Friend with an interesting Problem - LEO opinions needed [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Friend with an interesting Problem - LEO opinions needed

gemeinschaft
05-17-2011, 12:01
Ok, here is the problem.

A friend of mine who has been a resident of TX for the past 30 years, recently moved to North Carolina. He keeps failing pre-employment background checks when he applies for jobs because he has a common name and as luck would have it, someone of the same name and DOB lives in NC.

I recommended that he contact the county clerk's office of the county that he has lived in for the past 30 years to get a copy of his records proving residency and his one conviction for DWI back in the early 80s when he was young and stupid.

Then contact the Agency in NC that has arrested and convicted this other guy on multiple occasions to at least get something from them to prove that he is not the same person.

Unfortunately, this other dude in NC is also a White male average height and weight.

Due to the fact that he has a misdemeanor offense in Texas for DWI, he would have a SID on file with FBI and that should be different than the one for this turd in NC, correct?

What else can he do to prevent losing out on job opportunities based on someone else's criminal history?

If this turd gets a warrant issued for him, how can my buddy avoid going to jail on a 48 hour investigative hold? (probably going to be left to officer's discretion, but thought I would ask if anyone has any good ideas.)

All suggestions welcome, if you are an LEO in NC and want more info, PM me and I will happily provide it.

Thanks in advance.

Mayhem like Me
05-17-2011, 12:05
Prints will clear it up have him pay for his own check in NC complete with a print check to the FB of the Eye...

The check with prints will match only one record , if you friend is telling the truth.

gemeinschaft
05-17-2011, 12:14
Prints will clear it up have him pay for his own check in NC complete with a print check to the FB of the Eye...

The check with prints will match only one record , if you friend is telling the truth.

Yeah, he is.

Once he has his records from Dallas County, TX he is going to take them to Surry County, NC; but is there something that they can put on file in case of future issues?

Mayhem like Me
05-17-2011, 12:20
Can,,but not likely to do any good it's all computer match ups, the Prints are what start the official record, If an agency is denying him based on just name and DOB they need to go to the prints AND social,,

The local record is not a complete record if it does not match up to your friends prints, a match on a print record woudl show the otehr guy has a different FBI number and the prints do not match.

gemeinschaft
05-17-2011, 13:14
Can,,but not likely to do any good it's all computer match ups, the Prints are what start the official record, If an agency is denying him based on just name and DOB they need to go to the prints AND social,,

The local record is not a complete record if it does not match up to your friends prints, a match on a print record woudl show the otehr guy has a different FBI number and the prints do not match.

This would be easy if he was applying with LEO agencies, they would catch it immediately, but he is applying for a Public Sector job and this is where he is running into issues. I am pretty sure that the HR department is just going online to an account that they pay $25/yr and entering his name and DOB - then issuing a denial based on incomplete info... If that makes sense.

Mayhem like Me
05-17-2011, 14:09
This would be easy if he was applying with LEO agencies, they would catch it immediately, but he is applying for a Public Sector job and this is where he is running into issues. I am pretty sure that the HR department is just going online to an account that they pay $25/yr and entering his name and DOB - then issuing a denial based on incomplete info... If that makes sense.

Yup sure does, your friend can pull his own and get it to their HR... with an explanation that EET WUz De ODer Guy...

gemeinschaft
05-17-2011, 14:16
Yup sure does, your friend can pull his own and get it to their HR... with an explanation that EET WUz De ODer Guy...

Thanks for your input.

Patchman
05-17-2011, 15:20
Don't know how big an issue money is with your friend but maybe he needs to hire an attorney to have the records cleared up as to who's who.

txleapd
05-17-2011, 15:27
I was stationed in NC for over 6 years, so I would suggest he just move back to Texas.... :supergrin:

merlynusn
05-18-2011, 08:12
He needs to see if the other guy is listed with his middle name also. If the middle names are different, then he needs to ensure he has his middle name on all applications.

Additionally, he can go to the DOC website, which should have the other offender's middle name. But yes, he needs to go with the SSN. He also should explain to the HR people that there is another guy with his same first and last names who has a record, but he is not that person (hence going with the middle name also).

gemeinschaft
05-18-2011, 08:18
He needs to see if the other guy is listed with his middle name also. If the middle names are different, then he needs to ensure he has his middle name on all applications.

Additionally, he can go to the DOC website, which should have the other offender's middle name. But yes, he needs to go with the SSN. He also should explain to the HR people that there is another guy with his same first and last names who has a record, but he is not that person (hence going with the middle name also).

When I said they have the same name, I mean First, Middle and Last.

Wish it were that easy.

If anyone wants to look them up independently and at least verify to the forum that My buddy isn't making this up and there are actually two guys with name First, Middle, Last names and DOB.

What are the odds?

DaBigBR
05-18-2011, 10:08
The unfortunate thing is that a lot of employers are probably doing a pretty rudimentary background check. They either will not catch this, or they will just use it to wash him without regard to what the truth is...you have to cull the herd some how, I guess.