Polygraph Finished! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Polygraph Finished!

KiloBravo
05-17-2011, 10:27
Just got home from my polygraph exam...The Cpl. Who tested me said nothing bad jumped out at him, so I hope that is accurate, lol. If I get selected to move on, next up is the background investigation. If that comes back clean, which it should, then the last stage is a psych and medical evaluation. I am well over half way through now. I will continue to keep getting into shape as well.

For those who wanted updates along the way, here you go. Thanks for the support. :wavey:

Mayhem like Me
05-17-2011, 10:47
what agency??

KiloBravo
05-17-2011, 10:49
what agency??

PA State Police

Mayhem like Me
05-17-2011, 11:04
Good luck.. I had to go to Florida in 1982 to get a Police job even after scoring 97% on the PA state police exam, they were under a consent order at the time....and I was not in the demographic needed.. great agency.

KiloBravo
05-17-2011, 11:12
Good luck.. I had to go to Florida in 1982 to get a Police job even after scoring 97% on the PA state police exam, they were under a consent order at the time....and I was not in the demographic needed.. great agency.

Wow. That would suck for sure. I am sorry that happened. That is awesome that you overcame that though and got hired on some place else. It was their loss for not hiring you. The only thing in my favor now is the fact that there are supposedly mass retirements coming in the next two years, and the newly elected governor promises to keep making more funds available for police agencies, as he has done thus far.

I realize that I a long way from being finished, but will keep plunging away the best that I can.

collim1
05-17-2011, 12:04
That is good news, the polygraph was by far the hardest part for me.

I am very claustrophobic, so the polygraph caused me a lot of anxiety and stress. The polygraph operator concluded that I showed deception when asked if I have ever been involved in domestic terrorism or made terroristic threats against the US Government.

I guess my employers chose to ignore his findings.

I have never been so uncomfortable in my life. Polygraphs are junk witch doctor non-scientific machines.

AGAF
05-17-2011, 12:13
Yeah, what sucks is that the person administering the polygraph can make someone who is completely honest look deceptive with certain wording and techniques. Good luck, hope all goes well for you!

KiloBravo
05-17-2011, 13:08
Thank you gentlemen! I am very thrilled to have made it this far. I will just keep on keeping on.

Mayhem like Me
05-17-2011, 13:09
My friend a long term Polygrapher with an Alphabet Federal agency asked me:

F: Do you know the difference between Inconclusive and no Deception?

Me: No, What?

F: My opinion!

KiloBravo
05-17-2011, 13:12

:rofl: that is a good sensible way to think of it. Haha...I hope I made a good impression on the guy who tested me to help my chances. :supergrin:

Patchman
05-17-2011, 18:33
I'm sure you know that if you are desperate enough to ask people here for advice on the psyche, to just go ahead and feel free to ask. :whistling:

KiloBravo
05-17-2011, 18:36
I'm sure you know that if you were desperate enough to ask people here for advice on the psyche, to just go ahead and feel free to ask. :whistling:

Sounds great. I appreciate that...anybody have any advice for the psych that will not land me in the looney bin? :supergrin:

I actually already aced my oral board. That was the second step after the written test.

txleapd
05-17-2011, 19:47

There's a guy at work who was a polygrapher for the CIA. He's the first to admit they are junk science. Surprisingly, he has a very low opinion of them.

EOD3
05-17-2011, 20:41
Sounds great. I appreciate that...anybody have any advice for the psych that will not land me in the looney bin? :supergrin:

I actually already aced my oral board. That was the second step after the written test.

Sarcasm is not your strong suit, is it? :rofl:

blueiron
05-17-2011, 20:45
I am very claustrophobic, so the polygraph caused me a lot of anxiety and stress. The polygraph operator concluded that I showed deception when asked if I have ever been involved in domestic terrorism or made terroristic threats against the US Government.

Sinner.

rsagona1
05-18-2011, 14:56
Just got home from my polygraph exam...The Cpl. Who tested me said nothing bad jumped out at him, so I hope that is accurate, lol. If I get selected to move on, next up is the background investigation. If that comes back clean, which it should, then the last stage is a psych and medical evaluation. I am well over half way through now. I will continue to keep getting into shape as well.

For those who wanted updates along the way, here you go. Thanks for the support. :wavey:
Congrats. Mine came back inconclusive. Hope to get re-invited back. Bloody machines.

Best of luck in the rest of your application process.

rsagona1
05-18-2011, 14:56
Wow, just re-read your post. They do the background AFTER the polygraph? You'd think they'd want to do it before, so they have material to ask you in the polygraph.

volsbear
05-18-2011, 15:54

If something bad jumps out at the corporal, I think you get shot :tongueout:

KiloBravo
05-18-2011, 18:47
Wow, just re-read your post. They do the background AFTER the polygraph? You'd think they'd want to do it before, so they have material to ask you in the polygraph.

Yeah...I guess every department does things a little differently. They asked general questions about if I lied on my application and such. I guess that probably covered most things. There were some other things as well.

Good luck with the rest of your process as well!

KiloBravo
05-18-2011, 18:48
If something bad jumps out at the corporal, I think you get shot :tongueout:

Lucky me! :supergrin:

Hack
05-18-2011, 21:11
Congrats, and good luck on the rest. I had concluded some time ago that polygraphs are junk science. It is always person administering them who is basically interrogating the subject, using their mental skills more so than using a machine. That is why they are used mainly for investigative and administrative purposes more so than a court of law.