011, 07:59
I tell them to block them by FB and by phone. There is a pause and then a big "Oooooo" like they just had an epiphany. My next favorite call are child custody issues. What has taken two people years to create.....and mess up they want us to come over and fix in 5 minutes or less. I refer them to their lawyers and civil court where they had the child custody paperwork signed at.

I do the same. As I explain to them that they're adults and need to start acting like it. But it's still paperwork that I could do without :tongueout:

DaBigBR
05-18-2011, 09:48
We check everyone that comes in the door. Can't tell you how many people we've arrested for warrants when they just came in to report a theft.

I run everybody I talk to at the PD, also. The OP works in the driver's licensing portion of his agency, though.

No cops in the DL centers here either. At least none in uniform. I highly doubt there are any in plain clothes either. Sure seems like a great idea though.

I didn't even think about that. Our state DOT actually has a handful of plainclothes investigators that work DL fraud type cases. They work out of various DL centers throughout the state but they're covering way more ground than one office and I doubt that they're dealing with people at the counter much.

Pepper45
05-18-2011, 14:35
At least it came at the start of the shift instead of 10 minutes before you had to leave and had something important to do right after you get off work.

This x1000.

Every time it happens, I reaffirm my hatred of all people, regardless of race, color, creed, sex, or national origin. Block them on your phone. Block them on your facebook. Ignore them. Unless they're outside your house, they're not a real threat. The police aren't here to enforce your electronic social network's rules.

jpa
05-19-2011, 18:02
One of the investigators that used to work in my office is now an investigator for the DMV. Since they went to a central issuance DL/ID system with facial recognition before they issue the ID they've been arresting illegals like mad, along with other people who have stolen identities.

At work we run the driver applicants, we'll get at least 5-10 warrants a week that way. I love the parolees at large who want to drive a taxi and wind up leaving in handcuffs.